• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Weston Shooters Club on Ch 7

Yep, they are, and they're a lot of them out there too! Especially the one's from overseas who like to be called au pairs! Swellesley, Weston, Wayland, and Dover are filled with them! But I did once go to a house in Swellesley that had three fat, old, and beastly one's. One for each child, a set of twins and a rugrat under three. The commercial six burner, heavy duty Viking range actually got used by the three of them while the Mother was out at the Country Club, or lunch with the girls, or shopping for herself most of the day! Myself and the guys that I was the manager of, got hit on by at least one Nanny a week or by the starving for male attention, bored wives whose husbands were never home until late at night.
One nanny per kid? Wow, they had some disposable income.

Meh, half the people in Weston make that in less than a day and I think country club dues are closer to 6 figures now. The rich pay these prices because it keeps the poors out. I.E. they aren't paying for a gun range, they are paying for access to a partnered lawyer or ceo that can help them make more money, same as golf.
Weston's cheap tier membership wasn't that much money if you couldn't afford that then you probably shouldn't be shooting. I almost split one of the bigger ones with a friend of mine that basically only shoots when I shoot. The reason they have members is because there is a paucity of decent well ventilated indoor handgun ranges in mass that aren't pay ranges. And a lot of people are content to shoot handguns vs nothing in the winter or at midnight lol....

You're hurting my feelings here... I was actually thinking of getting a used Bentley Continental GT as my next fun car since I sold the Mas.
The “Mas” will suck your wallet faster than you can imagine.

The book time for a fog lamp replacement was something like 8 hours on the Turbo R IIRC.
I looked under the hood after buying the bulb and said eff this. Ship it!!
They had some great mechanics in that shop back then. No such thing as can’t do.

This will probably put the naysayers over the edge
The sister club
And they plan on opening more in other states
I guess the business model works

NOW OPEN!​

FOUNDERS SHOOTING CLUB​

FORT LAUDERDALE’S PREMIER PRIVATE GUN CLUB​

LIMITED MEMBERSHIPS ARE AVAILABLE NOW​

I for the life of me cannot understand how someone can justify purchasing or even leasing a Bentley. It's literally the same thing as lighting hundreds of thousands of dollars on fire and watching them burn by owning a car with if not the worst, pretty close to the bottom of the barrel for depreciation. I'm not sure what's worse Maserati or Bentley. As soon as those cars get past the warranty end date/mileage they drop to zero pretty fast.

View: https://youtu.be/l_Zyfk5Jgqw

$500-$2k initiation fees, and $1,200 yearly fee….

All for a 50ft pistol range? No rifles, no action shooting, no clays, no longer range rifle ranges. Where the f*** is all that money going? Espresso machine upkeep isn’t that expensive.

The place cost well over a $ million to build, it's privately owned and wasn't done as charity.

I know a family from weston. Saw them at some charity event and they had a new nanny from Poland. An easy 10 on her worst day. I saw them up at lake winnipesaukee a few weeks later and the nanny was in a bikini bouncing around with the kids. When I saw them again around the holidays there was a new nanny…..an old, babushka nanny. I asked the guy where the polish girl went and he just said, “don’t ask. Seriously, please don’t ask again.”

The hot European nannies often get the notion to move in on the husband. Rarely works I imagine. Too expensive for the dude.

$500-$2k initiation fees, and $1,200 yearly fee….

All for a 50ft pistol range? No rifles, no action shooting, no clays, no longer range rifle ranges. Where the f*** is all that money going? Espresso machine upkeep isn’t that expensive.
Ya not my cup of tea either.. for that kind of money I’d rather support some kind of youth shooting leage small local club….

There’s only one club around here that’s not a bunch of fudds in western mass…. Unless you want to go pay for play at hot brass..
I’ll take the woods over any of it.

The membership to that club from the OP is half the property taxes on my own compound/farm

View attachment 786031
Straight off the service mangers wall.
Back when I started there was no leasing or at least not that I was ever aware of. You owned it and paid the guy. 😂

I loved that Turbo R and loved the Blue Ridge Parkway. Sort of like a big heavy living room couch that hauled ass. Sucked up corners in pure comfort.
A friend of mine who I used to worked with went on to be their lead Mercedes tech. It was employee owned and a great place to work. He left shortly after Chambers bought the dealership.

I for the life of me cannot understand how someone can justify purchasing or even leasing a Bentley. It's literally the same thing as lighting hundreds of thousands of dollars on fire and watching them burn by owning a car with if not the worst, pretty close to the bottom of the barrel for depreciation. I'm not sure what's worse Maserati or Bentley. As soon as those cars get past the warranty end date/mileage they drop to zero pretty fast.

I get it. We all have different views of the world. Imagine someone living in Venezuela. "I can't for the life of me understand why anyone would waste money on buying beef when you can raise and kill your own chickens. It seems so wasteful." It's all a matter of perspective. If you had $100 mil and really liked the look of a Bent, you'd get one. I don't and I don't, so I don't own one. LOL

There are two types of people that buy Bentley's (Bentlies???) - those that have more money than we can comprehend and people who love rap and drink Henny. The second group is a bunch of posers. Lots of folks in this group. The first group? They don't TALK about their Bentley. They just drive and enjoy it.

Side story - I met with this woman in 1995 or so. Around that time. She was in her mid-50's and was convinced her retirement strategy was to buy and store (in her back yard!) early 1980's Rolls Royces. She had. . . I think 3 of them. Paid over $10K each. In 1995. No money in her 401(k). Outside of REALLY old ones, I don't think a modern vintage Rolls is worth anything. Just checked - they're running 15-40K. Not a good investment. LOL

I thought that's what Polish smoke-show nanny's were for? ;)
Yep, they are, and they're a lot of them out there too! Especially the one's from overseas who like to be called au pairs!….
I would think that all Polish nannies are from overseas 😉

A friend of mine who I used to worked with went on to be their lead Mercedes tech. It was employee owned and a great place to work. He left shortly after Chambers bought the dealership.
It was one of the best crews I got to work with for a long time. How many guys can work all day on very complicated cars and not get dirty?
I walk past a grease gun and a hunk lands on me. 😂

You really can’t knock the Westin club, you have to remember everyone gets different things out of shooting, and is looking for different things in a club. I personally have no interest in shooting beyond 100yds (if I need meat there’s a super market down the street) others have no interest in shooting a pistol at 50 ft though a 50 ft indoor range is great in January. Some people are really into trap/skeet and not much else For some there is a social aspect to shooting, this sounds like a great club if your friends are members or your local. Price wise sure it cost more than many clubs but in perspective look at what gym memberships cost per month at some of the nicer gyms in the Boston metro west area. Shooting is a fairly expensive hobby compared to jogging so why not do it in a nice place if it’s in your budget and fits what you want to do.

I love shooting in the winter. The colder and snowier the more likely it is that I'll have the range completely to myself.View attachment 786580
Doesn't help though that the days are shorter which limits shooting time at most clubs. Also in MA winter is not simply snowy and cold, it's usually a lot of "36F, rain, winter mix dogshit" but yes the cold is sometimes a win if you can otherwise keep your hands warm.

Doesn't help though that the days are shorter which limits shooting time at most clubs. Also in MA winter is not simply snowy and cold, it's usually a lot of "36F, rain, winter mix dogshit" but yes the cold is sometimes a win if you can otherwise keep your hands warm.
That’s key, warm hands. If you can keep your hands warm and dry, it’s still enjoyable.

Wait, you don't own tactical gloves??

Back
Top Bottom