• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Well, post some military pics.

I posted this somewhere before but can't find it.

Believe it or not, I'm 21 years old here in basic training 1967. I was called 'the ultimate weapon':

Web%20denbasicpicture.jpg

Pilgrim, you look SO innocent...[grin]

I'm showing my age. Anyway, before the modern age of digital cameras..........

I'm the one second from the right in the second row of recruits (next to the big guy).
plt_3050.jpg

This about early '91 on an exercise somewhere in the Omani desert just before Desert Shield became Desert Storm.
jarhead1.jpg

jarhead3.jpg

I got out in late '93.

Last edited:
This is something I found in an old shoe box today. I remember the day, I had just won some money at poker and blackjack, and before I reported back to my home unit.

This is my ID card from my Division Newspaper

NESicon-1.jpg

We were "lucky" enough to have a photographer along for most of my BCT... some good pics in here if anyone is interested in what happens in a "modern" Army BCT.

http://www.xwarzone.com/gallery2/v/dave/bct/

Fort Knox, January to March of 2007.

A semi-crappy picture from my AIT showing off the tower simulator that we used:

ETOS+005.JPG

Last edited:
Some more from my buddies who are over in Iraq right now...

Kuwait1.jpg

Living quarters in Kuwait - Staging area for all Iraq deployments
Kuwait2.jpg

Kuwait3.jpg

Starbucks! There is a Taco Bell, too...
Kuwait4.jpg

One of my good friends.
Mosul1.jpg

Control Tower in Mosul that one platoon works out of.
Mosul2.jpg

CHU living conditions - 2 soldiers per. Hardwired internet/TV
Mosul3.jpg

UH-60 on the tarmac
Mosul4.jpg

AH-64 departing

remember your first morning coming out of the hooch in Kuwait? It was looking right at a welder, then when you staggered back into the hooch to fing your eyepro, your totally blind, tripped over everyone on the way back to where you thought your rack was, only to find it isnt. The only thing worse was when the damn generator broke down. it went from refridgerator to oven in 5 minutes.
buhering was the suck.

Here is a picture that I took of the Provost Marshall's secretary Danielle out on NEO Alert maneuvers
somewhere in the French wilderness. It was a tough life, but someone had to do it! [smile]

Damn, she's probably in her late 60's now but she's French so she probably held up pretty good.

ProvostMarshallSecretary03a.jpg

Last edited:
Some pics of me in the sand box.

Attachments

• iraq 107.jpg
    iraq 107.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 163
  • x18 014.jpg
    x18 014.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 139
  • Iraq Nov 04 006.jpg
    Iraq Nov 04 006.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 140
  • 5amigos.jpg
    5amigos.jpg
    174.3 KB · Views: 137
  • badboyz.jpg
    badboyz.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 145
This has to be my favorite thread!

Thanks for all the great pictures.....Keep them coming!

I have an unexplainable amount of appreciation for all soldiers, the very least I can say is Thank you for serving.

This is a picture taken in East Berlin in 1985, looking West through the Brandenburg gate. I was in 3-7 Cav, patrolling the E/W German border, and the Squadron's officers made a trip to Berlin every year or two to photograph the Soviet military equipment during their parades. That's the East German flag you see.

The white wall seen behind the gate was Die Mauer - The Wall.

berlin85.jpg

Last edited:
Happiness is...

...being young, carrying a machinegun, and having lots of ammo!

Brazil, November 1990.

506665.jpg
SAW Gunner Automatic Rifleman.jpg

Last edited:
sweet.
i wish the SAWs i used were like yours and didnt have the top plastic heat shield on it. ive seen 10-15 SAWs damaged from them melting and ruining other parts of the weapon.

sweet.
i wish the SAWs i used were like yours and didnt have the top plastic heat shield on it. ive seen 10-15 SAWs damaged from them melting and ruining other parts of the weapon.

That was one "AWESOME" SAW! It ran like a sewing machine. Hot or cold, clean or dirty, with blanks or live rounds, through magazines or with linked belts. In addition, it never ran away!

There is a military axiom that states; never initiate and ambush with an open-bolt weapon. This weapon was the exception. It went BANG every time. (I mean BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG, BANG!!!)

M- 249 SAW, S/N: 005512, Rack # 15 – Will always be a fond memory!

This weapon made being an Automatic Rifleman a delight!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom