• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

W231

It seems that W231 is getting real hard to find. I have other powders that I can use but I'm down to my last 2 pounds and would like to buy at least 4 more pounds of it too last me until the supply of it improves.

Has any one seen any locally?

I can't find HP-38 or W231. I called a large company that sells powder and they said, They had a large order in for a couple of months and for some unknow reason there was none to be had.

Doh, I just checked several online suppliers that ship to friends in free states. They all seem to be out of both as well. It's what I use for all my lead loads in 9mm and .38spl. Looks like I may be shooting a lot more plated with titegroup when my current supply runs out.

I switched to Tight Group. I am using it in .40 and 9mm with lead and have had no problems.

I also switched to Titegroup but just ordered some n340 to try. Unique is right next to HP38 and W231 in burn rate and it's available. I used it for years before Titegroup was invented. Some people think it's too dirty but a lot of that smoke isn't from the powder. It's slower than Titegroup and may work better if you're loading lead bullets.

I'll cast a vote for WST, as well...
...but, truth be known, I will buy whatever is available and priced right, as a rule. (So...using Tite Group could also get my vote.)

Okay. Now that I cleared that up...

Back
Top Bottom