Westminster R&G closed due to neighbor complaints

nb752Mw.jpg

Considering that the "chief complainer" really doesn't have an issue with the noise, but is looking to make money via a Real Estate deal, I'd probably not focus on the issue of noise. Judging by this guy's website, his business interests, etc. it would appear he's targeting the club for some 1990s zoning infractions, not noise. Some of his issues stem from the proximity of the archery range to residential property - also not a noise issue. The guy is laying a case with photos, facts, drawings, etc. He's very serious about what he's doing, and it would not surprise me if this issue sees a courtroom so he can make a play for the club property.

We had a good meeting at the club tonight, but it's rather alarming. There were reps from other clubs there worried about it happening to them. Obviously, because it can and will if we do nothing. I ask you all to support us by showing up at the Westminster Elementary School by 6:45 on April 20th. You know how this works. Don't give your town any precedent to rely on. Let's flood Westminster to oppose this nonsense. No need to be a resident. We need a show of force. Address listed below.

9 Academy Hill Rd, Westminster, MA 01473

https://www.google.com/maps/place/W...63c1eb2f873615!8m2!3d42.5426219!4d-71.9094744

Not QUITE the same thing, but didn't the MBTA bury significant portions of the commuter rail in a South Shore town???? (Hingham? I forget.)

Same s-word going on in Easton right now. "Oh noes. Don't putz'z the rail'z through our townz'z!" All sorts of fights dealing with the toxic Hockomock Swamp when the reality is they don't want tranquil stuck-up Easton to have to deal with trains pulling the lowly masses from Taunton, Fall River and NB through their town.
Maybe you shouldn't talk about the south coast rail because you have no clue what your talking about

If a Club does stuff that benefits the community, such as allowing the PD to use the facilities, they have to make that known. It's easy for a non-member to drive by a Club, and see all the scary No Trespassing Private Property signs and say, "Screw them!" when John Q. Neighbor says "The Gun Nuts are too loud, we have to do something!" Whether or not the children are involved.

The Club may have the law on its side....but that does not always insulate one from problems.

Let the community in which your Club is located that you're part of it....when you do a camp-out for scouts, or a Hunter Ed course, or let Chief Wiggum and his boys shoot up your target holders, let people know.

If a Club does stuff that benefits the community, such as allowing the PD to use the facilities, they have to make that known. It's easy for a non-member to drive by a Club, and see all the scary No Trespassing Private Property signs and say, "Screw them!" when John Q. Neighbor says "The Gun Nuts are too loud, we have to do something!" Whether or not the children are involved.

The Club may have the law on its side....but that does not always insulate one from problems.

Let the community in which your Club is located that you're part of it....when you do a camp-out for scouts, or a Hunter Ed course, or let Chief Wiggum and his boys shoot up your target holders, let people know.

LOL, based on my experience Chief Wiggum and his boys and girls are DEFINITELY the ones most responsible for shooting up the target frames and based on my observation probably some range roof supports too. However, letting them use a range is an important community service and a hell of a good way to get once-fired brass [smile].

Good luck to Westminster R&G. I'll try to make it on the 20th for support.

Does anyone local have specific info on the proposed development mentioned in the fox article?

I've been looking on the town's website but can't find anything either...I'm sure it will be revealed at the 4/20 meeting. Another local newspaper article here - (the complainant isn't an abutter, he lives on the other side of Minnott Rd....place is a dump too, esp. for someone in the building trades).

http://www.sentinelandenterprise.co...er-gun-club-facing-pressure-over-firing-range

By that reasoning, if you only have one car when you buy your house you can't park another car and/or a boat in the driveway at a later date. Or, if the road in front of your house gets used by a new development, you can't say, "That's too many cars."

Unless there is something in writing stating, "X Club will only allow [insert number here] rounds to be discharged in a calendar year," then it's still in compliance.

It's a Gun Club. Shooting is its purpose. Whether it's one round, or many mag dumps, is not the issue. Being there first should be the only issue

Not going to be able to make it, myself, but I'd opine that any who attend should observe a "business casual" or better dress code, and leave the Realtree at home.

If Fox is covering it, they'll likely send cameras. Optics are everything. Or, nearly so.

Sure. Ok. Will do. Never thought of that . . .

This would be a good chance to put in a plug for the suppressor bills that are currently pending. If anyone gets on a camera, tell them to speed up passage of these into law!

Noise is the problem. Stopping the noise is the solution.

If they don't like that, they are protected by the range law anyhow, so tough.

This would be a good chance to put in a plug for the suppressor bills that are currently pending. If anyone gets on a camera, tell them to speed up passage of these into law!

Noise isn't the problem here, it's a moonbat with a pole up hus backside, that lives near the range that's the problem.

dont forget about the flaming high cap archery clip, lobbed in with a tailwind.

Noise isn't the problem here, it's a moonbat with a pole up hus backside, that lives near the range that's the problem.

I thought that most recent article just said that YES INDEED, NOISE IS THE PROBLEM.

Was I mistaken? Was the article mistaken?

I thought that most recent article just said that YES INDEED, NOISE IS THE PROBLEM.

Noise is simply the excuse being used. The underlying problem is the rectally erected moonbat, plus apparently the greed to build another housing development.

Yeah, but IMHO it's just manufactured excuses to get the range shut down. That's what it looks like if you read between
the lines.

Besides, this "everyone will have a suppressor" stuff is silly. Even if they were legal in MA, and become title 1 items, that's just not happening. It's not realistic to assume that even 20% of the member base at that club would even
buy them. Unless you're going to mandate that they be used at the club for all shooting, which means, the club is closing anyways because the member base will drop off to a point where it's not sustainable.

-Mike

- - - Updated - - -

Noise is simply the excuse being used. The underlying problem is the rectally erected moonbat, plus apparently the greed to build another housing development.

Exactly, this whole thing smells like a swirling cauldron of garbage.

-Mike

He is stating that there could not be the use and frequency now if the club had not illegally altered the club. He is going to try everything.

Though Fortin has lived in his home for nearly 40 years now, he said the firearms use has increased in recent years.

"The last few years have been nothing but constant nonstop noise in our neighborhood and their contention is that they're grandfathered," Fortin said. "My contention is that their grandfathered rights don't protect their substantial extensions and alterations of the club to make it become more of a detriment to the neighborhood."

Fortin also alleged that increased gun use at the club has lowered property values in the surrounding neighborhood and has led to some residents finding bullets in their yard.

"Bullets have been found and shown to the town," he said. "When you hear a neighbor tell a story about their grandchild picking up a bullet off their pool deck -- not a shell, a bullet -- then that's cause for concern."

Read more: http://www.sentinelandenterprise.co...cing-pressure-over-firing-range#ixzz4dgM6tf5J

ETA: Italics suck on small screens. lol.

Last edited:
"My contention is that their grandfathered rights don't protect their substantial extensions and alterations of the club to make it become more of a detriment to the neighborhood."

By that logic it should be illegal to ever put additions onto your house, or pave a gravel driveway, or build a garage or a carport.

**** this guy. Someone needs to take him down and expose his bullshit for the greedy landgrab attempt that it is.

And the bullets come from the range? Reminds me of moon island in Quincy. Neighbors would sneak on next to the range and record it and then play it and tell people they were hearing this at their house. At the end of the day the range is grandfathered and to bad. You knew it was there and now it's a problem?

And the bullets come from the range? Reminds me of moon island in Quincy. Neighbors would sneak on next to the range and record it and then play it and tell people they were hearing this at their house. At the end of the day the range is grandfathered and to bad. You knew it was there and now it's a problem?

Yup, bullets being sprinkled around, etc.

Also I find it amusing to think that they believe the only place the bullets can come from is the club, as if someone could not or would not shoot guns in the woods in Westminster. [rofl]

-Mike

Yup, bullets being sprinkled around, etc.

Also I find it amusing to think that they believe the only place the bullets can come from is the club, as if someone could not or would not shoot guns in the woods in Westminster. [rofl]

-Mike

So aren't these neighbors technically now felons? Possession of ammunition without a license is a crime in this state, after all. Can someone have a cop ready in case this jackass moonbat shows up with the supposed "bullets" he found in his yard? That would just be an awesome application of karma.

This guy has a money stake in getting the range shut down, as sure as sunrise.
Especially since he just got on the planning board , most likely for the purpose of this very thing.
There may be other members as well who stand to benefit seeing as they went along with this very obvious bullshit deal.
Hopefully someone from the club has contacted the NRA.
They have the deeper pockets to get someone to look into it.
These small town gangster wannabe's are never as clever as they think they are.
I still remember the shit show in Amesbury where the whole board of selectmen was in on a shady land deal.
Long story short, the most arrogant dickweasel of the bunch was the one who cracked and ratted everyone else out when the feds told him if they couldn't get him on anything else he would be doing two years guaranteed for perjury.
He sang like a bird and then went home and tried (unsuccessfully ) to hang himself.
I wonder if contacting our new Fed DA would get any action.?

So aren't these neighbors technically now felons? Possession of ammunition without a license is a crime in this state, after all. Can someone have a cop ready in case this jackass moonbat shows up with the supposed "bullets" he found in his yard? That would just be an awesome application of karma.

If anyone has a friend on Westminster PD, please request the PD to attend the meeting in case a non-LTC/FID person brings 'ammo' to exhibit at the meeting. 'Ammo' per the Mass definition...

Back
Top Bottom