Westminster R&G closed due to neighbor complaints

Visit at a few different times of day to check out the traffic patterns, etc.

I'm mostly posting to subscribe to the thread but, on a sidenote, this is very good advice. Buying a house when there is snow on the ground can also carry some risks, depending on the house.

We did a home inspection and the other typical stuff, but I was definitely not aware of the fact that harleys would be ripping balls past my house, right in the middle of second gear, speeding, with the cops focused on a perpendicular road with highway access and zero pedestrian traffic and not giving a shit at all what goes on in front of my house, at all hours of the day and night from May - October. We bought during the winter, and I would have bought the house anyway, but the next time around I am going to stake that shit out on a couple different days and different times.

Last edited:
There's barely half a dozen houses in the area - not a lot of people could possibly be bothered by the noise. What a bunch of whiny crybabies.

The only thing I can think of is one of the few houses in the area rolled because the owner died and some other shitbirds moved in.

The hippy camp isn't really visible from google earth, it was literally hidden in the woods. Not sure if they are still there or not.

The house closest to the club on Knower always had a chain in front of the driveway and I never saw anyone there.

-Mike

If they would make supressors legal, this issue would go away, right?

Assuming that the "noise" complaints are legit and it isn't just some ahole anti pushing this BS.

In this case, no, because 95% of the club members there would be too cheap to buy a can even if they were just title 1 items tomorrow. There's a handful of hardcore shooters that come through there, but the rest are "gotta sight in my (whatever) before (whatever) season" type users.

It's always antis. Antis would still be bitching even if clubs were 100% suppressed.

-Mike

This noise bs approach shut down a lot of atv / dirt bike riding places growing up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think the big problem with that is most of the and was not owned by the riders.... I delt with excessive noise BS growing up riding my bike all over the SS and plymouth/cape area. Also had many noise complaints for the guitar....i would ask the police to get thier decibel meter out. The town actually had a standard and it turned out I could play a lot louder than i was...

If they are like the ZB in my town , it's bunch of arrogant f8cks who think they can get away with anything.
Till they find out different the hard way.
This is the kind of crap you pay NRA dues for.
Nothing like a budget crushing lawsuit to get peoples attention.

The only thing I can think of is one of the few houses in the area rolled because the owner died and some other shitbirds moved in.

The hippy camp isn't really visible from google earth, it was literally hidden in the woods. Not sure if they are still there or not.

The house closest to the club on Knower always had a chain in front of the driveway and I never saw anyone there.

-Mike
Wait, an actual hippie camp? How hard can it be to disperse? We need ten NESers with paintball guns! Or just have someone yell "cops cops cops".

Wait, an actual hippie camp? How hard can it be to disperse? We need ten NESers with paintball guns! Or just have someone yell "cops cops cops".

There was a big tent and a water jug station thing out there, not sure how many of them were there. Granted this was like 10 years ago. I just remember that one woman who accosted me while I was running my .308 off the bench...

-Mike

Who's going to enforce no shooting?? Go shoot. What cop is going go to a gun range and tell armed people they have to stop enjoying their lawful activity??

I vote bring in some big guns, and keep a constant flow of usage.

-Mike

It's not that house that is complaining. It is a house on Minott and not even on the same side of Minott as the club is on Knower. That is about all I'm going to say, other than he is a DB.

There's barely half a dozen houses in the area - not a lot of people could possibly be bothered by the noise. What a bunch of whiny crybabies.

GXOzvLD.png
I'm sure someone has an agenda.

Who's going to enforce no shooting?? Go shoot. What cop is going go to a gun range and tell armed people they have to stop enjoying their lawful activity??

I vote bring in some big guns, and keep a constant flow of usage.

In! I have a lot of 5.56 that wants to be shot. Also a few boxes of .270 just for the volume that comes along with all that extra powder. [rofl]

This is infuriating - ignorant townies overstepping their authority. It's unconscionable and probably illegal to shut down the club pending a hearing. 4/20 is 3 weeks away, and I'm willing to bet that any points made at the hearing will need the town counsel's input which will need to wait for the meeting after that. We're talking months before an actual decision is made, and in the meantime the club is shut down, the members are losing their rights to use the club, and the club may lose members and suffer other financial damages.

I hope they have a lawyer willing to donate some time here:
1) Is the cease-and-desist notice, or whatever notice was given to the club, legally and properly done? If not, resume shooting immediately.
2) Failing that, A strongly worded letter to the zoning enforcement officer with some of the points made here - namely that they do not have the authority to issue such a notice, and offering them 24 hours to rescind the notice before legal action is taken.
3) Failing that, filing for an emergency preliminary injunction against enforcing the notice.

The noise law protection is not absolute if the court wants to apply the bug (but its guns) doctrine.

About 20 +/- years ago, the Dudley Sportsmens Club had a noise dispute that elevated to the level of the opposition hiring a private eye to join the club so he could attend meetings (disclosed at deposition).

Despite being a long standing gun club, the court held the club did not provide proof that it had been in continuous operation every year since the law was put in place, and thus denied protection. It was shut down as the club could not afford an appeal.

They could not prove that they had an active range that had constant use. They did not keep a range log book to prove anything. Also, this happend before the grandfather act for gun ranges was put into place.

They could not prove that they had an active range that had constant use. They did not keep a range log book to prove anything. Also, this happend before the grandfather act for gun ranges was put into place.

Law and the constitution don't matter in Massachusetts where guns are concerned, "because guns." [rolleyes]

Newsletters stating events/matches/match schedules/etc. should be all the proof they need.

That's a BS accusation.

They should already be consulting with an attorney who specializes in zoning issues. IIRC they only have 30 days to file an appeal regarding the order to stop the use.

I'm both a resident and member. We need to support this little club because the person who shut them down has been on a mission to spread their will. Remember the whole fiasco a two years ago where she was forcing the little town store from stopping to sell cigarettes because she felt she could demand it, this is the same moonbat. She lost and has done nothing but go after that store for the dumbest things like air conditioner is to loud. The thing that get's me more is this community is tight and this little place is where the local PD practice. shutting it down does nothing good but force costs on the town to ship them off to another location for training. Personally the gun club has been here for at least 40 years and is in a wooded area. We really could use support!!! April 20th at the elementary school at 6:30 I believe is where this will be addressed.

If they get this little town club it will only be the beginning as I'm sure Leominster, Athol and surrounding towns will follow.

I'm both a resident and member. We need to support this little club because the person who shut them down has been on a mission to spread their will. Remember the whole fiasco a two years ago where she was forcing the little town store from stopping to sell cigarettes because she felt she could demand it, this is the same moonbat. She lost and has done nothing but go after that store for the dumbest things like air conditioner is to loud. The thing that get's me more is this community is tight and this little place is where the local PD practice. shutting it down does nothing good but force costs on the town to ship them off to another location for training. Personally the gun club has been here for at least 40 years and is in a wooded area. We really could use support!!! April 20th at the elementary school at 6:30 I believe is where this will be addressed.

If they get this little town club it will only be the beginning as I'm sure Leominster, Athol and surrounding towns will follow.

It's that same dumb broad?? Jesus cwithe.

-Mike

Yes (easy for a range), and if the range is shut down 61B is the lowest possible tax rate - if it has to be repurposed outside of recreational/forrestry/farm, the property tax goes up. The best alternative contigency plan is a comprehensive permit (40B developement). If the town screws the club, the president can go in and say "we are here to tell you about the low cost housing development and low income people we are bringing to town; it's a 40B so just sit and listen as you do not get a say in the matter").

Re-purpose the land as the Church of Westminsterwelcomesallrefugees.

I don't think chruches pay property tax, do they? Plus you get tons of children for the schools. Add in a minarette so the neighbors can listen to the islamic call to prayer several times a day.

Last edited:

What? That was Andrea Crete and since then she was voted out from her role on the Board of HEALTH. Totally different from the Zoning board of which she is also NOT a member

What? That was Andrea Crete and since then she was voted out from her role on the Board of HEALTH. Totally different from the Zoning board of which she is also NOT a member

Yeah but if she is a resident she can still be causing problems. Those types of people are best described as "Town Hemorrhoids".

-Mike

Back
Top Bottom