• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Walmart in MA, firearms?

Believe it or not, I have never set foot in a WalMart in my life. Question: do the WalMarts in Mass sell firearms or ammo?

Believe it or not, I have never set foot in a WalMart in my life. Question: do the WalMarts in Mass sell firearms or ammo?

Many sell ammo; I don't think there are any left that sell firearms, although I can't vouch for the stores in the western part of the state.

Last time I looked over the counter at the Super Wal Mart here in Plymouth I'm pretty sure they had a couple of rifles and/or shotguns in the case. Unless they were BB/pellet guns....I wasn't really looking.

Last time I looked over the counter at the Super Wal Mart here in Plymouth I'm pretty sure they had a couple of rifles and/or shotguns in the case. Unless they were BB/pellet guns....I wasn't really looking.

They're BB/pellet guns.

Walmart really has moved away from straight firearms sales but they still stock and sell plenty of ammo. I was at the Framingham Walmart last night to pick up a couple boxes of 9mm. They were out of the WWB 100 round packs but 8.62 for the 50 round boxes still beats any of the specialized gun stores by 2-3 dollars.

Most still sell ammo. However, the one in Sturbridge has a bunch of signs stating that they cannot sell ammo. From what I have heard, the new manager who came over from NY does not seem to have the need to renew the license. The signs have been up for over a year now.

Walmart really has moved away from straight firearms sales but they still stock and sell plenty of ammo. I was at the Framingham Walmart last night to pick up a couple boxes of 9mm. They were out of the WWB 100 round packs but 8.62 for the 50 round boxes still beats any of the specialized gun stores by 2-3 dollars.

That depends on the store and the city or town in which it is located. Quincy, Brockton, and Avon sell no ammo and very little gun related items. In fact, Avon was selling of it's cleaning supplies and accessories last time I looked.

Raynham has ammo, but no firearms of any kind. I talked to someone who worked in the sporting goods department and he told me that "corporate" has decided that they don't make enough off of firearms to continue carrying them. I don't know if that meant locally, regionally, or nationwide.

Gary

Talking to the manager in Peobody/Danvers he told me this wasn't going to be for much longer. Apparently someone in one of the Walmarts in the state REPEATEDLY sold ammo w/out checking for proper ID, so as company policy wally world as a whole will not be renewing their license in MA. Great huh, one more obstacle from the stupidity of stupid people.

Northampton took their firearms out also. I believe you can still get some ammo, but have fun getting anyone to go back there and wait on you.[thinking]

...but have fun getting anyone to go back there and wait on you.[thinking]

I know what you mean. I waited over close to 30 minutes once at the Oxford Walmart. Then when someone finally showed up, he couldn't find the right keys to unlock the ammo case. Walmart truly is being run by morons. [frown] If it weren't for the fact that their ammo prices are so good, I would not put my foot in that store.

The Northboro/Westboro store sells ammo. Prices are better than most.
True - I was there yesterday stocking up on Federal .22 bulk pack. Picked up a couple of boxes of the WWB 9mm JHP to see how it functions in my K9 and my CZ-75.

I normally don't go there, but since the Hudson Wally World has been out of the Federal since I bought the last two boxes in August, I gave up on checking. [rolleyes] Think I'll call the manager and ask her if she plans to order any more ammo at ALL or should I just start shopping in Northboro?

I know what you mean. I waited over close to 30 minutes once at the Oxford Walmart. Then when someone finally showed up, he couldn't find the right keys to unlock the ammo case. Walmart truly is being run by morons. [frown] If it weren't for the fact that their ammo prices are so good, I would not put my foot in that store.
I don't wait - I go looking for them. Yesterday was an exception; the kid who showed up actually knew that an LTC was also good for purchasing ammo. The asst manager in the Hudson one point-blank refused to sell me any some months back... I had a nice chat with the manager when she got back from vacation about that little episode. She promised to talk to her people.

But since they don't RESTOCK their store, it's a pretty moot point. [rolleyes]

That depends on the store and the city or town in which it is located. Quincy, Brockton, and Avon sell no ammo and very little gun related items. In fact, Avon was selling of it's cleaning supplies and accessories last time I looked.

Raynham has ammo, but no firearms of any kind. I talked to someone who worked in the sporting goods department and he told me that "corporate" has decided that they don't make enough off of firearms to continue carrying them. I don't know if that meant locally, regionally, or nationwide.

Gary

What are you talking about? Brockton sells AMMO. Avon and Abington used to sell ammo. Raynham usually has the most stock in the southeastern area. I do not think that Plymouth or Fairhaven are carrying ammo. I am not sure if the Fall river store is still carrying.

Abington is expected to start selling, again.

Bill

Is ammo at a MA walmart cheaper than NH?
I go to the Walmart in Hudson, NH and would like to find some place closer to me (Lexington)

I just called a list of Walmarts. I can't believe I have nothing better to do tonight.

Walmarts that DO NOT sell ammo:
North Reading
Tewksbury
Lynn
Chelmsford
Methuen
Salem
Quincy
Weymouth
Avon

Walmarts that do sell Ammo:
Framingham
Danvers

Brockton sells ammo? I asked and was told that they didn't. I can't believe that a Walmart employee wouldn't have accurate information. [wink]

Gary

Assortment is real bad. Raynham is much better. Plus, you have a good chance of getting it in a timely fashion.

Bill

I normally don't go there, but since the Hudson Wally World has been out of the Federal since I bought the last two boxes in August, I gave up on checking. [rolleyes] Think I'll call the manager and ask her if she plans to order any more ammo at ALL or should I just start shopping in Northboro?

Federal bulk pack 22? I bought some there on the way back from the meet and greet at Firefly's. I think they only had 2 or 3 bricks though.

I buy most of my ammo at the Hudson, NH Wal-mart though. It's the closest Wal-mart to my house that sells ammo, and it's 5% cheaper than MA anyway.

Back
Top Bottom