Westminster R&G closed due to neighbor complaints

Al, hopefully you saw this info or were aware of it. It was in post #550

Just trying to make sure you are well armed for the meeting. Fingers crossed.

ETA:Thanks jtnf for the info

Interesting how most of the links are broken.

Rabbit hole:
Distance from club to "Newton Road":
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/New...867adbda29a47a!2m2!1d-71.9360381!2d42.5242795

Public meeting notice about the development of a 48 acre plot at Newton Road:
http://www.westminster-ma.gov/sites...das/02-14-2017_newton_road_public_hearing.pdf
This public meeting notice lists the developer as Westhub Realty Trust, at address 525 Lindell Ave in Leominster.

Here's the tie to Bruce Fortin, and proof that he owns the 48 acres on Newton Road:
"FORTIN BRUCE A TRUSTEE TAX TIT%DAVID R MURPHY525 LINDELL AVE"
https://mrmapper.mrpc.org/webapps16/westminster-public/prcs/244.pdf
I need to dig deeper into this document and into the David R Murphy tie in.

Still working on family ties. I'll update this post as I learn more.

--Edit, Bruce and Micheal are brothers:
http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/bostonglobe/obituary.aspx?pid=184432045
Bruce's wife Karen, in Westminster:
http://www.whitepages.com/name/Karen-Fortin/MA

--Edit, Bruces' likely partner in the Newton Road development:
https://www.houzz.com/pro/murph88/david-r-murphy-renovations

--Edit, the Gilford NH house
http://www.gilfordnh.org/assets/municipal/6/Assessment2012_byOwner_1355769536.pdf
Googling the address turns up another construction company, "Northeast Cedar Homes"

--Edit, proof that Mike participated in PB meetings with Westhub Realty Trust, aka his brother:
http://www.westminster-ma.gov/sites...s/planning_board_minutes_february_14_2017.pdf

--Edit, an interesting one. Participants in the continued public hearing discussing noise from Westminster R&G:
http://www.westminster-ma.gov/sites...utes/planning_board_minutes_april_11_2017.pdf

Also interesting in this one is another sporting club, "Lovewell Pond Sporting Pond Inc." insisted that the developer not advertise pond access as a perk of residence in Bruces' new development.

--Edit, apparently a development at this location has been in the works since at least 2007. Here's a 2013 meeting with two items of interest, 1) The Fortin Brothers' development shenanigans, and 2) a three megawatt solar proposal made by the same engineers doing the Fortinis' development.
How much fun would it be to learn that the Newton Road development only gained traction after the Fortins' became financially involved? Brother as a sudden silent partner and Mikey influencing the direction of the PB? (Pure speculation of course, but major league shenanigans that would be criminally actionable.)

This post should have the working links, my bad.

1: Do they even have the authority to close the club ?

2: sanctions and reparations from town and individuals to make the club and members whole.

I didn't read or get into the PB minutes but there is no way this guy should have been involved in anyway shape or form as a PB member. He should have recused himself.

I've had a PB member that recused himself because he was a member of the same gun club as I. Of course when the eyeballs were raised on why I just said we were brothers from different mothers. No need to say "gunz" in a public meeting.
Had another PB member recuse himself because he worked for my boss as a lawyer years back.

In case this doesn't go the right way, here are some nice features of the 40B I'm thinking about:

Westminster 40B Proposal

Primary features:
- 2, 3, and 4 bedroom subsidized rental units. This family-friendly development is needed to address the needs of larger low-income families in this portion of the state. Many children will benefit from attending the Westminster schools.
- On-site daycare / preschool. This will entice more families to locate here so that parents can work, and the children can be prepared to enter the public school system. Dover amendment overrides local zoning here.
- DCF Emergency Housing - Department of Children and Family Services typically houses families in motels around the state on an emergency basis. This costs the state a huge amount of money. Purpose-built DCF emergency housing will ease the state burden of housing these families.
- DCF Emergency Housing Van Pickup/Dropoff Area - Families housed in DCF emergency housing are entitled to either enroll in the local school district, or they may choose to be transported back to their original school district. The cost of the transportation must be paid in part by the Town of Westminster.
- On-site social workers, mental health services, and opioid treatment facilities.
- The site will be environmentally friendly: large wind turbines will be installed to provide wind power. Tree removal up to the property line will be necessary for solar installation. Large diesel generators will provide backup power.

In case this doesn't go the right way, here are some nice features of the 40B I'm thinking about:

Westminster 40B Proposal

Primary features:
- 2, 3, and 4 bedroom subsidized rental units. This family-friendly development is needed to address the needs of larger low-income families in this portion of the state. Many children will benefit from attending the Westminster schools.
- On-site daycare / preschool. This will entice more families to locate here so that parents can work, and the children can be prepared to enter the public school system. Dover amendment overrides local zoning here.
- DCF Emergency Housing - Department of Children and Family Services typically houses families in motels around the state on an emergency basis. This costs the state a huge amount of money. Purpose-built DCF emergency housing will ease the state burden of housing these families.
- DCF Emergency Housing Van Pickup/Dropoff Area - Families housed in DCF emergency housing are entitled to either enroll in the local school district, or they may choose to be transported back to their original school district. The cost of the transportation must be paid in part by the Town of Westminster.
- On-site social workers, mental health services, and opioid treatment facilities.
- The site will be environmentally friendly: large wind turbines will be installed to provide wind power. Tree removal up to the property line will be necessary for solar installation. Large diesel generators will provide backup power.

I thank you for your dedication to helping the low income residents of this state! [rofl]

I thank you for your dedication to helping the low income residents of this state! [rofl]
Might as well make sure a few first floor units are handicapped accessible for special needs (ie, Individual Education Plan) children, and bilingual signage to make the undocumented feel welcome.

Might as well make sure a few first floor units are handicapped accessible for special needs (ie, Individual Education Plan) children, and bilingual signage to make the undocumented feel welcome.

Oh yes, the town will need an extensive ELS program. And get rid of those 2 bedroom units and put in more 3 and 4. This will give you a huge increase in kids attending the local schools. It's for the children.

Oh yes, the town will need an extensive ELS program. And get rid of those 2 bedroom units and put in more 3 and 4. This will give you a huge increase in kids attending the local schools. It's for the children.

Don't forget about bringing in the Syrian refugees!

It's a shame that with all the views this thread has had that the go-fund me goal of $10,000.00 for the club has not been reached and it's not even halfway there. It's only at $3641.00

They're being over charged.

I thought so until I read this update:

"I want to take a moment to let everyone know how much we appreciate the support that you have been providing.

This past weekend, we paid one of our lawyer's bills which prompted me to ask our treasurer "how much have we spent so far"? Since August 2016 have spent just a few dollars short of $8,000 defending our club from this incident and one prior.

There is NO question about it, without your help we would have already been in much deeper trouble.

Thank you so much!
Westminster Rod & Gun Club
Officers, Directors & Members."

Apparently this includes a legal bill from last August.

Better yet, put in two bedroom units with a den. The den doesn't count as a bedroom, but you can be sure it will be used as one.

Public comments are not allowed.
Three board members have to vote.
Two members are steadfast for the club. One member, the chairman, is clearly against the club.
Unfortunately the town lawyer said they need to be unanimous.

More of the same. Chairman really trying hard to shove his view down the other members' throats. They're holding steadfast though.

Back
Top Bottom