• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Vortex Awarded OTA for Army’s Next Gen Squad Weapon Fire Control

The solution to all your red dot problems comes in an Aimpoint box. Your rifle is trash if you can't aim it, and the best warranty in the world won't help you when your RDS shits the bed when things go bump in the night, or you're taking a class in the middle of nowhere. The PRO is what, $400? Small price for peace of mind. I'm not saying Aimpoint is unable to put out a lemon, because they absolutely are. But if you're of the mindset that your primary arms micro enhanced is just as good as a t2, you need to get your squash checked.

This is in the news again...

Lol they won a contract to produce a scope the military will probably never actually use for anything.

For those wondering, remember how many RFPs weve seen for:

<insert pic of gun shop commando placeholder guy here, with mouth open, spittle, bad breath, etc probably some fat guy with suspenders>

"dah millutary is going to replace the m9!" (that went on for like 20 years)
"dah millutary is going to replace the 5.56 with (insert boutique caliber nobody uses here) "
"dah millutary is going to replayce the m4/m16 with (insert some weird gun here)...
Some parts of this post didn't age well. Per the link from Reptile above.

Chinese 💩
The Copperhead series is manufactured in China
The Copperhead series is manufactured in China
The Strike Eagle series is also manufactured in China
The Diamondback scopes are produced in China
Diamondback Tactical scopes are manufactured in the China

Just thinking chicom 💩 makes me [puke2]

Obummer starts to sell us out - On August 11, 2009, the FAR was amended to include Taiwan as a designated country under the Trade Agreements Act. 74 Fed. Reg. 40458 (Aug. 11. 2009) at 40461 2.

I just bought a Leupold rimfire scope for my CZ model 4, I was pleasantly surprised to find out it was made in the US, I would have thought for sure it would have been made in some Pac-rim country.

81% supplied by china (+3% taiwan)

Last edited:
Obummer starts to sell us out - On August 11, 2009, the FAR was amended to include Taiwan as a designated country under the Trade Agreements Act. 74 Fed. Reg. 40458 (Aug. 11. 2009) at 40461 2.

9/10 high quality semiconductor manufacturing plants are in Taiwan. The only other one is in South Korea.

Taiwan are allies. You realize that, right?

Some parts of this post didn't age well. Per the link from Reptile above.

Still doesn't mean anything. DOD buys lots of shit or sets up contracts and then craps out on them later. I'll actually believe it when i see those things during the next war that Xiden starts with brown people.

I'd agree on the Crossfire series as they are made in China and I've heard mixed reviews on them. Their top of the line Razor and Viper scopes are made in Japan though and are pretty good. Have to imagine they would start making these at their Japan facility or even open up a new US facility to provide for the .mil contract.

im not aware of any viper line scopes made in japan

Back
Top Bottom