Westford Sportsmen's Club

Let me start by saying this is going to be a total noob question.

OK then

I just started working in Westford and discovered the Westford Sportsmen's Club. Their web page states.

Trap:
Members and non-members are welcomed. Cost per standard and handicap round (25 shots) are $3.00 for members and non-members, Juniors (17 and under) are $2.00 per round. Doubles (50 shots) are $6.00 for members and non-members.

Having never shot clays at all am I correct in that for a round of doubles 50 clays it's only going to cost me 6 bucks? So if I show up with a shotti and ammo they supply the clays and operate the trap?

Bring your own ammo, Trap loads, in case there is none available (not all clubs have it).

Come at the beginning of the "advertised hours", bring small bills (so that they don't have to make change) and PLEASE tell them that you've never shot clays. No one will look down on you, and all will be happy to help. Also, get a few rounds of singles (16 yd) under your belt before you do the doubles.

Most Trapezoids use a full coke, IC is not going to work well. Good shooting!

Bring your own ammo, Trap loads, in case there is none available (not all clubs have it).

Come at the beginning of the "advertised hours", bring small bills (so that they don't have to make change) and PLEASE tell them that you've never shot clays. No one will look down on you, and all will be happy to help. Also, get a few rounds of singles (16 yd) under your belt before you do the doubles.

Most Trapezoids use a full coke, IC is not going to work well. Good shooting!

At our club when we have a new shooter go out someone goes with them. If they offer take adavantage of it. The first couple of shots they're making sure you know the rules of safety and won;t harm yourself or others. Then they can offer suggestions or pointers. Makes it more enjoyable and can break bad habits before they start.

You're in for a Wonderful, crazy, fun, expensive, and all consuming ride. Keep the safety bar closed til the ride has come to a complete stop and enjoy it!

Back
Top Bottom