• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Are Gun Thefts Decreasing Due To "Ghost Guns"?

Are gun thefts decreasing due to availablity of Ghost Guns?

• Yes - they are decreasing

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • No - they are not decreasing

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

Reptile

NES Member
It used to be that for a criminal to get a gun - he would have to do so illegally. Likely by theft.
I don't hear much about gun thefts of late. Why would a criminal want to put his life at risk by stealing a gun?
He can just go out and make his own Ghost Gun. It is still illegal for the criminal to possess a gun - but there is more risk in getting one by theft so the can just make a Ghost Gun. I doubt criminals would go out of their way to steal pre ban mags either due to modern mags being available out of state.

Do you think gun owners will experience less gun theft due to Ghost Guns?

I only have a handgun on my person and in my house. I have a couple other guns in off site secure storage in a secure building.
I don't worry much about burglary of my house because there is not much here.

What is a Ghost gun?
A Proton Blaster
msdghos_ec037_h.jpg

Let's see. Buy a stolen gun for $500 OR. . . . . build one that may or may not work for $500 + effort.

You assume criminals think like normal humans. They don't. They are LAZY.

Here's the thing. Despite Hollywood's fasciation, if you're a brilliant criminal, it is 100X easier to make $ in the real world than to steal it. Drug dealers. Ass-ass-ins. Bank robbers. It never ever pays. Because it isn't in perpetuity. You'll burn through your loot and have to do it again. And it takes SO much effort to do it right the first time.

No criminal looking for a gun is thinking about building one. Taht built Glockable or AR was NOT built by that dude that stuck up the liquor store. He bought it from some enterprising person who is building them. Has a J-O-B. And will always have more $ than him. . . . provided Leroy doesn't dime him out for a lighter sentence. LOL

Criminals are dumb and lazy. Otherwise, police would never catch them.

Let's see. Buy a stolen gun for $500 OR. . . . . build one that may or may not work for $500 + effort.

You assume criminals think like normal humans. They don't. They are LAZY.

Here's the thing. Despite Hollywood's fasciation, if you're a brilliant criminal, it is 100X easier to make $ in the real world than to steal it. Drug dealers. Ass-ass-ins. Bank robbers. It never ever pays. Because it isn't in perpetuity. You'll burn through your loot and have to do it again. And it takes SO much effort to do it right the first time.

No criminal looking for a gun is thinking about building one. Taht built Glockable or AR was NOT built by that dude that stuck up the liquor store. He bought it from some enterprising person who is building them. Has a J-O-B. And will always have more $ than him. . . . provided Leroy doesn't dime him out for a lighter sentence. LOL

Criminals are dumb and lazy. Otherwise, police would never catch them.
Maybe there is a market for illegal guns as Ghost Guns. Rather than breaking into homes to get guns.

I cant quite come up with the proper analogy.

I can just imagine criminals networking with criminal Ghost Gun home builders who market to them.

Another thing to consider is that a criminal really does not want a serialized stolen gun nowadays.

There are better options in this day and age.

I think he'll go out of his way to find a Ghost Gun with no serial number so it wont connect him to a burglary as well.

Again, you're assuming they think of ANY of this. Your garden variety crim is NOT that smart. He is just thinking about his next score or hit or whatever. Serial #??? The only thing taht would attract a homie to a ghost gun is the cool stuff you could drop on a P80. One of them cheap cut-out slides or a cool color. Otherwise, who cares?

If they had a brain, they'd have a job.

Back
Top Bottom