• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

It's OK for illegal's to have guns in Cali you Americans not so much

My kids are screwed. I can’t believe anyone could view this as an option, but somewhere there’s a group who voted this was a good idea unanimously? We are circling the drain.

My kids are screwed. I can’t believe anyone could view this as an option, but somewhere there’s a group who voted this was a good idea unanimously? We are circling the drain.
Well... see when you drive all the cops who give a shit about the community away replace them with illegals and promise them citizenship... you get your own army

The good news is it will lead to the end of organized policing

The bad news is that probably paves the path for dhs to become local leos

Well... see when you drive all the cops who give a shit about the community away replace them with illegals and promise them citizenship... you get your own army

The good news is it will lead to the end of organized policing

The bad news is that probably paves the path for dhs to become local leos
Exactly

This is more of a “state power” and “reward the kings men” thing than anything else. It’s not like the king’s men who were born in the US are being treated differently.

But seriously, why should an arbitrary line on the ground change rights?

On Tuesday, Moore said the Los Angeles Board of Police Commissioners "unanimously approved" the outline of a policy that would allow DACA recipients the capacity to carry a firearm off the job, which has been largely prohibited by law because DACA recipients are not United States citizens.
Stupid article is stupid. You do NOT need to be a US citizen to legally keep and bear arms. I know plenty of green card holders with LTCs.

Stupid article is stupid. You do NOT need to be a US citizen to legally keep and bear arms. I know plenty of green card holders with LTCs.
Sshhhh...

Don't give them any ideas. Soon they'll start talking about it as a right, endowed upon all men by their creator. Then, what'll we do?

Last edited:
But DACA are still illegal aliens, not green card.
Those here on a legal immigration visa, even without a green card yet, can possess and carry firearms. Legal visitors on tourist or other non-immigration visas may not legally possess firearms. This includes those on work visas. My daughter's husband cannot possess firearms until he gets an immigration visa. (Of course, who is going to tell if one is shooting on private property?)

Last edited:
This is more of a “state power” and “reward the kings men” thing than anything else. It’s not like the king’s men who were born in the US are being treated differently.

But seriously, why should an arbitrary line on the ground change rights?
If you are in the US legally then you should be afforded all of the rights detailed in the constitution.

If you aren't in the US legally then your rights end at a safe and quick trip back across the border.

That article tries to hide the fact that DACA = admission of illegally entering or remaining in the US.

If you are in the US legally then you should be afforded all of the rights detailed in the constitution.

If you aren't in the US legally then your rights end at a safe and quick trip back across the border.

That article tries to hide the fact that DACA = admission of illegally entering or remaining in the US.

You’re ignoring that DACA = recognition of special circumstances.

You’re ignoring that DACA = recognition of special circumstances.
Not forgetting anything.
They are here illegally
If we, as a people, want to compassionately recognize the shitty position their parents put them in then give them a green card and let them get on the path to citizenship.

DACA creates a population of 3/5ths people that we spilled a shit ton of blood to fix a long time ago and we shouldn't be revisiting that shit.

Not forgetting anything.
They are here illegally
If we, as a people, want to compassionately recognize the shitty position their parents put them in then give them a green card and let them get on the path to citizenship.

DACA creates a population of 3/5ths people that we spilled a shit ton of blood to fix a long time ago and we shouldn't be revisiting that shit.

I agree. DACA didn't go far enough, and that's a problem. Give them actual citizenship, or at least green cards.

That's a very different position than, "iLleGalS GeT mOre GuN riGhts thAN aMEricAns!!11!!ELEVEN!" (the tone of the orginal post, as I inferred)

I agree. DACA didn't go far enough, and that's a problem. Give them actual citizenship, or at least green cards.

That's a very different position than, "iLleGalS GeT mOre GuN riGhts thAN aMEricAns!!11!!ELEVEN!" (the tone of the orginal post, as I inferred)
I would disagree
The citizens of the US didn't cause their pain and therefore shouldn't be compelled to correct the wrong.
The most they should get is a green card that allows a path to citizenship.
Also, anyone who came over the age of ten should not have been eligible.

It took my wife and her family over a decade to come to the US legally - those that jump the line shouldn't get special treatment.

I would disagree
The citizens of the US didn't cause their pain and therefore shouldn't be compelled to correct the wrong.
The most they should get is a green card that allows a path to citizenship.
Also, anyone who came over the age of ten should not have been eligible.

It took my wife and her family over a decade to come to the US legally - those that jump the line shouldn't get special treatment.
A friend of ours in Nashville was caught up in the wars between Eritrea and Ethiopia. PhD, hard working, solid guy. On top of that, he had been brutally tortured by the enemy in part because his wife was from the opposing country but primarily because he was Christian. He did get a green card and was working for a few years in the US, yet when he attempted to get his citizenship it was very difficult. Several of his friends and coworkers attended his hearing 3 hours away in Memphis. I think of him and other friends with similar immigration paths in contrast to the un-vetted illegals pouring over the border.

Back
Top Bottom