Walther PPS trigger

EddieCoyle

Consigliere
NES Member
I bought a PPS today. It's the flattest 9mm I've ever seen, and it fits my hand like a glove.

The trigger is miserable. Can this be easily fixed? Is it a matter of simply replacing a trigger connector like on the Glock?

Miserable in what way? I've been waiting to hear from someone real on the gun. Fill us in!

I'm sure someone will come out with kits to sweeten the trigger. Volquartsen maybe? I think I'll wait to buy a PPS 'till then. I briefly handled one at the Marlboro show and was only really impressed by the size.

All walther triggers are gritty, that'll probably buff itself out in a few hundred dryfires... if your arm doesnt cramp by then. [laugh]

I'd wager a bet that theres a spring or two in there that could be swapped out, if you can find the "normal" springs as replacement parts.

-Mike

I'll post a range report after I shoot it a lot. Right now, my very limited range time is being sucked up by another (really cool) project.

You just had to go and say it didnt you.... cause now I could give a rats ass on the PPS... whats this really cool project you speak of :)

Trigger pull

Held one last week at KTP. dry fired it a couple times and the awful triger was the only thougths i can remember of the gun. It was VERY rough, long pull length before it breaks and almost as hard to pull as the Mass M&P's.

Normally you can "test the biggest caliber" and automatically get approval for the smaller ones, at least that's what I've heard. (IIRC, this is why SVI tests their guns in .45 ACP... )

My bet is, at the time the 9mm was tested, that was the only model that was actually available.

I'll be surprised if they test the .40... whats that have, a market of about 5 guns sold? (I'm sure it has a bit of a
bite to it... )

-Mike

Speaking as someone who got product safety approvals for 12 years (computers . . . but hardware is just hardware) . . .

For the life of me I cannot understand why MA approved the 9mm but not the .40. What could possibly be so different between the two?

NOTHING wrt the requirements from a technical point of view.

Maybe they think the .40 will be more prone to a KB? [hmmm]

Not part of the testing criteria. Not sure that they'd care either if the shooter got killed . . . it's all about keeping guns out of as many hands as possible. [thinking]

They didn't pay to test the 40 yet?

Shouldn't be necessary, but TPTB are interpreting the requirements over-broadly to make it as difficult/costly as possible.

If the design is the same, caliber shouldn't really enter into the equation for the testing requirements.

I took my PPS to the range today for the first time.. Dont know why but i didnt find the trigger any more or less comfortable than any of my other guns. I actually like it!! ASIDE FROM the trigger safety mechanism... its my first firearm with this on it and I find it annoyingly uncomfortable. I really dont care for the small mag capacity, but... hey if i dont get em with two shots, might as well throw the damn thing and run.

The stroke isnt too long, the recoils not that bad... one thing i DID notice... LOTS OF FLAME from the barrel :eek:). I LIKE the trigger guard mag release. my index finger works it well.

Not a single hiccoup from the winchester ammo I fed it... only shot about 60 rounds because the indoor range was getting a little.... smokey :eek:)

I'm very interested in hearing about the ammo used in the range reports. There have been some internet stories, and youtube videos about problems with Blazer, Wolf, and Cor Bon ammo being unreliable, but Winchester and Federal being OK. I am also thinking about this as a carry gun, but need to hear from people I can trust, that THEY trust it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=og3fUZvdZZk

I've used Winchester and Blazer with mine. Winchester was great.

The Blazer spit out like absolute crap. No failures, but the groupings of my shots was waaaaay off.

I also picked one of these up yesterday. The trigger is indeed very heavy. That aside, its small, light and easy to carry. Personally, the trigger will not prevent me from using the firearm effectively, but I do hope it will loosen up a bit.

If you have any success with those springs, let me know ;)

I bought a PPS today. It's the flattest 9mm I've ever seen, and it fits my hand like a glove.

The trigger is miserable. Can this be easily fixed? Is it a matter of simply replacing a trigger connector like on the Glock?

Ditto. Let me know if you find a solution to the trigger.

Cross-X,

Has Greg started doing trigger jobs on the PPS? I know he's the man for the M&P and building sweet bullseye guns. Obviously he has the skill to do it, but has he already done some?

Back
Top Bottom