Waxman's New Gun Bill

He needs to go away, fast.

Waxman Introduces Massive Firearms Ban Bill in House | The Truth About Guns

Waxman Introduces Massive Firearms Ban Bill in House

Let me start with this: there’s no chance in hell that this bill will pass. H.R. 2910 is a House bill, meaning that the Republican controlled legislative body would need to approve it before it gets its day in the Senate (full text here). And the only way that would happen is if almost every House Republican found themselves incapacitated simultaneously. Somehow. Nevertheless, it’s some scary stuff, and exactly what you’d expect from a California Democrat making a grandstand play . . .

Here are the highlights:

“Assault weapons” receivers would be labeled as “hazardous products”
Non-complete lower receivers (blanks, sheets, 80% lowers and the like) for “assault weapons” would be banned from sale
ANY INDIVIDUAL PARTS for an AR-15 would be BANNED from sale, including upper receiver groups, bolt carrier groups, and the like.
Uses a “single feature” test for defining “assault weapons”
Eliminates the ban on using federal funds for gun control advocacy
The biggest thing here is that the bill seeks to make it illegal to sell any parts (single parts or kits, either one) that can be used to construct an “assault weapon.” That means upper receiver groups would be illegal without a registered lower receiver attached and logged in the bound books of manufacturers and subject to ATF inspection. Good times.

This is excellent! Let the Dems keep pushing this gun control non-sense at the National level and hopefully it will fry the Dems in the blue-dog states in 2014.

Over 38,000,000 people live in California. Why is it they can't find someone with an IQ over 30 to be their Senators and Representatives?

Don't say DOA - you are overestimating our elected officials ability to be bought, sold, corrupted, and pressured with NSA data.

It doesn't matter to me anymore - no longer will I comply with new BS. I will still write, call, attend rallies and hearings but even if they pass something, I will ignore them.

Let me start with this: there’s no chance in hell that this bill will pass. H.R. 2910 is a House bill, meaning that the Republican controlled legislative body would need to approve it before it gets its day in the Senate (full text here). And the only way that would happen is if almost every House Republican found themselves incapacitated simultaneously. Somehow. Nevertheless, it’s some scary stuff, and exactly what you’d expect from a California Democrat making a grandstand play . . .

This is all you need to know. The bill is DOA in the House. It might not even get a committee assignment and if it does that will be the end of it.

And the Democrats in the Senate will breath a big sigh of relief. They don't want to go through this shit again so soon.

It's politics pure and simple.

The bill is DOA. Period. He is an idiot for even trying. Its so far reaching its laughable-I think that he may have been pressured by his senate colleagues to introduce something....but, either way, its DOA-will not even make committee.

So basically they are looking to ban chunks of metal. This is the problem with the wing dings people in office. They look to ban something and have no possible way of enforcing this shit. They do not understand the real world side of things at all.

What are they going to do put every one with a mill or cnc on a watch list. Come on.

There are an estimated 4 million AR15's in this country, a machine that can kill with the flick of a finger, yet more people are beaten to death than killed by these weapons. Sure, the bill may be DOA, but it is still frightening that we have elected officials creating this type of crap. I want to stop the killing of innocent people as much as anyone but not while violating the rights of my fellow Americans, and especially not for something that wouldn't work anyway.

If you're a pussy you will. They'll get nothing of mine. Let them come for them. It won't end well. For them or me. But I'm content to know that I went out on my feet and not on my knees.
I've got a better idea. How 'bout we don't let them win the House and we take back the Senate too? Deal?

Back
Top Bottom