• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Walther PK380 Review and Range Report

Anyone seen holsters for this? I know there is in the nylon one available but I am partial to the molded styles in leather or plastic like the Blackhawk! CQC Serpa

I just picked up one of these as well and have the same question. Not a real big fan of the .380, but I really like my P22 and that had a lot of influence on my decision. Anyway, I have an old Desantis, suede, in-side-the-pants holster that I use for my P22, but found it somewhat too tight for the PK380. This sort of leaves me in the market for a similar holster for the PK380. Anyone has any suggestions?

Mine cost me $385, but it did come with an extra mag as well as the standard dual P22/PK380 molded case (which is really cool).

I just picked up one of these as well and have the same question. Not a real big fan of the .380, but I really like my P22 and that had a lot of influence on my decision. Anyway, I have an old Desantis, suede, in-side-the-pants holster that I use for my P22, but found it somewhat too tight for the PK380. This sort of leaves me in the market for a similar holster for the PK380. Anyone has any suggestions?

Mine cost me $385, but it did come with an extra mag as well as the standard dual P22/PK380 molded case (which is really cool).

The distributors were trying to get dealers to buy PK380/P22 "matched sets", but most didn't bite. Those cases, while cool, cost the dealer nothing extra and they shouldn't be charging more for them. Pretty neat if you have a P22 already though, and if you got just a regular case post up a WTT in the classifieds for someone without a P22 that got the combo case and might want to trade.

Yeah just got mine today for 350. And 5 boxes of FMJ .380 and 3 boxes of Ranger-T .380 for a total of around $570. Can't wait to get to the and try it out.

I chose pk380 based on racking force and recoil and "reviews".

I'm not looking for gun suggestions at this time.
I bought the pk380 for my weakling wife, but I was
not aware of problems that I am now discovering
from reports by others.

I don't want to return the gun. I want Umarex/Walther/Smith
to help me make it street-reliable by making a redesigned
hammer block spool available for order by dealers or owners,
either free or not. That's the only problem that I can't either
accept or solve myself.

My spool appears to be in good shape, but some folks
show total breakage of their spool, and report that it was
sudden. Most owners won't examine the spool for cracks
on a regular basis, so it works unless it suddenly breaks.

http://s849.photobucket.com/albums/ab58/eddbrowne/

http://twitpic.com/photos/eddbrowne

Last edited:
Low and left

Did anybody notice if the PK380 tends to fire low and/or left? I tried it today and both the owner and I were experiencing the same low left pattern. Target was at about 20 ft
but it was very obvious. Then we tried some other pistols and were hitting near the bullseye, so we're thinking maybe the gun. I dunno.

The owners manual has you decock by putting the firearm on safety and riding the hammer down as you release the trigger. I don't think pulling the trigger without riding the hammer down is what Walther intended.

Compact gun was light and handled the recoil well I thought. Just wondering if low and left is typical for this firearm.

My son's PK380 hasn't experienced the low and left that you describe. So far it has worked flawlessly. I find it much more comfortable to shoot than my Walther PPK using the same ammo in both guns.

We do ride the hammer down when putting the gun on safe. I hate having to pull the trigger to lower the hammer when the gun is on safe. It just rubs me the wrong way to do that. Probably just a mental block on my part. I manually lower the hammer on revolvers that way without any qualms, but for some reason it just doesn't feel right on the PK380. I have several S&W pistols that automatically drop the hammer when placed on safe (39, 59, etc.), and that doesn't bother me, even though I will still frequently ride the hammer down rather than letting it drop on its own.

There's just something about having to pull the trigger to to do this on the PK that bothers me. I don't know why. [thinking]

There's just something about having to pull the trigger to to do this on the PK that bothers me. I don't know why. [thinking]

It violates every principle of gun safety and S&W/Walther should be shot for making the decocker like that. They did it because it was cheap. Unfortunately this one feature above all others takes this gun from being a great little plinker to a luke warm "Eh, it's OK".

It violates every principle of gun safety and S&W/Walther should be shot for making the decocker like that. They did it because it was cheap. Unfortunately this one feature above all others takes this gun from being a great little plinker to a luke warm "Eh, it's OK".

But why does that principle not apply to revolvers? I'm not a revolver guy, and this is part of the reason. It's ridiculous that the PK380 works this way, but whay is it only ridiculous for the pistol?

But why does that principle not apply to revolvers? I'm not a revolver guy, and this is part of the reason. It's ridiculous that the PK380 works this way, but whay is it only ridiculous for the pistol?

Revolvers are old technology. You could build a decocker for them I am sure, but they never had one. Here they had a new style SA which by design is less capable than the average. That is why to me it is a screw up.

Not having a decocker is weird but that's not the only auto like that. The CZ75B is the same way...

There is nothing "unsafe" about the design... it just is what it is.

-Mike

that and the take down tool. unlike the M&P, you NEED the tool.. that was what sealed the deal for me..

PPS and I haven't looked back. [wink]

Back
Top Bottom