• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

W/POWER OF ARREST ONLY! Posts....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Me too. I think it has to do with a rent-a-cop type person that claimed he was LEO, purchased a Glock when only LEO could buy them, then transferred to his GF within a short period leading to him getting busted for being a straw buyer has something to do with it.

It is really annoying though.

As a newbie I didn’t want to call them out but I avoid the dealer section because this drives me insane. If you’re a Leo of any capacity then you already know (should know) what you can and can’t buy,

DILLIGAF?

I’ll buy what I want when I want and not pay regarded prices.
Take your LEO buyers and shove them up your ass was my first thought when I saw it.

I second this post. Chug till you choke *umrunner...

I think they got in trouble for selling to all first responders. Yeah, the titles are annoying.

title may be annoying, although before criticizing consider the following

1) the dealer is paying to list in the dealer section so he is supporting the forum

2) for blue label glocks they have to be sold to a specific eligible buyer. people often show up to a dealer thinking they are eligible then are pissed off when dealer says no. i know of several instances including a man who showed his "credentials" for the blue label glock, but turned out to be a crossing guard (I still belly laugh every time I think of this one)

3) with regards to selling glocks specifically, the FFLs did not write the shit gun laws in your state so perhaps let's not hold them responsible

Just as a reminder to those same dealers:

I am a dealer. May I re-stock my inventory of Assault Weapons for sales exclusively to law enforcement officers?
No. However, you may take orders for sales of Assault Weapons to law enforcement officers, and you may obtain those weapons from your distributor and possess them until you complete the transfer. When you do so, you must retain information sufficient to verify that the transferee is a law enforcement officer.

Its part of the definition of who is a LEO in MA:

Law Enforcement Officer: An individual who meets the definition of a law enforcement officer under 18 U.S.C. § 926B, specifically a person who: (a) is an employee of a governmental agency; (b) is authorized by law engage in or supervise the prevention, detection, investigation, or prosecution of, or the incarceration of any person for, any violation of law, and has statutory powers of arrest; (c) is authorized by the agency to carry a firearm; (d) is not the subject of any disciplinary action by the agency which could result in suspension or loss of police powers; (e) meets standards, if any, established by the agency which require the employee to regularly qualify in the use of a firearm; (e) is not under the influence of alcohol or another intoxicating or hallucinatory drug or substance; and (f) is not prohibited by Federal law from receiving a firearm.

The definition of Law Enforcement Officer shall include a full-time police commissioner of a police department that has only one police commissioner.

The definition of Law Enforcement Officer shall not include auxiliary officers, civilian dispatchers, personnel who are not police officers even though they may have been granted police authority, such as school crossing guards, animal control officers and community service officers, persons who have been granted police powers for the purpose of performing private details, employees of non-police organizations or government agencies who have special police powers, honorary police officers or elected or appointed officials who, by virtue of a city or town charter, special legislation or other mechanism are deemed to be "police commissioners" or otherwise have supervisory responsibility for a police agency

Some school/college "police depts" for example don't have arrest powers and aren't LEOs per this definition

You guys all know that you can own a glock . The dealer is just saying not from him. That same dealer is presently offering to sell you pre ban glocks that he has in stock. Lighten up guys.
Seriously it's annoying, but not nearly as annoying as the Gun Parlor repeatedly making posts lately with no prices which is against the rules and it's not like they are avoiding MAP with used products.
I do find it curious though because he is also advertising list firearms that are absolutely kosher being sold by your vanilla dealer that doesn't want to play with fire as LEO with power of arrest only.

Sure seems like there are ways that vendor could post his ads without pissing off so many potential customers including those of us that live in a free state and may have considered a purchase otherwise.....his business, his rules

Sure seems like there are ways that vendor could post his ads without pissing off so many potential customers including those of us that live in a free state and may have considered a purchase otherwise.....his business, his rules

It's easier for you guys just to put annoying ad posters on ignore and move on with your life. [laugh] Most of these posters don't contribute to the forum in any other meaningful way, so it ain't like you're going to miss something. (I think this bug has been fixed awhile ago so its possible to actually screen them out).

It’s kinda a Rooster tease, “LOOK WHAT YOU CAN’T HAVE”

Not really, because it's not actually true, but as Jeff Kunher would say "but, let's let that go...." [laugh]

-Mike

It's easier for you guys just to put annoying ad posters on ignore and move on with your life. [laugh] Most of these posters don't contribute to the forum in any other meaningful way, so it ain't like you're going to miss something. (I think this bug has been fixed awhile ago so its possible to actually screen them out).

-Mike

I ALMOST didnt even bother to look at this thread because I KNEW it would be unproductive........I really hate putting anyone on ignore because it just smacks of chicken shit/put your fingers in your ears and go "lalalalalalalala I cant hear you"........but I guess there very well may be a place for it when there are like FIFTY of these f***ing ads

I ALMOST didnt even bother to look at this thread because I KNEW it would be unproductive........I really hate putting anyone on ignore because it just smacks of chicken shit/put your fingers in your ears and go "lalalalalalalala I cant hear you"........but I guess there very well may be a place for it when there are like FIFTY of these f***ing ads

I look at it this way, it's no different than me reaching up and smacking the radio button off every time I hear the first hi-hat cymbal hit of the 1877 kars for kids song....

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom