• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Weston Shooters Club on Ch 7

There's a Bentley dealership in Weston , that's all one needs to know ........... Did a job there years ago , the family had a nanny for the kids. I knew I didn't fit in .......... 😂
I know a family from weston. Saw them at some charity event and they had a new nanny from Poland. An easy 10 on her worst day. I saw them up at lake winnipesaukee a few weeks later and the nanny was in a bikini bouncing around with the kids. When I saw them again around the holidays there was a new nanny…..an old, babushka nanny. I asked the guy where the polish girl went and he just said, “don’t ask. Seriously, please don’t ask again.”

Really? I know Weston is very against commercial growth and anti-business. I would be surprised if there was a dealership there. Are you referring to the Bentley dealer in Wayland? The one that's next to a bunch of other high-end dealerships?
It was FMW then Herb bought it. Went to pure shit after that.
There’s no need to shit on the wealthy. They don’t all suck but many do. IMG_5916.jpeg
This is the other side of the old sign from the Rt27 location before they went crazy. It was a great dealership run by great people.
It was a gift from a group of employees that I had a long time relationship with.
I saw a well known NH gun manufacturing owners Rolls many times. I guess he sucks too according to NES.

Last edited:
Weston is an elitist pay to shoot "club". It's more country club than range. Everything from locker rooms to lobby screams elite money. This is where polaticians who say "I own a gun" go to shoot away from the little people. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to be able to shoot there. Got the chance once when HP took a group of customers there. Loved the idea of vending machines for ammo, but the price WOW.

Their lobby
View attachment 785763
Weston Shooters Club

Something tells me the clubs we all belong too don't look anything like this....

Let's see: a nice club in the Boston area, trying to be more than a bunch of dilapidated sheds in the woods. Must be evil! Let's make fun of people who like to enjoy shooting, cigars and good drinks in nice surroundings and are able to pay for it. It must be the evil capitalists who were able to realize their American Dream and become wealthy enough to afford a $2000/yr club. You all sound like a bunch of commies!

Onto point three: more people die from suicide by gun than from gun violence. almosts at 2:1 rate! But hey, let's make fun of people for trying to help prevent suicides.

IMG_5917.jpeg
Straight off the service mangers wall.
Back when I started there was no leasing or at least not that I was ever aware of. You owned it and paid the guy. 😂

I loved that Turbo R and loved the Blue Ridge Parkway. Sort of like a big heavy living room couch that hauled ass. Sucked up corners in pure comfort.

Last edited:
I for the life of me cannot understand how someone can justify purchasing or even leasing a Bentley. It's literally the same thing as lighting hundreds of thousands of dollars on fire and watching them burn by owning a car with if not the worst, pretty close to the bottom of the barrel for depreciation. I'm not sure what's worse Maserati or Bentley. As soon as those cars get past the warranty end date/mileage they drop to zero pretty fast.
The beauty of America: we don't have to all drive the same damn car, like USSR.

Let's see: a nice club in the Boston area, trying to be more than a bunch of dilapidated sheds in the woods. Must be evil! Let's make fun of people who like to enjoy shooting, cigars and good drinks in nice surroundings and are able to pay for it. It must be the evil capitalists who were able to realize their American Dream and become wealthy enough to afford a $2000/yr club. You all sound like a bunch of commies!

Onto point three: more people die from suicide by gun than from gun violence. almosts at 2:1 rate! But hey, let's make fun of people for trying to help prevent suicides.

I’ve got no problem with spending more for a nicely done club with fancy things. But I will make fun of them for charging $1,200 a year and only offering a 50 foot pistol range and a video game. Niceties can’t make up for that severe gap in price/features.

That’s like spending $6k $15k a year for a golf club membership that only has a chipping and putting green.

Edit: or whatever cost the Weston Pine Brook Country Club charges for dues.

Last edited:
I think they lease them for the same reason someone buys a 10,000 square foot house in Weston. They don’t need all that space (and it’s associated upkeep costs). They buy it to say visually “mine’s bigger”.
The average American house is 2100sq ft. The average house size in Europe is 1000sq ft. We live in biggest houses on the planet and are bitching about someone with a 10000sq ft house! I guess one of the seven deadly sins is on display today: Envy!

The average American house is 2100sq ft. The average house size in Europe is 1000sq ft. We live in biggest houses on the planet and are bitching about someone with a 10000sq ft house! I guess one of the seven deadly sins is on display today: Envy!
No, I seriously don't want a house that big. I grew up in a 6,000 sq ft house. Even if I won Powerball I wouldn't want a house that big. There is only the wife and I. We would be lost in a place that big and have to have staff all the time.

Last edited:
I for the life of me cannot understand how someone can justify purchasing or even leasing a Bentley. It's literally the same thing as lighting hundreds of thousands of dollars on fire and watching them burn by owning a car with if not the worst, pretty close to the bottom of the barrel for depreciation. I'm not sure what's worse Maserati or Bentley. As soon as those cars get past the warranty end date/mileage they drop to zero pretty fast.

You're hurting my feelings here... I was actually thinking of getting a used Bentley Continental GT as my next fun car since I sold the Mas.

because they can

You're hurting my feelings here... I was actually thinking of getting a used Bentley Continental GT as my next fun car since I sold the Mas.
I've never cared for the styling of the Continental GT. I like the styling of some of the sedans, but I've read horror shows about the maintenance cost.

But I will make fun of them for charging $1,200 a year and only offering a 50 foot pistol range and a video game. Niceties can’t make up for that severe gap in price/features.

That’s like spending $6k $15k a year for a golf club membership that only has a chipping and putting green.

Edit: or whatever cost the Weston Pine Brook Country Club charges for dues.
Meh, half the people in Weston make that in less than a day and I think country club dues are closer to 6 figures now. The rich pay these prices because it keeps the poors out. I.E. they aren't paying for a gun range, they are paying for access to a partnered lawyer or ceo that can help them make more money, same as golf.

Meh, half the people in Weston make that in less than a day and I think country club dues are closer to 6 figures now. The rich pay these prices because it keeps the poors out. I.E. they aren't paying for a gun range, they are paying for access to a partnered lawyer or ceo that can help them make more money, same as golf.

I think the country clubs that try to keep poors out have ridiculous 6 figure initiation fees and are invite only, but I bet the yearly dues rarely exceed $50k. The invite only is how the key to keeping out the rif raf.

I have a friend who's a member there so I get to go periodically. Basic targets free. 24/7/365 access. No 'work parties'. Nobody telling you you can't rapid fire or other oppressive rules. Cleaned and maintained facility including restroom with de-leading soap. Nobody telling you have to 'donate' your brass. Parking. Never once saw anybody get up in anyone else's grill when I've been there, or gotten flagged like I have pretty much everywhere else. I've considered joining myself because $100 a month for that isn't unreasonable but the location isn't ideal for me. Do I like my outdoor club? Yep! Would I want a place like that as well? Also, yep.

I have a friend who's a member there so I get to go periodically. Basic targets free. 24/7/365 access. No 'work parties'. Nobody telling you you can't rapid fire or other oppressive rules. Cleaned and maintained facility including restroom with de-leading soap. Nobody telling you have to 'donate' your brass. Parking. Never once saw anybody get up in anyone else's grill when I've been there, or gotten flagged like I have pretty much everywhere else. I've considered joining myself because $100 a month for that isn't unreasonable but the location isn't ideal for me. Do I like my outdoor club? Yep! Would I want a place like that as well? Also, yep.

I get all that, except free targets, at MRA for $170 a year. But I can shoot out to 25 yards indoors and can shoot indoors with a rifle if I want. Oh, and I also get 50, 100, and 200 yard outdoor ranges and clay shooting.

The only thing Weston seems to have is lockers and nicer chairs.

Last edited:
I get all that, except free targets, at MRA for $170 a year. But I can shoot out to 25 yards indoors and can shoot indoors with a rifle if I want. Oh, and I also get 50, 100, and 200 yard outdoor ranges and clay shooting.

The only thing Weston seems to have is lockers and nicer chairs.
That and location. The rent/lease/mortgage for a shooting facility within 20 minutes of downtown Boston is astronomical compared to any equivalent on the 495 belt or further. If you're living around Boston and you want to shoot some handguns then you're probably saving time and gas driving a short distance to WSC rather than making the 45+ minute trek to a full feature range further out.

WSC appeals to a certain type of shooter. That shooter probably isn't most of us and I don't belong there but I get who they're targeting. Time is money and if you're living around Metrowest then you've probably got more money than time.

That and location. The rent/lease/mortgage for a shooting facility within 20 minutes of downtown Boston is astronomical compared to any equivalent on the 495 belt or further. If you're living around Boston and you want to shoot some handguns then you're probably saving time and gas driving a short distance to WSC rather than making the 45+ minute trek to a full feature range further out.

WSC appeals to a certain type of shooter. That shooter probably isn't most of us and I don't belong there but I get who they're targeting. Time is money and if you're living around Metrowest then you've probably got more money than time.

Yeah, but my $170 a year Club is also within 95 and has WAY more features/activities. It’s also in a very old building with way more upkeep needed.

WSC is charging more purely because they can charge their members more. And honesty, Harvard Sportsman’s Club is only 30 minutes from Weston; it’s a wonderful and nicely run club with a huge feature set. Who knows, maybe most WSC members are also HSC members and they go to WSC when they have a spare hour for some shooting.

Come to think of it, I’d probably try and be a member of both HSC and WSC for that very reason if I lived in metro west. But I’d certainly be a squeaky wheel for getting more variety in ranges there if I were a member.

Maybe I’m just lucky to have MRA so close and I can’t see past my own situational bias.

The rich pay these prices because it keeps the poors out. I.E. they aren't paying for a gun range, they are paying for access to a partnered lawyer or ceo that can help them make more money, same as golf.
Or another avenue to get away from their wife and kids, who they probably only see for an hour a two a day, and that's how they want it to be!

Or another avenue to get away from their wife and kids, who they probably only see for an hour a two a day, and that's how they want it to be!

Sad, but probably often true.

Counterpoint though, I try to spend as much time with my kids as I can and don’t have a lot of spare time for hobbies. So I’d pay a premium for a close 24/7 range that I can pop into quickly when I have the time. If WSC was the only place close by? Well, may have to suck it up.

I'm so 1st world the first thing that came to mind after seeing that pic was checking myself for ticks and hoping I got them all off of me.. I f'n hate ticks.

I hate ticks too, it has been a bad year too with all the rain/moisture, I pick off 3 or 4 (just on me or sometimes barely attached) every time I am out in the fields/woods. Can carry some nasty shit too, not just Lyme:

I thought that's what Polish smoke-show nanny's were for? ;)
Yep, they are, and they're a lot of them out there too! Especially the one's from overseas who like to be called au pairs! Swellesley, Weston, Wayland, and Dover are filled with them! But I did once go to a house in Swellesley that had three fat, old, and beastly one's. One for each child, a set of twins and a rugrat under three. The commercial six burner, heavy duty Viking range actually got used by the three of them while the Mother was out at the Country Club, or lunch with the girls, or shopping for herself most of the day! Myself and the guys that I was the manager of, got hit on by at least one Nanny a week or by the starving for male attention, bored wives whose husbands were never home until late at night.

Back
Top Bottom