• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Poll: Gun ownership reaches record high with American electorate

Reptile

NES Member
A record share of voters in NBC News' latest poll say that they or someone in their household owns a gun.

More than half of American voters -- 52% -- say they or someone in their household owns a gun, per the latest NBC News national poll.

That's the highest share of voters who say that they or someone in their household owns a gun in the history of the NBC News poll, on a question dating back to 1999.

In 2019, 46% of Americans said that they or someone in their household owned a gun, per an NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll. And in February 2013, that share was 42%.

"In the last ten years, we've grown [10 points] in gun ownership. That's a very stunning number," said Micah Roberts of Public Opinion Strategies, a Republican polling firm that co-conducted the poll with members of the Democratic polling firm Hart Research.

"By and large, things don't change that dramatically that quickly when it comes to something as fundamental as whether you own a gun," Roberts added.

Gun ownership does fall along partisan lines, as it has for years, the poll finds.

Continues...

I like polls when the majority agrees with me 😉

But as gun ownership moves up the Overton Window again (Unthinkable - Radical - Acceptable - Sensible - Popular - Policy) fewer of those polled will hide their gun owning status. I think more MAGA Trumpers are hiding than gun owners now!

Comments follow the usual pattern:
1. Anti-gunner make assertion w/o evidence
2. Pro-gunner provides evidence
3. Anti-gunner rejects evidence as erroneous or incomplete
4. Repeat a few cycles of 2-3
5. Anti-gunner says, since their request for evidence wasn’t satisfied, their assertion stands

How many of you would answer questions from an NBC Poll on your cellphone. Exactly……
I answer every poll truthfully as i don't own any guns at all... because they are dangerous

Unrelated note anyone know if the stock. Adapter from a stribog spa1 fits an spa3

Many years ago I was sitting in a grad level marketing class in a free state, and the instructor asked how many of us were gun owners. Some responded, I did not. Then he asked how many had a gun in their car, then how many had a gun on them personally. Some folks responded - this was a gun friendly state. I never responded, but I had a Beretta 21A in my jeans pocket. You have to take any results with a big grain of salt.

Many years ago I was sitting in a grad level marketing class in a free state, and the instructor asked how many of us were gun owners. Some responded, I did not. Then he asked how many had a gun in their car, then how many had a gun on them personally. Some folks responded - this was a gun friendly state. I never responded, but I had a Beretta 21A in my jeans pocket. You have to take any results with a big grain of salt.
What happened to the people that had one on them now?? Percentages for each question??

Why were they even asking these questions?

I like polls when the majority agrees with me 😉

But as gun ownership moves up the Overton Window again (Unthinkable - Radical - Acceptable - Sensible - Popular - Policy) fewer of those polled will hide their gun owning status. I think more MAGA Trumpers are hiding than gun owners now!

Comments follow the usual pattern:
1. Anti-gunner make assertion w/o evidence
2. Pro-gunner provides evidence
3. Anti-gunner rejects evidence as erroneous or incomplete
4. Repeat a few cycles of 2-3
5. Anti-gunner says, since their request for evidence wasn’t satisfied, their assertion stands
Isn’t this any argument with a leftist on any topic?

Remember many gun owners are OK with "common sense" gun laws and sh*t like red flags. Including many on this forum.

Note the rise in liberal gun owners. That’s the stat to follow. How many of them are red pilled by things like MA’s licensing delays and hoops. Or news that law X will make their gun illegal or them a felon in waiting.

”Notable, though, is that the numbers are increasing the fastest on the left side of the aisle. In 2019, 64% of Republican voters reported that their household had a firearm, compared with 33% of Democrats. The figure for Republicans has risen two points over four years, compared with eight for Democrats.

Twenty-four percent of black voters were in gun households in 2019. Today it’s 41%, up 17 points. Over the same period, the number for white voters rose three points, to 56% from 53%.”

That 8% increase in Democrat/17% increase in Black gun owners statistics sounds promising, but remember these new gun owners probably lived outside states & cities that make simple gun ownership onerous, likely bought a pistol or shotgun, might be OK with 10rd magazines, oppose AR-15 ownership and are Democrats that managed to buy guns despite the Biden/Democrat anti-gun platform.

They will vote for Biden until someone comes after their guns.

Back
Top Bottom