Vote YES on Question #1

If you fall for this rhetoric, you might as well vote for Coakley and Patrick to complete the package.

Back, back, back, back, gone!!!!! And Len puts that on in to deep center field, back in to the cheap seats!

As for the kid things drinking wine. I knew a lot of kids in high school that drank wine.

Granted, they weren't talking over dinner with a bottle of a Red Zin.

But they were sucking back Boone's Farm, Mad Dog, and Cisco. I don't think it's going to happen now, but I'm just saying that a lot of kids bought it because you would get dunk faster and cheaper than buying beer.

But don't worry, D...I'm going to vote yes.

But per Len, I'm not supposed to look to peers, or this fourm, for Information. [smile]

Don't worry C-Pher is going to help the .gov raise and keep your kids safe... [smile] Horay for big government!

As for the kid things drinking wine. I knew a lot of kids in high school that drank wine.

Granted, they weren't talking over dinner with a bottle of a Red Zin.

But they were sucking back Boone's Farm, Mad Dog, and Cisco. I don't think it's going to happen now, but I'm just saying that a lot of kids bought it because you would get dunk faster and cheaper than buying beer.

But don't worry, D...I'm going to vote yes.

But per Len, I'm not supposed to look to peers, or this fourm, for Information. [smile]
Hey, you forgot Bali Hi! [laugh]

the only kids I knew that drank wine were altar boys....because they had easier access to it than beer. I don't like wine so I don't really care. If I'm going in a beer/liquor/wine hunt I go to the package store. If I need my 30 pack and I happen to be at the grocery store at the time I'll get it there.

I think what will happen is that stores will block of sections and eventually get full liquor marts attached to them and separate them with sliding glass doors...I don't know why they haven't done it already.

This wine thing is stupid. I'll vote for it just to speed up the process of supermarkets having their own liquor stores attached to the stores.

Eventually this will do to small business what the Home Depot and Lowes has done to small hardware stores...but it means cheaper prices for me so vote yes on 1!!!!

I think what will happen is that stores will block of sections and eventually get full liquor marts attached to them and separate them with sliding glass doors...I don't know why they haven't done it already.

Not a chance!! You haven't been reading much about this have you?

Full liquor licenses are LIMITED BY MGLs to THREE PER OWNER. So if Shaw's already has 3 ANYWHERE IN MA, they are "done"! This proposed law would be WINE ONLY, BUT IN ADDITION to the 3 ANYWHERE IN MA (full liquor).

Any place that carries mostly ripple, Bali hi, Boones Farm and other rot-gut wines won't survive economically for a few reasons:

- They will be targeted for enforcement, as they will know that the "target customer" is not responsible adults (but druggies, drunks, kids).

- If responsible adults looking for a Chardonnay or Bordeaux can't find it, they will go elsewhere and the expense of running the wine store won't bring a profit.

Not a chance!! You haven't been reading much about this have you?

Full liquor licenses are LIMITED BY MGLs to THREE PER OWNER. So if Shaw's already has 3 ANYWHERE IN MA, they are "done"! This proposed law would be WINE ONLY, BUT IN ADDITION to the 3 ANYWHERE IN MA (full liquor).

Any place that carries mostly ripple, Bali hi, Boones Farm and other rot-gut wines won't survive economically for a few reasons:

- They will be targeted for enforcement, as they will know that the "target customer" is not responsible adults (but druggies, drunks, kids).

- If responsible adults looking for a Chardonnay or Bordeaux can't find it, they will go elsewhere and the expense of running the wine store won't bring a profit.

time will tell...

Here on the Cape, we get raped when it comes to liquor sales. Competition is where its at. I will still go to the liquor store to by quality wine.

...But while you're hardware store did good, I can't say that's it's like that for all small guys. I've seen them open 2 Lowe's and a Home Depot close to where I live. From that, I've seen two Ace Hardware's and One True Value close. ...

Wait, I thought Ace and True Value were big chains. That is why I drive past them on the way home and go later or on Saturday to the "real" hardware store.

I just thought of something. Grocery stores selling liquor is like hardware stores selling guns and ammo. Could be a good concept. Imagine going back to the concept of a "real" General Store where you can buy batteries, milk, ammo, beer, gas, cigars, and bait all in one stop? Oh, and get a cup of coffee and the latest news about where the fish are biting or the speed trap is set or whatever? Calgon, take me away!

C-pher, have you tried reading the actual text and explanation in that little red book delivered to EVERY household in MA? Or stacked up on the counter at every USPO in MA?

It's put out by the Secretary of State's Office IIRC and explains both sides of the issues on the ballot questions. It's not great, but does an adequate job.

http://www.sec.state.ma.us/ele/elepip/pipidx.htm

Last edited:
Wait, I thought Ace and True Value were big chains. That is why I drive past them on the way home and go later or on Saturday to the "real" hardware store.

I just thought of something. Grocery stores selling liquor is like hardware stores selling guns and ammo. Could be a good concept. Imagine going back to the concept of a "real" General Store where you can buy batteries, milk, ammo, beer, gas, cigars, and bait all in one stop? Oh, and get a cup of coffee and the latest news about where the fish are biting or the speed trap is set or whatever? Calgon, take me away!

the ultimate dream store.....won't happen here.

They us a large name to help. But most of those are small little guys that own the shop.

Like, Mark's True Value.

Or

John's Ace Harware

But each one that I've been too has been smaller or about the same size of an Arb's. And it sucks because I used to use the little guy in the Ocean Fresh Parking lot all the time. But the kids that were working there were saying that they were slowly getting slower because the prices at Lowes and Home Depot.

They closed about a month ago... Now I have no one really to go to except Lowes. I still try to hit Arb's here and there...but they aren't carrying as much as they used too...

Back
Top Bottom