Well it's happening.

Unfortunately most shooting clubs require you to be a member.

Not most but many. But I know plenty of people (myself included) who won't join a club that requires you to be a join another club in order to be a member of their club.

The ones hurt most will be Wayne and the politicians whose pockets will no longer be padded by millions of $$

Fear mongering is the basis for 95% of their ad campaigns.

The problem is there's plenty of stuff gun owners SHOULD fear, but the NRA is nearly always talking about shit that doesn't actually matter. They've been harping about the UN GUN BAN!!!!!!" meanwhile shitberg and co have been sulking around pushing ERPO, UBC, and trying to shut down gun ranges..... all three of which, are more realistic, more imminent problems. I mean are the majority of NRA members really THAT soft in the head?

ETA: 9 out of 10 times whenever the NRA acts I see "more interested in self preservation than in actually doing something" in its actions. Bad thing happens- first thing NRA does is roll over and lick the ballbag of the enemy, etc, acting defeated, and so on. What kind of BS is that? After parkland They are petting ERPO and stuff and a bunch of other soft BS, and it got us nothing, instead of basically putting these f***ers on blast and saying "Stop trying to exploit dead children for political gain, you shit eating f***ers.... So lets get this straight, all you a**h***s want to f*** with the rights of millions of americans that didn't do anything, because of the actions of a handful of people?" etc. Hell I'd accept 10% of that as a good place to start. It's clear that the soft-sell BS they do is not working and in some cases I think is even damaging. Even if you think the "soft sell" is the right way, too, they really suck at that, too. The NRA needs to grow a set or just get the f*** out of the way. The "clem suspenders faux news archetype" largely running it is not helping the other 95% of gun owners.

-Mike

Last edited:
As a loyal NRA supporter, who has given thousands to the cause, I told them that North made the accusation, it can't be ignored. A full fiscal accounting must take place. Following that the fate of LaPierre and others should be clear. If there are issues yes his time would be up but I want to see the fiscal report first. In any event the NRA must go on until a more powerful organization can take their place and I'm not sure that is possible. We must really be mindful. I also joined G.O.A. this week so I'm NRA proud, G.O.A.L. and G.O.A. and a 2A Soldier, albeit an aging one.

Wow, The voice of reason. Time will tell if they do the right thing and do the audit.

I read on another forum that only about 150,000 ballots were cast for the NRA board of directors. If that is true with the amount of total NRA eligible voting members then that is very sad.

They may be hurting financially because they have to pay out so much but aren’t taking in much money right now, but that can be easily fixed by trimming the fat. (Preferably with LaPierre, Cox and Hammer).

Legit question. What do you think would happen if the NRA was no more? Would that create room for a leaner, more focused lobby group or would that mean the end of powerful 2A lobby groups?

I've always been on the fence about donating to them. In one hand, I can see that having an organized and dedicated lobbyist for 2A rights makes sense. On the other, all the recent news about gross mismanagement of funds makes me think that donations aren't being spent as best they could to fight the good fight. I don't want to line a millionaire's pocket under the guise that he's doing everything he can for the cause when all he's doing is furthering his own.
My hope would be that organizations that refuse to allow the chipping away of the 2nd A would fill the void, such as the GOA nationally, and Comm2A and GOAL at the state level.

My hope would be that organizations that refuse to allow the chipping away of the 2nd A would fill the void, such as the GOA nationally, and Comm2A and GOAL at the state level.
We must control the human instinct of gang mentality. There is no greater 2A power in America than the NRA at the moment, it simply must survive. We must also get our heads around the fact that no NRA also means it then affects our own Comm2A and GOAL as they themselves will tell you the NRA has helped them, and us, greatly. As I have already stated of course the NRA should address North's, and others, accusations. If the NRA can be made stronger, and better, I'm all for that. But in the meantine we can't just burn the house down with no other real place to live.

We must control the human instinct of gang mentality. There is no greater 2A power in America than the NRA at the moment, it simply must survive. We must also get our heads around the fact that no NRA also means it then affects our own Comm2A and GOAL as they themselves will tell you the NRA has helped them, and us, greatly. As I have already stated of course the NRA should address North's, and others, accusations. If the NRA can be made stronger, and better, I'm all for that. But in the meantine we can't just burn the house down with no other real place to live.

Your not wrong about a lot of that , but no matter how much you love your guard dog, how many times are you going to let the sob bite you before you get rid of him ?
The organization could be saved by a change of leadership and get back to fighting for our rights instead of bargaining them away as they have been doing of late.
It's unfortunate though that it appears Wayne and company are going to ride it right to the ground like Slim Pickens on a nuclear bomb.

Cut off the head of the snake and I'll rejoin. Yes they serve(d) a purpose but raping the bank account to line their pockets isn't part of the deal.

GOA, GOAL, GOME, SAM and MAGR get my dollars. Comm 2A gets Amazon Smile.

As a loyal NRA supporter, who has given thousands to the cause, I told them that North made the accusation, it can't be ignored. A full fiscal accounting must take place. Following that the fate of LaPierre and others should be clear. If there are issues yes his time would be up but I want to see the fiscal report first. In any event the NRA must go on until a more powerful organization can take their place and I'm not sure that is possible. We must really be mindful. I also joined G.O.A. this week so I'm NRA proud, G.O.A.L. and G.O.A. and a 2A Soldier, albeit an aging one.

They do have a financial statement audit every year. RSM does it and their tax work. What we don’t get to see is their rep letter. That’s where the juicy stuff is, and I guarantee there’s a comment about AckMac in there.

Unfortunately, RSM is probably going to be forced out because of the optics of this whole mess.

Back
Top Bottom