• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

NH Zone M Tags Available Today!

OK - I'll ask. What's so special about Zone M?

The deer herd in A and B just sucks, so I'm considering taking my kids down for youth weekend to give them a chance at success. Do you think this would actually be worth the trip, or is this just another BS money grab like the Quabbin hunts in Mass?

The deer herd in A and B just sucks, so I'm considering taking my kids down for youth weekend to give them a chance at success. Do you think this would actually be worth the trip, or is this just another BS money grab like the Quabbin hunts in Mass?
Deer herd in zone m is massive they want the population down. Early season muzzle loader is an outstanding opportunity to fill some tags.

Zone M in NH holds deer because a lot of it is private land and semi urban, and somewhat unhuntable near the coast cause of population. Its shotgun zone mostly and it will be tougher to find land to hunt than up north or west. However, if you find decent land there's probably some deer around more than north or west.

I hunted deer in Zone M years ago, while I would not call the population massive, or anywhere near what my CT spots were. If you get towards the coast or in some real urban honey holes bowhunting spots can be productive, and if unhunted can hold some good herds in the small pockets for sure. I killed several deer in Zone M back in the day with the bow...........but my best bucks came from Zone K and H2 in the bigger woods. That said I also hunted K and H2 because it was closer to my house.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom