• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Walmart in MA, firearms?

Walpole sold a shitload of ammo. I bet they get their license renewed as the guys working the counter there actually know their shit.

Northboro sold ammo although they usually didn't stock as much.

Framingham has a huge case and the evening managers that I've dealt with there have always been prompt and helpful when I wanted to buy.

Don't know about any others off the top of my head.

WHOA! HEY DOC!!

What are you talking about? Brockton sells AMMO. Avon and Abington used to sell ammo. Raynham usually has the most stock in the southeastern area. I do not think that Plymouth or Fairhaven are carrying ammo. I am not sure if the Fall river store is still carrying.

Abington is expected to start selling, again.

Bill

OOOH Say its so!!! [smile] I live one town over from the Abington store, no, the good side over, RockVegas. That would be awesome if they started selling I hate to travel for my plinking and SD ammo... [sad]
And howd ya come across this lil gem of knowledge? A manager I hope...

Yup. I stopped going there though. Dicks is right down the street, and has much better service and selection for only about $.05 more a box.

If Dicks sold WWB, I'd be all over it. I'm not a fan of Remington UMC, so I'm stuck at Wally World....

I'd really love it at this point if the western part of the state could become the 51st state.

You and me both.....

Walmart:

Seekonk - Has Ammo (Checked in the last month or so)
Swansea - Has Ammo (Checked in the last month or so)
Fall River - Has Ammo as of 6 months or so ago probably still does
Raynham - Has Ammo as of 6 months or so ago probably still does

None of the above carry firearms anymore; I bought a shotgun at the Rayhnam one a year or so ago though.

Seekonk and Swansea are usually pretty well stocked.

Last edited:
Another thing thats happening too in MA there are a lot of DICKS
stores popping up in the state. Dicks has like 3 times the amount of
"low end long guns" that any MA walmart would have. "Joe Hunter"
(the type of guy who would buy a gun at walmart) would probably
rather go to Dicks where the entire section has like twice the amount
of stuff in it- and on top of that it's a lot easier to find someone at
the lodge at a Dick's store, that's just there... no waiting, less BS.

-Mike

Last time I checked (1 mo. ago) WALMART WALPOLE was back in the ammo business.

They did have a dry spell last spring and into the summer when they claimed that they were in process of getting their license renewed.

An updated list from the posts in this thread.

Walmarts that DO NOT sell ammo:
North Reading
Tewksbury
Lynn
Chelmsford
Methuen
Salem
Quincy
Weymouth
Avon
Brockton
Abington
Plymouth
Fairhaven
Springfield
Chicopee

Walmarts that do sell Ammo:
Framingham
Danvers
Pittsfield
Northboro
Westboro
Oxford
Hudson

North Reading
Tewksbury
Lynn
Chelmsford
Methuen
Salem
Quincy
Weymouth
Avon
Brockton
Abington
Plymouth
Fairhaven
Springfield
Chicopee

Framingham
Danvers
Pittsfield
Northboro
Westboro
Oxford
Hudson

Wrong.

I already stated Brockton sells ammo. I know this for a fact as I have receipts. I can not confirm Plymouth or Fairhaven at this point. I am resolved to confirm Plymouth tomorrow. My friend told me that Plymouth was not carrying.

Well, if you go back through this thread you missed Northampton, Hadley, and Westfield, they all sell ammo. If you are keeping track do it right.[grin]

Wrong.

I already stated Brockton sells ammo. I know this for a fact as I have receipts. I can not confirm Plymouth or Fairhaven at this point. I am resolved to confirm Plymouth tomorrow. My friend told me that Plymouth was not carrying.

My mistake.

Well, if you go back through this thread you missed Northampton, Hadley, and Westfield, they all sell ammo. If you are keeping track do it right.[grin]

Again my mistake.

I'll resign from that job of "keeping track". I made 45 min of phone calls yesterday to come up with my list. I attempted to gather more by reading through this thread. If there's a mistake, you can quote and edit my list.

Last edited:
What are you talking about? Brockton sells AMMO. Avon and Abington used to sell ammo. Raynham usually has the most stock in the southeastern area. I do not think that Plymouth or Fairhaven are carrying ammo. I am not sure if the Fall river store is still carrying.

Abington is expected to start selling, again.

Bill

Yes Fairhaven has ammo. I've bought the 9 mm and .40 S&W 100 packs there. Just a week ago. Also North Dartmouth has the same.

North Reading
Tewksbury
Lynn
Chelmsford
Methuen
Salem
Quincy
Weymouth
Avon
Brockton
Abington
Plymouth
Fairhaven
Springfield
Chicopee

Framingham
Danvers
Pittsfield
Northboro
Westboro
Oxford
Hudson

You missed Lunenburg and West Boylston.

it is really the on-going atrocity, how much it hurts this country - all those sales to unlicensed individuals!
all those generic goods, the groceries - who got the right to just 'buy' stuff, without firstly qualifying for the right to shop?
we need to petition our good government to resolve this injustice immediately, and establish an LTS - a license to shop. with an annual re-certification and fees.

Back
Top Bottom