Wachusett Reservoir Zone Lottery Finalists

Your not missing much. I hunted it last year and saw way more hunters than deer, and I kinda hid in the tight spots.

Your not missing much. I hunted it last year and saw way more hunters than deer, and I kinda hid in the tight spots.
I was thinking that might be the case Mark. I have some spots that will hopefully prove to be fruitous in the expanded watershed.

Not really. They opened up a bunch of land outside the zone as well last year as well all year long. Im sure there are good spots if you put your time in.

Last years hunt probably had slightly above average results than statewide. Which really means game managers are overzealous. And I think insurance companies lobby them to keep the population low.

This year will on Watchusett will be less and next even less as if the lesson learned from quabbin hunts is it doesnt take many years of controlled hunts to thin the herd in MA.

We dont have that many deer to begin with west of 495. Drive out to states like PA, NY and SW CT. They have lots of deer.

they still do this, when I lived in Mass. I won the lottery the first year they had it. I shot a doe that was 3.5 or 4.5 years old, and was less than 100 lbs.
Bill

Back
Top Bottom