• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Maine zone 16 anyone?

Headed up there to walk some land available. Would be (hopefully) my little whitetail paradise after some cleaning up and getting some food plots in.

Any locals that hunt this zone able to offer up their field reports over the past few seasons?
I didn’t see much for ag fields but then again I took highway up and hwy4

appreciate it

I hunt mostly unit 18. I have a camp in unit 15, but too small to hunt. But do see tracks going through when I am not there.
I just checked on the Maine Inland fisheries and wildlife website, and they give out 6450 doe permits this year, so that is a good sign.
Also, unit 15 and 16 are next to each other, so you could be near me, depending on the actual town you would be in.

Last edited:
I hunt mostly unit 18. I have a camp in unit 15, but too small to hunt. But do see tracks going through when I am not there.
I just checked on the Maine Inland fisheries and wildlife website, and they give out 6450 doe permits this year, so that is a good sign.
Also, unit 15 and 16 are next to each other, so you could be near me, depending on the actual town you would be in.
The piece I’m looking at is zone 12 upon closer inspection. The reported harvest numbers look healthy but that could be all 130lb spikes, who knows.

i do see a handful of good sized Apple orchards around but nothing of interest abutting this particular parcel. Did flush some ruffed grouse on the drive in so that’s promising.

do you have experience with forest management or just take what you can get out there?

The piece I’m looking at is zone 12 upon closer inspection. The reported harvest numbers look healthy but that could be all 130lb spikes, who knows.

i do see a handful of good sized Apple orchards around but nothing of interest abutting this particular parcel. Did flush some ruffed grouse on the drive in so that’s promising.

do you have experience with forest management or just take what you can get out there?
If you're dealing with a significant parcel, the MAINE TREE GROWTH TAX LAW might be worth looking into. Just something I became aware of while checking into properties.

Back
Top Bottom