Well, post some military pics.

The good 'ole days when I was in shape.

bootcamp.jpg

Yes we where. I was over RI in Thurs. Friday and Saturday. We head up there to pratice our dust landings.

You guys must use the desert, the big sand pits next to I-95....I live about two miles from there, we enjoy seeing you fly around then, too!

gotta love those generic "pull overs" Class A's, then - to add insult to injury, they take the pic BEFORE you even ship to BCT

*that's what they did in Ft. Jackson, SC back in 1995 anyway [laugh]

gotta love those generic "pull overs" Class A's, then - to add insult to injury, they take the pic BEFORE you even ship to BCT

*that's what they did in Ft. Jackson, SC back in 1995 anyway [laugh]

Ours weren't even pull-overs. It had no back to it and only went down a little above your belly button. So you would just slide your arms into it and then they put your tag on. I went to BCT and all I got was this crumby picture[rofl]

im pretty sure all the new photos taken in basic now have the soldiers wereing ACUs. everyone with me in leonardwood in 2004 wore BDUs, and all the photos ive seen since are all ACUs. im not sure when they stopped taking photos with Class A's on for the basic photos.

The army is going away from Class A uniform as of 2010. Dress Blue Uniform will be only dress uniform issued. That MIGHT BE why they did it ??

M4gery....

me.jpg

i figured i'd post this with all the M4 threads latley....

this was a Mattel (sp) or Colt M4, back in 2001, telescoping butt-stock, rails, HOOAH sling, HOOAH magazine pouch, Flat top upper w/ removable carry-hadle, flash hider or whatever is cool and stud [rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

the best part about this pic is I'd sent it to all my chic-girls and buddies at the time and forgot to put my rank on! [laugh]

this is of me doing my job.... this little girl had some type of growth that was starting to become infected...
me2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's another pic I found. I might of posted it somewhere else here. Operation Tandem Thrust. 1997. Gladstone, Austrailia. Best 2 month vacation ever. I'm on back ramp of ship getting ready to guard the compound of hostile kangaroos.

scan0005.jpg

heres another pic with the M113A3. fun day in the dirt!
Jay, im sure you recognize Bondsteel in the backround. although its much larger now then it was when you were there.

remember Pristina? heres another dirty day in the capitol.
this was December 2006.

Pristina was wild... we flew outta there because the runway in Macedonia was cracked after an earthquake.

oh and your chin strap was undone [rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

Me as a BOOT
boot.jpg

This is my sqaud in South Korea near the DMZ. I am second from the right
mysquad.jpg

Me and my crew enjoying a few cold ones. I am top left
clowningaround.jpg

Me on the USS Belleau Wood
onship.jpg

Sun setting on the south pacific
southpacific-1.jpg

And me in HONG KONG
hongkong.jpg

hardcoreforlife.jpg

[iwojima]

Attachments

• my squad.jpg
    my squad.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 9
K1MIZ/USMC0311,
Nice pictures!

The orient was the one corner of the world I never deployed to.

What unit were you with?

My pics are buried in the attic. Pilgrim, I had the same look coming out of basic in '67. It was an automatic babe replelant. My avatar is from the Internet, but it is a picture of one of the planes I flew in while in Nam.

Thanks P.. yeah... i had the points and EPPS 3 years in a row... but just not a slot to fill... its ok.. it just nice to say i never have to be on the KP roster again!

Thanks P.. yeah... i had the points and EPPS 3 years in a row... but just not a slot to fill... its ok.. it just nice to say i never have to be on the KP roster again!

option 1 or 2? [laugh]

gotta take option 4 to get promoted.... unit loyalty is overated. with each move, comes a new challenge [smile]

the goal is to leave unit better than you found it.

ok, off my soap box now...

Back
Top Bottom