Weapons found in Marine's baggage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by SA John
If he lands in Massachusetts he is in Massachusetts and is under our law. Go to jail like any other criminal. Sane adults do not carry bomb making junk around with them. This guy should be fried.

Do you think for one single solitary moment that they would have dropped the gun and ammo charges and released the guy on $2500.00 bail if they thought he was really a danger to anyone?

And you keep avoiding the fact that the gun and ammunition were checked in legally, and the "bomb making junk" were model rocket motors. Why is that? Why are you so anxious to hang this guy?

Answer!
Because he wasn't a Kennedy or a Kerry or Harvard aristocrap!

Wow. Just, wow. This kid is screwed over a stupid mistake and irresponsible reporting. Regardless of what happens here in MA, his command is going to crush him for this. What a waste of a good Marine.

Then his command is no better than the turds at the Globe, the TSA and the arrogant prosecutor who is desperately trying to cover his ass at this point.

Then his command is no better than the turds at the Globe, the TSA and the arrogant prosecutor who is desperately trying to cover his ass at this point.

I agree. That's just how things tend to work in the military, at least based on my direct personal experience. Some full bird is going to wonder why some captain didn't make sure that some lieutenant supervised some gunny while he was advising this corporal on how to properly transport such items. Office hours (at a minimum) against the corporal would be used to preemptively assuage such curiosity from the full bird. CYOA is the name of the game for those with shiny collars.

EDIT: Actually, I think it would be more accurate to say CYOA is the name of the game for lifers trying to protect their careers. Like someone mentioned earlier in the thread, things get very political at the higher paygrades.

Last edited:
I agree. That's just how things tend to work in the military, at least based on my direct personal experience. Some full bird is going to wonder why some captain didn't make sure that some lieutenant supervised some gunny while he was advising this corporal on how to properly transport such items. Office hours (at a minimum) against the corporal would be used to preemptively assuage such curiosity from the full bird. CYOA is the name of the game for those with shiny collars.

You know, I fully expect that in the Navy and Army where people can come in with commissions from either one of the academies or based on education, or be lined up for OCS right after basic, etc. But correct me if I am wrong here, but in the corp you have to start from the bottom, right? No officer can be so without going through OCS in quantico and they can't go there until they have had time in, right? So the commandant scrubbed toilets at one point like the rest of you, right?

If so, how could that CYA attitude become pervasive in a place where you all share being that lowly jar head at the very bottom tasked with the shit jobs? Where you don't get to come in and be "better" than others before that first wakeup just because.

ETA: I just saw your edit. That makes a little more sense.

If John Kerry's child was a non-commissioned officer in the United States Marine Corps and qualified MOUT instructor, . . .

. . . if this was John Kerry or Ted Kennedy's child instead of a Marine?" . . .

I will not apologize for defending a fellow Marine.

And contrarywise, if J Kerry's child intentionally committed a crime, the reaction here at NES would likely be the same as for a person that happens to be a Marine, intentionally committing the same crime. There might be a little gnashing as well, but not many supported the idiot that swiped a fake silencer from some shop in the area, for example. (eta: not to imply that idiot was a Marine)

I am not a Marine, but I know several and I know the kind of men they are, and I'm proud of them.

This Marine we're talking about is being prosecuted for something would never have happened if an idiot TSA agent had done his job.

All it would have taken would be: "Sir, you can't have model rocket motors (etc) in your baggage. You have to throw them away or leave."

No problem, no crime, no idiotic comparison of Kerryspawn with Marines.

You know, I fully expect that in the Navy and Army where people can come in with commissions from either one of the academies or based on education, or be lined up for OCS right after basic, etc. But correct me if I am wrong here, but in the corp you have to start from the bottom, right? No officer can be so without going through OCS in quantico and they can't go there until they have had time in, right? So the commandant scrubbed toilets at one point like the rest of you, right?

If so, how could that CYA attitude become pervasive in a place where you all share being that lowly jar head at the very bottom tasked with the shit jobs? Where you don't get to come in and be "better" than others before that first wakeup just because.

Officers can come into the Marine Corps via a service acadamy or ROTC.

replied via pm to avoid thread drift.

SA John,

As I stated in my reputation comment:
I DID read every post in this thread. You are wrong and you persisted in being wrong even after you were corrected. RichM.

Kindly catch up in the thread before you take a dump in it.

... and BTW, IMO the man in question does deserve some additional latitude JUST BECAUSE HE WEARS THE UNIFORM OF OUR COUNTRY. Until he proves himself to be an idiot, I will always give a serviceman an extra point or two on the good side because he had the intestinal fortitude to stand up, raise his right hand, and swear "to protect and defend the constitution of the United States against all enemies..." That will always deserve extra credit in my book, regardless of which of our service uniforms he wears!

SA John, if you feel that I deserve negative reputation from you in reply, I've got broad shoulders. I'll wear your scorn proudly.

... Can you tell that he touched a nerve or two?

Last edited:
If he lands in Massachusetts he is in Massachusetts and is under our law. Go to jail like any other criminal. Sane adults do not carry bomb making junk around with them. This guy should be fried.

Doesn't pass muster, hes on a layover and doesnt need an LTC. Same as an out of state hunter or competitor transporting his firearms you need only have your licenses for your destination.

Burn Him? You should take that built up angst and turn it toward the Judges and prosecutors that allow the turds we catch to plead out out on firearms charges and leave the court with CWOF's instead of real justice.

Could the rocket motors,"grenade fuses" or whatever he ACTUALLY had with him maybe be part of his loadout to teach that urban warfare course? I think whoever brought these charges and are sticking to them is a disgrace and is part of the reason most cops turn into cynics.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom