• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Wanna talk to GOAL? BOD meeting 8/11 Braintree Rifle and Pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which time are you talking about Adam? I thought she contradicted herself on a number of occasions and I was just looking for clarity. If I came off as rude I apologize, I was just pressing for an answer - unlike Don who made a direct attack on me and a member of his own board.

The only time you said the treasurer contradicted herself in regards to the mailing list and TOM. If you thought that, then you thought wrong. She never contradicted herself. Don't apologize to me, apologize to the BOD in person.

Your question regarding GOAL and TOM does need to be answered. Will it happen sooner than later as you and others want? No. The question you posed has a very involved answer. For the BOD to come right back without fully researching the answer and providing a solution if necessary wouldnegligentgant on their paContinuallyuely pressing them will do nothing to accelerate the return of an answer to your letter. Their answer to this last night was exactly what I thought they would give.

The only time you said the treasurer contradicted herself in regards to the mailing list and TOM. If you thought that, then you thought wrong. She never contradicted herself. Don't apologize to me, apologize to the BOD in person.

Your question regarding GOAL and TOM does need to be answered. Will it happen sooner than later as you and others want? No. The question you posed has a very involved answer. For the BOD to come right back without fully researching the answer and providing a solution if necessary wouldnegligentgant on their paContinuallyuely pressing them will do nothing to accelerate the return of an answer to your letter. Their answer to this last night was exactly what I thought they would give.

It isn't an involved answer at all:

"Yes/No Yacino does/doesn't take $96,000 annually from GOAL for an opt out newsletter, plus rent money, consulting fees, etc etc. If the answer is yes/does, then the follow up questions are more involved: "What else does he profit from and is this the best use of GOAL money?". If it is a good use of funds, case closed and move on. If it's corrupt or a misuse of funds, let's fix it.

There's an accusation here that Bob intentionally "twisted words" when sitting beside him, I heard no such thing.

Clearly, from the profanity leveled at him, there is a perception that Bob is trying to do something other than get to the facts and this perception is driving the response to him.

He asked a question, got two slightly different answers and then asked for clarification to figure out why.

Last edited:

Adam, if you recall the only direct request I made of the BOD last night was to know WHEN I might expect an answer and they refused to give me that. I most assuredly will NOT apologize for asking they do the job they stood election for. But as you're married to a member of the BOD, I guess I can understand that you see it differently than I

Adam, if you recall the only direct request I made of the BOD last night was to know WHEN I might expect an answer and they refused to give me that. I most assuredly will NOT apologize for asking they do the job they stood election for. But as you're married to a member of the BOD, I guess I can understand that you see it differently than I

Someone made the statement "you just contradicted yourself" after the treasurer answered a question and when I turned to see who, you were the one talking. They couldn't give you an answer for that last night.

We aren't married, but thank you for "thinking" we are [wink]. I take that as a compliment.

Someone made the statement "you just contradicted yourself" after the treasurer answered a question and when I turned to see who, you were the one talking. They couldn't give you an answer for that last night.

We aren't married, but thank you for "thinking" we are [wink]. I take that as a compliment.

OK, I made a direct request and I asked a member of the Board who had made a statement to clarify an apparent contradiction. You're right, they didn't answer that either.

Sorry, I assumed. [grin]

It isn't an involved answer at all:

"Yes/No Yacino does/doesn't take $96,000 annually from GOAL for an opt out newsletter, plus rent money, consulting fees, etc etc. If the answer is yes/does, then the follow up questions are more involved: "What else does he profit from and is this the best use of GOAL money?". If it is a good use of funds, case closed and move on. If it's corrupt or a misuse of funds, let's fix it.

I suspect that if they find "it's corrupt or a misuse of funds" that they want to have a solution in place or getting put in place before they report.

I just don't understand why so many people are assuming that the BOD is evil or covering up... as opposed to inefficient. Yacino is no longer part of GOAL, and this may well be a case of "Well, we've always done it that way". Now that Bob has gotten their attention they're going to have to look at the situation, review the whole thing... figure out what needs to be changed, if it needs to be changed - and none of that moves at the speed of the internet.

I suspect that if they find "it's corrupt or a misuse of funds" that they want to have a solution in place or getting put in place before they report.

I just don't understand why so many people are assuming that the BOD is evil or covering up... as opposed to inefficient. Yacino is no longer part of GOAL, and this may well be a case of "Well, we've always done it that way". Now that Bob has gotten their attention they're going to have to look at the situation, review the whole thing... figure out what needs to be changed, if it needs to be changed - and none of that moves at the speed of the internet.

Are you sure about that?

And even slower when it's a volunteer working maybe 1-2 hours per day on this.

Yancino still runs the Junior Conservation Camp I believe.

And even slower when it's a volunteer working maybe 1-2 hours per day on this.

Yancino still runs the Junior Conservation Camp I believe.

1) It's an issue that's been raised before so they can't argue it's new to them

2) It's an issue that can have serious negative ramifications for GOAL

3) Members of a BOD have a fiduciary duty to the organization - volunteer or not

Maybe they should be spending more than 1 or 2 hours a day on it? I know it sucks but you don't just get to do the fun stuff in life.

1) It's an issue that's been raised before so they can't argue it's new to them

2) It's an issue that can have serious negative ramifications for GOAL

3) Members of a BOD have a fiduciary duty to the organization - volunteer or not

Maybe they should be spending more than 1 or 2 hours a day on it? I know it sucks but you don't just get to do the fun stuff in life.
Volunteering to be on a board is one of those things that can take very little or a whole lot of time depending on what's going on with the underlying organization. You job is to oversee it, ensure that it is behaving ethically and in the best interest of it's share/stakeholders. If you can't fulfill that role when the going gets tough you shouldn't be there.

In 1-2 days with access to information I can tear into multi-billion dollar corporation and tell you what makes it tick. This BS about it being a complicated and time-intensive process is insulting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom