Was there an NES server outage?

Agreed. We should register nesisdown.com and put up some simple forum software just so we can all commiserate together [wink]

Without NES up last night, I was reduced to reading the gun laws for Guam... again.

+1 we need a way to stay connected and informed so I don't have to check every hour. glad to be back

Glad things are back to normal. I was forced to make small talk with the wife.

Wife: "Gee, you're talkative today. Why aren't you on the computer?"

Me: "The server for the forum must be down."

Wife: "Well, that explains it. I wondered why you were moping around. You know, there's a few things you could do for me around here..."

Me: "I'm going to go check to see if the forum is back online!"

Married life can be challenging!

I had the shakes and nausea! Definitely withdrawal symptoms. I need NES hits at least several times a day stay high on black powder!

And Great Leader stood on the mountaintop and addressed his flock. And thus he said unto them, "The greatest commandment, above which all else must flow, is to buy more guns!"

Darn it.... I've double the number of guns I own in the past 2 months. Must I buy more?!?! I don't think I have any money left. My bank account went from full to empty!

NES down all day yesterday... road to gun club not plowed today... what will tomorrow bring?

[frown]

Obama as President! He'll make everything OK. NES down for good... road to gun club won't exist...

Was on the server when it went down (no, I didn't do it). The rest of the day I was like a junkie needing his fix. Actually watched TV. [shocked]

And my son was so bored that he developed kidney stones and I had to take him to the Emergency Room. Spent most the the midday at the ER.

Last edited:
I am powerless against the Great Leader. Must numb senses. Must lose sense of reality. Must watch football. Must drink beer and eat nachos.

I think Derek forgot to gas up the generator [wink]. I was definitely going through withdrawals, I kept checking all day. I fell asleep on the couch last night. I had to check it at 4AM when I woke up and it was back on! Of course I went through all the "new posts" before I took the dogs out and went to bed[grin]

Last edited:
I told him it is definately down and was waiting for the news that Derek was seen in handcuffs and his gear was being inventoried by THE MAN.......LOL

Nah, he moved to NH, they only do that in places like MA! In NH, he'd get chastised that he didn't own ENOUGH guns/ammo! [wink]

I was getting the NES DT's [shocked]

You and me both.

Poor Derek hasn't had electricity for 8 days (as of yesterday). Today's weather doesn't help either . . . and tomorrow forcasts in MA are for wind gusts up to 50 mph . . . bound to bring down trees loaded with snow and more power outages.

It was a horrible ordeal that I have been having. I was bored out of my mind and couldn't think of anything else to do. Then, I remembered that there is actually a gun forum at DU (no kidding... shocked me too) so I thought I would log in there to see what kind of mischief I could cause with my noncompliant views.

That's when I learned it is possible to post viruses to a forum that automatically infect just by reading the post! Those stupid liberal dumbasses over at the DU actually get a kick out of infecting thousands of people's computers.

Anyway, it was a really nasty virus (VirtuMundo) I caught and my computer was nearly unusable... AVG, Mcafee, Symantec, AdAware and Spybot all were unable to remove it. After much searching, I finally found an obscure one called Malwarebytes and another called ComboFix... together I was finally able to rid myself of it. And it only took 18 F'ing hours of my life to fix this!!

While it solved my boredom problem during the outage, it made my blood pressure go way up.

Plus I have developed the shower-every-hour OCD for some reason.... must..... get...... clean!!!

I had nothing to do during work yesterday!! I checked a few times and gave up. Went over to coyotegods but threads never seem to get updated there. Rimfirecentral passed the time drooling over Kimbers and CZs

NES back up

thefirearmsforum.com is so like NES it's great!! NES is and will continue to be #1 but their's many good sights to frequent also!!

Back
Top Bottom