Westminster R&G closed due to neighbor complaints

I would enlist an attorney to draft a letter to the Building inspector/zoning board citing the MGL that grandfathers them... Then continue to operate as normal. If they want to shut you down, let them get a court order.

IANAL. [angry]

Who's going to enforce no shooting?? Go shoot. What cop is going go to a gun range and tell armed people they have to stop enjoying their lawful activity??

I vote bring in some big guns, and keep a constant flow of usage.
I like that, you want no shooting, you get more shooting.

I would enlist an attorney to draft a letter to the Building inspector/zoning board citing the MGL that grandfathers them... Then continue to operate as normal. If they want to shut you down, let them get a court order.

IANAL. [angry]

I never would have guessed . . .

Someone may want to look into if there is a developer that has expressed interest in the land as well.
It wouldn't even be close to the first time a ZB has been caught with their hand in the cookie jar.
It's mighty thin that one person bitching that's not even close would be good reason to do what they did considering the many years the club has been in operation.

Second, screw playing nice, if they want to be d-bags then have someone get an estimate of how many units of low income housing could be stuffed onto that land.
See how much they want to play then.

we all know where this is heading...

The club will likely win the noise complaint hearing. The complainant will then contact the EPA for lead/ground water contamination. Club will be shut again for a sort period of time . Club will be forced to spend tens of thousand of dollars to clean up, forced to shoot steel shot, etc etc

The problem is that this one person can outspend the club because he/she is using government money to force the issue, and the club uses it's own to defend

we all know where this is heading...

The club will likely win the noise complaint hearing. The complainant will then contact the EPA for lead/ground water contamination. Club will be shut again for a sort period of time . Club will be forced to spend tens of thousand of dollars to clean up, forced to shoot steel shot, etc etc

The problem is that this one person can outspend the club because he/she is using government money to force the issue, and the club uses it's own to defend

Till that person gets hit with a harassment lawsuit.
It's all fun and games till it's your bank account taking a hit.
Remember what Martha Coakley taught us.
You don't have to win, you just have to bankrupt them.

Last edited:
LOL pure eructating bullshit type stuff on that guys page...

- Use of the unlawfully expanded shooting range directly puts the property and life of persons legally using the abutting land in jeopardy. The path of bullets from firearms discharged from the unlawfully expanded shooting range and unlawful shooting shed directly point at hiking trails located on abutting private property

Pure bullshit claim given that the berm, when you face it from the shooting position, is like 2 stories high.

-Mike

Followed the link.

Ho Lee Fuk, the guy certainly is motivated! [shocked]

One thing to note: the section about the firearms training lists the guns that students may use. All are lawful for hunting in Mass. While many are not ideal....they're all legal for some game, in some zones.

People should start complaining that the noise coming from his house while at the club is disturbing and needs to stop. I am sure several hundred complaints against him while using a lawnmower or chainsaw can effectly put him in the same straights.

"DOES THIS REALLY LOOK LIKE A HUNTING RIFLE???" (From Fortin's archived website).

We need a moonbat emoji.

Good luck to the club. +1 to watch for developer dirty pool.

Shoot the turkey. Kill a neighbor... LOL I love that.

Directly above that pic:

[h=2]The graphic below shows a neighbors house directly behind the archery range. If a bullet is fired at the turkey, it could continue on and kill a neighbor. Bullets have been fired onto abutting property in the past. The Police have been called mutiple times about this but the life safety issue remains.[/h]

Is it possible that this guy actually doesn't know the difference between an arrow and a bullet? I'd love to hear confirmation from the Police that "bullets from the archery range" was an actual complaint.

The more I'm hearing , the more this sounds like someone looking to make a killing on building a development either on the land the club owns or adjoining it .
Seeing as this guy just got on the planning board.
It might be time to contact a good investigative reporter.
In the late 80's the entire board of selectmen in Amesbury ended up under federal indictment over a cute land deal they tried to pull.
It was a reporter who dug up the dirt and got it out.
Don't even bother with Maura's office, 'cuse guns and all.

The more I'm hearing , the more this sounds like someone looking to make a killing on building a development either on the land the club owns or adjoining it .
Seeing as this guy just got on the planning board.
It might be time to contact a good investigative reporter.
In the late 80's the entire board of selectmen in Amesbury ended up under federal indictment over a cute land deal they tried to pull.
It was a reporter who dug up the dirt and got it out.
Don't even bother with Maura's office, 'cuse guns and all.

It's very common for people with a personal agenda get on town boards. Worse than that they move from one board to another pushing their agenda. Most recently I know a guy who now sidesteps the boards and gets elected to discussion or study groups and becomes chairman. He has been doing so for the last 4 years.

It's very common for people with a personal agenda get on town boards. Worse than that they move from one board to another pushing their agenda. Most recently I know a guy who now sidesteps the boards and gets elected to discussion or study groups and becomes chairman. He has been doing so for the last 4 years.

As a somewhat outside observer originally from the South, I see much more of this stuff here than below the Mason Dixon Line. While down yonder it's the good ol' boy network, here it's sneaky, shady deals like what could be happening to Westminster R&G. I live close and the zoning in my town has been completely FUBAR. Developers pretty much get whatever they want. They are somehow able to get property re-zoned to suit their wants then skirt around the rules an average Joe must follow.

Does this Fortin tool have any history of ties to development or land purchase for profit?

- - - Updated - - -

LOL, thanks

As a somewhat outside observer originally from the South, I see much more of this stuff here than below the Mason Dixon Line. While down yonder it's the good ol' boy network, here it's sneaky, shady deals like what could be happening to Westminster R&G. I live close and the zoning in my town has been completely FUBAR. Developers pretty much get whatever they want. They are somehow able to get property re-zoned to suit their wants then skirt around the rules an average Joe must follow.

Does this Fortin tool have any history of ties to development or land purchase for profit?

- - - Updated - - -

LOL, thanks

nelittlehouse.com
nenests.com
mikesbarnplans.com
mjfortin.com

Back
Top Bottom