Votes: 281 49.4%
  • I would not but must in order to work - or other requirement

Votes: 44 7.7%
  • I will of my own volition

Votes: 219 38.5%
  • I will AND it is required of me for work - or other reason

Votes: 25 4.4%

• Total voters
Last flu shot I got was 2 years ago. Within 24 hrs I started feeling bad. Got sick as a dog with flu like symptoms and a few weeks later got my first ever pneumonia. I think it just wrecks my immune system.

One of my clients is a scientist who until Covid had been working on cancer meds. Now switched over to working on Covid.
I also have a bad reaction to flu shots which makes me just as sick as the flu which is why I won't get this one. I rarely get any type of viral infection. He said people with a certain type of immune system or immune response really shouldn't get flu type vaccines. I can't remember what it was called.
When I see him this week I'm going to ask what it's called.

I thought it was interesting that even though he is pro vaccine he will not let his kids get a vaccinated for more that one type of illness at a time. I bet his insurance company hates that.

I've never had a bad flu shot experience and get them every year. The only real adverse reaction I've had was with Smallpox and that f***ed me up for almost a month. Arm all infected and everything. Luckily on the last jump before deploying, I landed on that arm-popped everything and was fine the next day. No issues with Anthrax or GG.

I'm still not getting the covid shots.

No shit guy. Did you take the ASVAB before joining the Navy?

If you go back and read the post "immediately" prior to my earlier post, you will see he was speaking of reactions within 10 minutes.
I did take the asvab test which placed me either in the nuclear or advanced avionics programs, my choice. I went with avionics. Subs were definitely not for me and I didn't want to wallow around in the bowels of an aircraft carrier working on reactors.

I did take the asvab test which placed me either in the nuclear or advanced avionics programs, my choice. I went with avionics. Subs were definitely not for me and I didn't want to wallow around in the bowels of an aircraft carrier working on reactors.

I guess your reading comprehension regressed while you were in. Then again we all get older. My spelling has completely turned to crap over the last few years. I'm amazed at how bad my spelling and grammar has gotten.

I'll think about it after about a year and see how it works out for others. There was no option for that on the poll.

This is where I'm at.

One person has already had a bad reaction to it. Sure, the news is saying that person is 'doing fine', but I've been lied to at so many levels I'm not quite ready to roll up the sleeve. I still remember the docu-drama "I am Legend".

I'm on my 3rd quarantine, my first test came back negative this time. I rode around with a guy who tested positive for 3 days in the same truck. I'll get tested again in a few days before going back to work. If I'm still negative, I'm going to get the antibody test.

I am lucky enough to be able to work from home. I rarely leave my home and do mask up and sanitize when I do. I will avoid/delay as long as I can. I want to see the real world safety data--not just controilled trial data. I work at an academic health center. The hospital side requires flu shots but the university side does not. I hope that remains the same for the covid vaccine.

More than likely I will but I think I'll wait awhile until after any side effects are known from
experimenting testing it out on the black population first.

One of my clients is a scientist who until Covid had been working on cancer meds. Now switched over to working on Covid.
I also have a bad reaction to flu shots which makes me just as sick as the flu which is why I won't get this one. I rarely get any type of viral infection. He said people with a certain type of immune system or immune response really shouldn't get flu type vaccines. I can't remember what it was called.
When I see him this week I'm going to ask what it's called.

I thought it was interesting that even though he is pro vaccine he will not let his kids get a vaccinated for more that one type of illness at a time. I bet his insurance company hates that.

Yeah, I think since the flu vaccine is dead virus and the Covid vaccines they're using are going to make your body generate virus-like proteins, your body may not have the same reaction to it. Or could be worse.

FYI-You can get covid again. It's still rare but there are plenty of documented cases.
I would be VERY curious about the precise circumstances of these patients, especially other factors relating to immune health or compromise.

I'm still very much of the opinion that immune response to this (and other coronaviruses) is more T-cell than B-cell activity.

I would be VERY curious about the precise circumstances of these patients, especially other factors relating to immune health or compromise.

I'm still very much of the opinion that immune response to this (and other coronaviruses) is more T-cell than B-cell activity.

A co-worker’s wife had COVID in March and then again at the end of November. Fairly symptomatic both times with fever, fatigue, loss of smell/taste. Slightly sicker second time, but not hospitalized either time. In her early 50s, thin, healthy.

FYI-You can get covid again. It's still rare but there are plenty of documented cases.

It could happen, but considering this "illness" is the mildest virus I have ever had, I'm not too worried.

And my wife has literally never had a cold or flu once in her life. Even after being most definitely heavily exposed to them (by me). Whatever we had 3 weeks ago only affected her for about 5 hours.

In her early 50s, thin, healthy.
That doesn't really say anything about immune system state, though, or even overall health. Again, the likely reason I got hit like I did:
which, honestly, other than a lifetime history of breathing problems (typically dx as "asthma" and "allergies"), I wouldn't have even known about were it not for an offhand comment my father made as we were walking through Denver International on the way to my aunt's memorial: "Maybe it's that thing that runs in the family..." [thinking]

Meanwhile, mountain biker and gymrat.

I guess your reading comprehension regressed while you were in. Then again we all get older. My spelling has completely turned to crap over the last few years. I'm amazed at how bad my spelling and grammar has gotten.
I guess what I was trying to get across is that the effects of the flu shots I took didn't manifest themselves for days...hanging around for even a couple of hours, waiting for "something" to happen, wouldn't have worked for me.

They will when they find out they don't have a job or a place to go without a card proving it.
I think statements like that are people talking themselves into cucking I have to or they won't give me lollipops. Ever try saying no to a bad idea? At least 50% of the country are in the f'no category. Many doctors and most of the people you need to have clean running water. None of that matters if 10% say no that is enough to have a separate economy. Let the vaxxed swim with the vaxxed. It will be a grand experiment in common sense to see whose society works better. And which one goes extinct.

This is from Pfizer. The blue line is people who got the placebo. The red line is people who got the vaccine. After a few days, almost none got Covid.

54737670-8718-412D-87D1-36ABA09AD9EF.jpeg

The Shingrix shingles vaccine injection site hurt like a bugger for the first dose. My arm hurt for a week.

Make sure you don't take that one either, shingles isn't that bad and what are your chances? Have you heard that taking antibiotics makes your pecker fall off?

I got the shingrix, sick as a dog for 24-36 hours after both injections.

I've had shingles, in my 30s, and 1 in 3 adults will vs whatever the real covid numbers are, they don't exist...also, it was not hurried up and forced on anyone

My employer requires seasonal flu vaccinations (healthcare employer). Also when I got their job offer, I had to provide evidence of a bunch of vaccinations I should have received as a child. I didn't feel like finding all that paperwork so I ended up giving a blood sample which they ran a bunch of tests on and confirmed I was at the appropriate level of vaccination.

As for covid-19, employer came out saying they are not making covid-19 mandatory for 2020-2021 but who knows after that. Normally vaccines are tested for YEARS. This one was obviously not. Also, Pfizer and Moderna are using a new-ish type of vaccine tech called mRNA. I'm very concerned about taking a vaccine with new-ish tech and with very little testing. We don't know what the long term side effects are years from now.

A huge personal concern for my wife and I is there was zero testing done on women who are pregnant or women who become pregnant shortly after vaccination. Wife and I were having conversations about starting a family right before the pandemic hit. We put those plans on hold indefinitely since the world is too unstable for us right now and we don't want to complicate our lives any more than they already are. Unfortunately my wife is getting close to the high risk age for pregnancy complications so we're kind of like WTF do we do.....

Right now we're a "wait and see how things go over the next several months" type attitude.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think since the flu vaccine is dead virus and the Covid vaccines they're using are going to make your body generate virus-like proteins, your body may not have the same reaction to it. Or could be worse.
The influenza vaccine is made from inactivated, or dead virus. This is the intramuscular injection. The nasal spray, FluMist, is a live but very weak virus. Some people get flu like symptoms after vaccine, but that's most likely an immune response the body has after vax. Some get sick because they have been exposed to the flu. It takes about 2 weeks to become immune after the vax.

Last edited:
Well there is NO way I want to take this; if this vaccine is effective then let those most vulnerable take it. If it works then why do I need to be vaccinated? These masks work GREAT at slowing it right? I am mostly fearful that it may be mandated by my employer; if so I may go religious exemption (or at least try). It easy to say *quit* but I am not in a financial position to do so....

Second concern is that I have family, friends and property/cottage in Canada. If I want to go over the border they may mandate it as well....easy for the peanut gallery to say eff the Canucks but not a realistic idea to sell a property that has been in the family for generations.

The best outcome is I do NOT HAVE to take it; the worst is I delay it for as long as possible......bitching all the way.

i don't rate vaccines by injection site reactions but by if it will help me. like mr. @SpaceCritter, i'm at risk also.

if you've know anyone who had shingles that isn't exactly a entirely true statement. depending on where the outbreak is located, the person suffers terribly and for usually a few weeks until it runs its course. and that's not the end, it can come back.

i've been lucky, never had it but i also didn't have the vaccine until 2 years ago. my bitch was the cost of my co-pay, 40 bucks for each of the 2 shots. i was lucky and didn't suffer any localized pain at the injection site or have any side effects. my pharmacist told me that was rare.
I remember when my mom had shingles years ago. It involved her eye and forehead and was very painful for weeks.
I got my Shingrex in August and October and like you, no pain or side effects.

My employer requires seasonal flu vaccinations (healthcare employer). Also when I got their job offer, I had to provide evidence of a bunch of vaccinations I should have received as a child. I didn't feel like finding all that paperwork so I ended up giving a blood sample which they ran a bunch of tests on and confirmed I was at the appropriate level of vaccination.

As for covid-19, employer came out saying they are not making covid-19 mandatory for 2020-2021 but who knows after that. Normally vaccines are tested for YEARS. This one was obviously not. Also, Pfizer and Moderna are using a new-ish type of vaccine tech called mRNA. I'm very concerned about taking a vaccine with new-ish tech and with very little testing. We don't know what the long term side effects are years from now.

A huge personal concern for my wife and I is there was zero testing done on women who are pregnant or women who become pregnant shortly after vaccination. Wife and I were having conversations about starting a family right before the pandemic hit. We put those plans on hold indefinitely since the world is too unstable for us right now and we don't want to complicate our lives any more than they already are. Unfortunately my wife is getting close to the high risk age for pregnancy complications so we're kind of like WTF do we do.....

Right now we're a "wait and see how things go over the next several months" type attitude.
No vaxx and have kids now. Winners have kids, start now and have as many as possible. NES is always 'how do we save the nation?' have lots of kids. Country wracked by war? winners are the ones who have kids.

Start jumping and humping and start your family. Don't let this brainwashing BS cloud what common sense will tell you. It really is that simple.

The Shingrix shingles vaccine injection site hurt like a bugger for the first dose. My arm hurt for a week.

Make sure you don't take that one either, shingles isn't that bad and what are your chances? Have you heard that taking antibiotics makes your pecker fall off?
Back in the mid 90's my grandmother had shingles so bad she almost killed herself and acquired permanent nerve damage. For weeks she did nothing but cry in pain, literally nothing helped until it cleared up. Not a god damned thing.

If you want to throw the dice at that because your arm gets a charlie horse, you're retarded.

My guess is by the time the Covid vaccine becomes tested/proven enough for anyone to really require it, outside of some very specific occupations maybe, covid will be impertinent.

If half the country either has had the disease or vaccination, it is barely going to exist in a couple months, the "at risk" community will generally be part of the vaccinated groups so deaths will cease. There won't be a reason for a company to push it IMO.

Back in the mid 90's my grandmother had shingles so bad she almost killed herself and acquired permanent nerve damage. For weeks she did nothing but cry in pain, literally nothing helped until it cleared up. Not a god damned thing.

If you want to throw the dice at that because your arm gets a charlie horse, you're retarded.

My brother got them at about 34 and I got them at about 36. Must be hereditary.

For me were strange bumps on my neck, for him was a rash on his side, was a total non issue. I had side effects I didn't like to the anti viral meds and stopped taking them after a couple days, within two weeks gone, was out tuna fishing on multi day trips in that "condition" (captain had chicken pox as a kid, was aware and wasn't worried).

Being young I am sure helped but was absolutely nothing.

Back
Top Bottom