We Must Demilitarize the Police

Too many towns have SWAT teams as it is and only some need them, and only some need better weapons than the standard shotguns and pistols. I have no issue with them having a handful of AR-15s and such, but grenade launchers, APCs, fatigues...no.

I disagree. That's like saying "only some free people need 'better' weapons than standard shotguns and pistols."

Everything is just another tool in the bag, it shouldn't be restricted from police, or by the gov't for non LE use.

Tax payers don't pay much if anything for PDs procuring vehicles like MRAPs and Bearcats contrary to what many people believe.

I disagree. That's like saying "only some free people need 'better' weapons than standard shotguns and pistols."

Everything is just another tool in the bag, it shouldn't be restricted from police, or by the gov't for non LE use.

Tax payers don't pay much if anything for PDs procuring vehicles like MRAPs and Bearcats contrary to what many people believe.

Could that be due to civil asset forteiture? That was directed to your tax payer line.

Could that be due to civil asset forteiture? That was directed to your tax payer line.
No, not due to civil asset forfeiture. Due to gov liquidation programs (very much like the 1033 program)

I am not trying to advocate for giving police more power/money/assets, but instead advocating for people and police to be on a more equal playing field. Guns, vehicles, less than lethal weapons, should all be accessible for law abiding people, whether law enforcement or not.

Back
Top Bottom