wasr help

is there a screw or something im missing on the stock of my wasr?

tryin to get the dragunov stock off and i have the 2 top screws out and the thing wont budge...did i miss a screw somewhere???

I left my SAR1 stock on because I could only get it to budge a little when trying to remove it. I was taking it off for staining/polyurethane though, and wound up masking off the rest of the gun and working the stock while it was still on.

A Dragunov stock on a WASR? [thinking]

Is there a bolt/screw that runs up through the grip?

Some stocks are a real pain to remove.

Remove the top cover, recoil spring, bolt carrier, etc (you might even have to remove the fire control group... I don't recall).

You'll need something that you can place inside the receiver and using a mallet/hammer, see if you can beat the stock out from the rear.

Just use something that won't mar/scratch/dent the receiver.

no grip screw i checked

all that stuff is off except the fire control group...but looking on the inside theres no way anything else is holding it in...the monkeys over at century jammed this one there good

im scurrying around my house looking for a rubber mallet

next question...how do i separate the wood on the lower hand guard and gas tube from the metal???

this thing needs a good cleaning!

no grip screw i checked

all that stuff is off except the fire control group...but looking on the inside theres no way anything else is holding it in...the monkeys over at century jammed this one there good

im scurrying around my house looking for a rubber mallet

next question...how do i separate the wood on the lower hand guard and gas tube from the metal???

Do you mean the upper hand guard and gas tube? [wink]

Clamp the flats of the gas tube in a vice (don't over tighten it and crush the flats), or wrench, grasp the wood portion and give it a few rocking twists in both directions. It should loosen up enough (I say should[wink]). so that you can rotate it 180 and slip it right off.

I changed the wood on my wasr. The upper handguard is a pain. You just have to work it, it will come eventually! Amazing the handiness of a rubber mallet. I actually missed a bolt and ripped through the old thumbhold stock! Oops, now I know...

When I de-cosmo'd my "new" Wasr-10 I didn't quite get the cosmoline out of the bolt/firing pin assembly.

I took it out and started shooting at my range , when the buzzer rang i removed magazine , ejected live chambered round and picked it up.

*** It had a clear dimple on the primer! ****, I put the gun away for the day.

At home that afternoon I discovered the firing pin was not freely floating in the bolt group thing and was in fact gummed up and protruding far enough to touch the primer. I believe I was within a few thousandths of an inch from chambering the gun and having a full auto runaway condition.

You may want to give that bit a little more attention than I did.

Did someone say "wasr"....

here is mine..

Pictures1310.jpg

Pictures1314.jpg

Back
Top Bottom