Went to pick up some parts..

daltrey99

NES Member
I went to the post office to pick up some parts that I ordered. I had to pick them up due to a signature being required. The post office clerk was looking at the package and saw that it said "historical parts" She said to me 'What kind of historical parts are these". I plainly said rifle parts. She was very interested and asked what kind of rifle. I told her it was for my 1944 German G43 build that I am doing. To my suprise she was very interested and asked about different rifles from WW2. We talked for a few minutes and it was really cool that she had an interest in the subject matter. It was nice to actually carry on a conversation like that. It is too often that you run into some anti around here that always has something bad to say.

Best part besides the interest and nice conversation is that the person is a she. That is awesome to see more and more women take an active interest in firearms and historical firearms at that. Did you get a phone number?

Best part besides the interest and nice conversation is that the person is a she. That is awesome to see more and more women take an active interest in firearms and historical firearms at that. Did you get a phone number?

Ha ha no phone number. I dont think my wife would approve of that.

You should offer to take her to your range and bring out the old battle-iron to show here. Don't let an opportunity like that go to waste.

I've mailed a number of rifles through the Peabody Post Office. It's surprising how many are interested in Garands.

I guess I'm the only one that would have said none of your business...

I know what you mean. But, everyone in the post office here is pretty friendly. I am sure it was just a gesture to make conversation. It turned out rather well and was an interesting conversation. I never mind talking about stuff like that.

Back
Top Bottom