AUTISM FUNDRAISER MATCH - APRIL 14TH 2013

https://www.facebook.com/events/597153616968872/

USPSA Pistol match

MATCH DONATION $40.00

Harvard Sportsmen's Club

8:15AM - Registration
9:15AM - Shooters Meeting
9:30AM - or shortly after! Match will begin

Proceeds from this match will go to the NICHOLAS JAMES FOUNDATION. This foundation was set up in the name of my own son who has Autism. All donations go directly to local children affected by Autism.

Nicholas James Foundation, Inc.* - Welcome

We will be selling raffle tickets the day of the match for various items sent to us from sponsors.

Last year we raised over $7000.00

Your caring support of the Nicholas James Foundation has and will continue to help make a real difference in the lives of local children affected by Autism.

In 2012 the Nicholas James Foundation, Inc. gave 8 iPads to local children, 6 iPads to Special Education Classrooms and 2 iPads to Speech Pathologists who each work with over 20 local children affected by Autism.

We were also able to mentor 22 parents of newly diagnosed children in the Leominster and Fitchburg area.

Without all of you, none of this would have been possible.

1 in 88 Children are affected by Autism.

We hope that you will continue to support us in our efforts to help local children affected by Autism again this year.

Stacy L. Maillet
Nicholas James Foundation, Inc.

Ear Safety Systems will be on site again this year to make plugs at the match: Receive $5.00 off of your purchase that day. $10.00 for every set made will be donated to the Nicholas James Foundation.

We have already received some great stuff from:

Brownells World's Largest Supplier of Gun Parts, Gunsmith Tools & Shooting Accessories - Brownells
Ear Safety Systems EAR SAFETY SYSTEMS - Home
Sig Sauer Academy Firearm safety, concealed carry, police and military training, executive protection
Evolution Gun Works Evolution Gun Works Inc..
Jay Hirshberg https://www.facebook.com/ChampionShooting - Jay Hirshberg
Midway USA Shop Shooting Supplies | Reloading | Gunsmithing | Hunting gear ? MidwayUSA
TAC-SCI TAC-SCI: Supplements to Improve Focus and Protect Vision
Freedom Gun Works Freedom Gunworks
Robertson Trading Post http://www.robertsontradingpost.com/
Guns and Gear https://www.gunsandgearoutlet.com/l-23-retail-location.aspx
Tactical Defense Solutions Tactical Defense Solutions LLC - Specializing In High Quality Supplies For The Critical Shooter
SVI Infinity Firearms
Apex Tactical Welcome to Apex Tactical Specialties, Inc.
Four Seasons Firearms FS Latest Arrivals
New England Tactical New England Tactical | Firearms Training and Accessories
Allchin Gun Parts Welcome to Allchin Gun Parts
Mark Kauder

Last edited:
IN! Of course ;) I am looking forward to this (and your pre-match speech) again! How much did the match raise last year?

Should do a press release to get the word out and to help some of the uneducated / anti-gun folks realize that our community is not a bunch of nuts and criminals. We actually do a lot of good for others while at the same time utilizing our demonized equipment.

We always get the bad press. It is time to try and get some good press for once.

Unable to attend as I will not be shooting pistol by then. If you could PM your address or e mail to me, I will send a match fee.

That is very nice thank you. Sorry you will not be able to attend [sad2]

Nicholas James Foundation, Inc.
14A Fernwood Dr
Leominster, Ma 01453

IN! Of course ;) I am looking forward to this (and your pre-match speech) again! How much did the match raise last year?

Should do a press release to get the word out and to help some of the uneducated / anti-gun folks realize that our community is not a bunch of nuts and criminals. We actually do a lot of good for others while at the same time utilizing our demonized equipment.

We always get the bad press. It is time to try and get some good press for once.

We raised over $7000.00 [grin] Last year. I sent a press release out before and after the match last year to many local papers.. None of them published it! But, I plan on trying again this year anyway.

We raised over $7000.00 [grin] Last year. I sent a press release out before and after the match last year to many local papers.. None of them published it! But, I plan on trying again this year anyway.

You never know. With all of the gun stuff going on right now somebody might publish it. Hell they should do a story on it. It is an excellent event! Not to mention its fun too.

You never know. With all of the gun stuff going on right now somebody might publish it. Hell they should do a story on it. It is an excellent event! Not to mention its fun too.

I have sent a message to Shannon Mulaire of Fox Morning news. She is an expectant Mother and will hopefully contact Stacy. I linked the Nicholas James Foundation web page in the message and asked her to watch the video. We will see if it does any good.

Looks like some local papers may be interested in covering the match this year. (fingers crossed)

This was a great match last year. Plan on lots of great stages, and a longish day - if the weather is good, there will probably be about 125 people there. Think "sectional quality" without the label.

What's the cores of fire like. I have never done this before. Can you use
Stock pistols or do they have to be race type pistols.
I plan on attending where do we sign up?

It depends on what you call stock, and race guns. It will probably be 6 stages with one or two long stages, a couple medium and couple short. (up to 32, 18, 10-12 rounds)
What pistol do you have, how many magazines and holster?

You sign up day of event, plan on getting there around 8:30ish.
You will need your gun (9mm or larger), a holster that fully covers the trigger guard, and some way to carry your mags (can be pockets if you don't have anything else)
200rnds of ammo is what I usually bring
USPSA matches are COLD RANGE so do not take your gun out of the bag until someone has explained the safe table and proper procedures...maybe someone will type them up here for you, if not I can in a while. If you carry please find a range officer when you arrive to assist you in unloading your carry gun.

There are some videos I posted in this thread that will give you an idea of what the sport is like, and some info on a great upcoming class on the subject.

hope to see you at the match, it's a good time and a great cause

My son has autism and his name is also Nicholas James!!! [shocked] I have never shot in any matches but I will be there to support the cause. Is there a learning curve for noobs or am I gonna slow people way down? I hope to learn more about shooting matches soon. Awesome event thanks for bringing awareness and funds to the cause.

Here is my son:
View attachment 56795

My son has autism and his name is also Nicholas James!!! [shocked] I have never shot in any matches but I will be there to support the cause. Is there a learning curve for noobs or am I gonna slow people way down? I hope to learn more about shooting matches soon. Awesome event thanks for bringing awareness and funds to the cause.

Here is my son:
View attachment 56795

No worries about slowing anyone down, matches in general are very tolerant and understanding of new shooters because we were all there once ourselves. obey all the safety rules and you will be welcomed. Events like this attract people who don't otherwise compete so it's a great time to give it a try as you won't be the only newbie there. It will be asked at the shooters meeting before the match starts but in case it isn't - remember to tell your range officer that it's your first match and you will get extra guidance on the commands/rules/etc.

I don't shoot USPSA. But not to let a good opportunity for a good cause get away,I have sent in a donation.

My son has autism and his name is also Nicholas James!!! [shocked] I have never shot in any matches but I will be there to support the cause. Is there a learning curve for noobs or am I gonna slow people way down? I hope to learn more about shooting matches soon. Awesome event thanks for bringing awareness and funds to the cause. ]

Anyone interested but new to USPSA check this out
http://www.northeastshooters.com/vb...-gun-gear-uspsa-autism-match.html#post2977242

Last year, the match organizers recruited a whole s-load of prizes, both for give away and raffle stuff. Not much big stuff, but loads of doo-dads, and plenty of stuff for a raffle. I know there will be some stuff (parts, not a complete gun) on the table because I had a chat with Sandy Strayer about the match this morning.

Back
Top Bottom