Where can I find a mass compliant Walther P22?

I am looking for a Mass compliant walther P22 as a starter range gun. I checked a good 15-20 stores (online) and it doesn't look like anyone has them in stock. Does anyone know of a store in Mass that sells these guns? Thank you!

Last edited:
Online inventory not always the most accurate. Four seasons however keeps their used gun list quite accurate.

Have you tried calling shops or just looking online?

Will you only settle for a P22? May have better luck locating something you like if you consider others brands and models too.

I like how the single most important question got missed. What area do you live in? Followed by: How far are you willing to drive?

Four Seasons is a great option out East with inventory frequently posted online. If you're in Western MA, The Gun Rack almost certainly has them in stock. (Call first all the same). Central MA there are literally dozens of stores in one building and I'm sure a full time shop has one in stock.

Hello. I'm in Quincy but willing to drive around. You mentioned central mass stores. Do you know of one name so I could look up the rest, please?

I am looking for a Mass compliant walther P22 as a starter range gun. I checked a good 15-20 stores (online) and it doesn't look like anyone has them in stock. Does anyone know of a store in Mass that sells these guns? Thank you!

You don't want it...... think about a P22 like this...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtpUTJci77s

I'm dead serious though, there is absolutely nothing redeeming about a P22, the market is replete with options that are 100x better than that. The ruger SR22 is a much better gun for the same amount of cake, for starters, and then there's a whole bunch of other stuff too.

Buying pot metal junk like the P22 or a Sig Mosquito? for the love of god, do yourself a favor and steer clear of that trash.

You don't want it...... think about a P22 like this...

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtpUTJci77s

I'm dead serious though, there is absolutely nothing redeeming about a P22, the market is replete with options that are 100x better than that. The ruger SR22 is a much better gun for the same amount of cake, for starters, and then there's a whole bunch of other stuff too.

Buying pot metal junk like the P22 or a Sig Mosquito? for the love of god, do yourself a favor and steer clear of that trash.

Why no love for the Sig? I'll admit that I haven't shot mine in a while and I didn't run several hundred rounds thru it but it ran flawless when I did shoot it. I bought it used at 4S.

Try Shooting Supply in Westport. Not too bad of drive from Quincy. I picked up a Ruger mark IV lite 22/45 there few months ago. Fun to shoot and no mechanical issues at all so far.

Why no love for the Sig? I'll admit that I haven't shot mine in a while and I didn't run several hundred rounds thru it but it ran flawless when I did shoot it. I bought it used at 4S.

Both junk. Both (mostly) not carried by dealers anymore.... because they're junk. [laugh]

And yes, there are examples that worked OK. That doesn't make them not shitty. For example I have a P22 in my safe that I'm babysitting for a friend of mine right now. That gun has probably 26,000 rounds through it. At about 22,000 rounds the slide cracked in half and locked the entire gun up. Smith replaced the whole top end of the gun. It still works. That said, most of those guns are not that lucky to even make it that far. Many of them were essentially broken out of the box.

As a point of comparison.... there are a lot of people with Taurus revolvers that they say work just great.... then there are a whole metric shit ton like this one.... [rofl]

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vftq9hNpvBc

So should I look into a Ruger sr22 then?

Thankful for all responses though.

Yes. The SR22 is generally a better gun than the P22. But with that said, you should seriously consider a Ruger MK IV, or a used MK III, if the MK IV is out of the budget. The SR22 is a decent little plastic plinker, but there is no comparison between the little plinking guns and an entry level target pistol like the MK IV. And if what you want is to learn pistol fundamentals, then the full size grip and quality sights of a target style pistol is a huge advantage.

But if for whatever reason, the MK IV does not suit you, then yes, the SR22 is a reasonable choice.

try this guy on NES..........

So should I look into a Ruger sr22 then?

Thankful for all responses though.

Ruger SR22, Smith M&P Compact .22, Glock 44... or pretty much anything else that isn't a P22.

If it doesn't have to be a DA/SA type gun I'd also look at the Ruger MKIV and the new S&W Victory. Either one of those is better than a P22, also.

SR22 is SO much better than the Walther which is a finicky PIA

The P22 that I have in my possession will run on any of the cheap bulk ammo that's hot enough the problem with it is I bet if I sampled like say like 10 of those guns two or three might work relatively well the other eight would be total dumpster fires... 🤣

Anyone running the SR22 long?
I'm in the same market due to the current ammo climate. I was looking for something a bit more full size though.
I know the Mark IV is the probably the entry level bar to measure by, but I already got the wife one. As much as it's a great shooter i don't want to buy the same thing twice.

Ruger SR22, Smith M&P Compact .22, Glock 44... or pretty much anything else that isn't a P22.

If it doesn't have to be a DA/SA type gun I'd also look at the Ruger MKIV and the new S&W Victory. Either one of those is better than a P22, also.
Glock 44 is a massive piece of shit also. I don't tend to bad mouth most firearms much, but Glock perfection and the marketing campaign they've instituted around that gun. I'm going to harp on it now. It's in the same boat as the P22 with cracking and problems. That being said I DO have infinitely more faith that Glock will remedy those issues.

Glock 44 is a massive piece of shit. I don't tend to bad mouth most firearms much, but Glock perfection and the marketing campaign they've instituted around that gun. I'm going to harp on it now. It's in the same boat as the P22 with cracking and problems. That being said I DO have infinitely more faith that Glock will remedy those issues.
My g44 has like 1500 rounds through it... I'm disappointed it hasn't exploded yet I want my money back.... 🤣

IMO the only problem I have with the g44 is that their marketing decisions regarding the gun are stupid especially the fact that they didn't offer a SKU with a threaded barrel already installed... And the 10-round mags at the beginning were kind of unobtainium...they should have packaged at least four mags with the gun to begin with....

S&W 22-A was my first .22 pistol. Big grips but fun first .22. Tack driver. Few of them currently listed as used in local shops. However, breaking it down and cleaning really sucked. Tough to reassemble. I traded it in for a 9mm toy after couple years.

My g44 has like 1500 rounds through it... I'm disappointed it hasn't exploded yet I want my money back.... 🤣

IMO the only problem I have with the g44 is that their marketing decisions regarding the gun are stupid especially the fact that they didn't offer a SKU with a threaded barrel already installed... And the 10-round mags at the beginning were kind of unobtainium...they should have packaged at least four mags with the gun to begin with....
I must have the shittiest luck then because I have had to RMA three of them having shot nothing but CCI Standard, and minimags in the second and third. Swore off them until G44 Gen 2 becomes a thing. 🙃 Functions perfectly on those two, had the typical hiccups from thunderbolt and what not. But all three of them have developed hairline cracks.

Don't buy the Walther, It's a POS I have one. Get the SR22. If you're looking for something try custom defense solutions in the Mill in Littleton. He seemed to have a lot of guns that everyone inside 128 has sold out of.

The Worcester Police Department has one. It's not for sale yet. They took it off a guy last night and charged him with carrying a large capacity firearm. Not sure how they determined that ten rounds in a magazine constitutes large capacity, but the police are generally not known to be math wizards.

The Worcester Police Department has one. It's not for sale yet. They took it off a guy last night and charged him with carrying a large capacity firearm. Not sure how they determined that ten rounds in a magazine constitutes large capacity, but the police are generally not known to be math wizards.

Darius Arbabi (RIP) is looking down on this and probably doing a facepalm. He told me of a similar deal where he had to defend a client that was charged with exactly the same bullshit as you just described, with exactly the same gun.

If you want a Ruger the 22/45 or mark 4 would be a much better choice. Also consider smith And Wesson m&p compact, Taurus tx22 or even keltec p-17. Just go on 22plinkster YouTube and start watching vids.

Back
Top Bottom