Walther PPQ

The QA is not CMR940 compliant. So it being on the roster doesn't mean much. The QA is a POS anyways.... you hit that little button by accident and the gun will no longer fire until the slide is cycled. That's just absurdly dangerous, IMHO, on a self defense gun.

And to think I couldn't dislike Walther anymore than I already do. [rolleyes]

And to think I couldn't dislike Walther anymore than I already do. [rolleyes]

You dislike Walther because of the trigger system on the QA? Really? Or did you get a lemon at some time?

I've never handled a QA, but my 9mm P99c AS and full size are great little guns. The magazine release takes a little getting used to but once you get the hang of it is quicker and takes less grip adjustment than a typical thumb release. The compact is the size of many sub-compact models, and has a 10 round magazine.

You dislike Walther because of the trigger system on the QA? Really? Or did you get a lemon at some time?

I've never handled a QA, but my 9mm P99c AS and full size are great little guns. The magazine release takes a little getting used to but once you get the hang of it is quicker and takes less grip adjustment than a typical thumb release. The compact is the size of many sub-compact models, and has a 10 round magazine.

I respect your choice in firearms, but would never buy another Walther. I hated my PK380 and have tried multiple Walthers and hadn't found one I liked. I don't see why I'd buy a Walther when I can buy a Glock or M&P, or another Ruger SR9c. Sorry, but I just don't care for the Walther carry guns and will keep my P38 of course because it is a great post war firearm.

I respect your choice in firearms, but would never buy another Walther. I hated my PK380 and have tried multiple Walthers and hadn't found one I liked. I don't see why I'd buy a Walther when I can buy a Glock or M&P, or another Ruger SR9c. Sorry, but I just don't care for the Walther carry guns and will keep my P38 of course because it is a great post war firearm.

You gotta give my PPS a shot, might change your mind. However, I agree, the PK380 is an abomination.

I don't see why I'd buy a Walther when I can buy a Glock or M&P, or another Ruger SR9c. Sorry, but I just don't care for the Walther carry guns and will keep my P38 of course because it is a great post war firearm.

No need to apologize - just wondering what your experience with Walther was. It might help other folks too. I am not a Walther fan boy but I use the P99c as a carry gun. I practice with it and feel comfortable with it. It has been dependable and I shoot as well or better with it than anything else I own. But I am looking at the G30 to replace it. I like the idea of 10 rounds of .45 - and the gun is about the same size as the P99c. Not easy to find one in MA though. But I got some time.

No need to apologize - just wondering what your experience with Walther was. It might help other folks too. I am not a Walther fan boy but I use the P99c as a carry gun. I practice with it and feel comfortable with it. It has been dependable and I shoot as well or better with it than anything else I own. But I am looking at the G30 to replace it. I like the idea of 10 rounds of .45 - and the gun is about the same size as the P99c. Not easy to find one in MA though. But I got some time.

I wish I never sold my p99c.

You gotta give my PPS a shot, might change your mind. However, I agree, the PK380 is an abomination.

Yeah the PK380 is a nightmare. It was wobbly, underpowered of course (380), the mags were expensive, too big to carry, too small to be accurate with it, I really don't need to go on about it. Thank you for the offer, I will definitely take you up on that offer, it will give the both of us a chance to shoot different types of guns.

I had the G36 and didn't like it at all. But then again, the gun isn't for everyone. If you must have a .45 to carry, get the G30/G30 SF. It is all around a better CCW than the G36 and has more capacity. The XDs is real nice too but it only has 5+1.

I had the G36 and didn't like it at all. But then again, the gun isn't for everyone. If you must have a .45 to carry, get the G30/G30 SF. It is all around a better CCW than the G36 and has more capacity. The XDs is real nice too but it only has 5+1.

The G30's 10 round capacity is the main selling point for me. My hands can handle a full size Glock so I am not worried about that. Probably would get the pinky extensions for the magazines though.

The thing that concerns me most is the recoil and blast concussion. The P99c with 124gr +P gets a little feisty - I will have to train a lot to get used to a similar sized pistol with .45 recoil and concussion. I know that when I shoot the P220 .45 it is the concussive power that I notice the most. The recoil is manageable (heavy Sig) but I can definitely feel the blast concussion on my face and head. Very different than the P99's.

Last edited:
Walther makes good guns just dont buy the s&w realated guns the real german guns from fort smith are good, P99, ppq

Back
Top Bottom