USPSA - American Firearms School 2008 schedule

First match.

Great! Have fun but remember to go slow and get all of your hits. Don't try to emulate guys like Matt or Steve right away. Speed comes with time. Have fun and get all "A's".

Michael.

Fun time today. It was nice to get some shooting in and knock some rust off.

Congrats to Mike (Supermoto), the practice is showing. Also, Pete showed up and really went to town. He soldily had the match with our first three stages. Very impressive!

Fun time today. It was nice to get some shooting in and knock some rust off.

Congrats to Mike (Supermoto), the practice is showing. Also, Pete showed up and really went to town. He soldily had the match with our first three stages. Very impressive!

Thanks Steve! I was shooting really well until my last stage. I hit the 2nd steel and started up range but noticed the steel didn't fall. I then had to back track and reshoot the steel. Then trying to make up time (which can't be done) I hit the 3rd to last target in the upper black portion so I got a nice Mike!!! OOOPS

I'm glad to be back and it was very fun indeed. Congrats to Mike and Steve for 1st and 2nd. It was nice to be welcomed back and thanks for all the help.

Pete

Thanks Guys, It was a fun match. Looks like Open is going to be a battle this year.

I would like to thank Noidlight (Rob C.) and Al S. for helping me run the squad today. It can take away from your game and make you feel rushed, so I appeciate the help. We had a lot of new shooters, they all shot well and were very safe. I hope to see them all at the next match.

Pete, the same think happened to Rob on that stage. He hit both steels, started moving, stopped, went back, then both of the steel fell. I re-set the steel after that, but it still seemed to cause issues

For anyone new.. the scores can be found here
http://uspsa-ne.org/results/20080113_afs.txt

I did a double-take and had to shoot one of those poppers twice as well. It was funny, in addition to falling really slow you didn't hear a hit like you would have outside either.

Thanks to everyone for running a great match- very well done. I was one of the several guys that went to the USPSA Intro class- I'd expect to see more of us in the future. ;) It was good to meet some people and see such unbelievable talent. It's a very humbling experience indeed... makes me want to practice more ASAP!

Thanks to everyone for running a great match- very well done. I was one of the several guys that went to the USPSA Intro class- I'd expect to see more of us in the future. ;) It was good to meet some people and see such unbelievable talent. It's a very humbling experience indeed... makes me want to practice more ASAP!

Which squad did you shoot on? I would have liked to have introduced myself to you. I hope to see a lot of new shooters at all the matches this year. I saw quite a few new shooters today and ALL of them impressed me. Very focused, and most importantly SAFE. We're all here to help so if anyone has questions please ask away. There are several A and Master class shooters in this area so learn everything you can from these guys.

I did a double-take and had to shoot one of those poppers twice as well. It was funny, in addition to falling really slow you didn't hear a hit like you would have outside either.

I took an extra tenth to get a good solid sight picture on the 2 steel, especially with the no-shoot behind them. I took the 2nd popper as I was leaning forward to move. After reading Steve Anderson's time killers in the last Front Sight, I knew listening for steel would waste time.

Thanks for coming out. You shot well and helped out alot, thanks

Which squad did you shoot on? I would have liked to have introduced myself to you. I hope to see a lot of new shooters at all the matches this year. I saw quite a few new shooters today and ALL of them impressed me. Very focused, and most importantly SAFE. We're all here to help so if anyone has questions please ask away. There are several A and Master class shooters in this area so learn everything you can from these guys.

I was on Mike's squad so I didn't shoot with you. I asked Mike who you were after the match since I've seen many of your posts- I think you had left already. I was one of the few Single Stack shooters learning the ropes! I'll look for you next time... I have much to learn.

Pete, the same think happened to Rob on that stage. He hit both steels, started moving, stopped, went back, then both of the steel fell. I re-set the steel after that, but it still seemed to cause issues

Grrrrr! I couldn't believe that. I drew, took the two steel, stepped out of the box and didn't see them moving. Here I was saying to myself, " I can't believe I just missed those." I took a step back into the box and they both hit the ground. That's the last time I wait for a steel!

I did the same as you Mike. I started with the draw engaged the first steel and while leaning into getting out of the box I hit the 2nd steel and was starting my haul down range to engage the 2 paper targets when I noticed steel # 2 was still standing. I was already 4 or so steps down range when this happened. OOOPS!!! This is going to be a fun year for sure!!!

I won't be at the Feb. match because I have to go to Pella Iowa and I'm leaving on Sunday. My flight leaves at 2 so there is no way I'll be able to shoot the match and make it to Logan. So, I won't see you guys until the March match.

Lugnut, I'll def. find you at the March match if you're there. Single stack is a ton of fun. There is a lot to learn for sure but that's what makes this game so much fun.

Certainly did feel like I was shaking the rust off. And the vids of me proove it.[shocked] Might have been a little touch of the post football game flu too. [wink]

It was awesome to get back to it. After shooting nothing but my revos on steel since the last harvard match I forgot how much of a cannon my 40 feels like with full power loads. When the first two shots came out it instantly jarred my memory!

Pete you were shooting great today! The vids are uploading to youtube. I'll post links as soon as they are up. I have a bunch from our squad. We got pretty close you when you came back to take the steel again as the video will show.

Still can't get over how fast Scott was pumping out the doubles out of that open blaster! It was cool to see quite a few new faces (mostly on the other squad). I hope they join us when the outdoor season's bigger matches get going.

These are taking forever to upload tonight. I have three so far. More to follow.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jybm1-pr_so
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBB1lU7K7GU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQ9GZREHEYg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cz6DVy-cLEI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfFFvaa0RLE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCGQkWZLqGE

Last edited:
Scott,

I have you running the alley stage too. These things are just taking long to upload. I will put some more up tomorrow.

Santa must have delivered a lot of comp guns this past Christmas!
Looks like OPEN will be even tighter this year! 14 open shooters yesterday!, and clearly some have been practicing a little.
Good job guys..................

The question really is, is gun going to be for you or Heather? Or is uncle Dan working on hers?

We need more juniors and females, especially ones with Dad's like you.

Well...Heather needs to respect her mother and I a little bit more before she goes any further in her shooting training. She has gotten a bit to mouthy and I will not reward her for it. I have a nice airsoft Hi-cap here that she was supposed to get for Christmas...well, I still have it and she has no idea its here.

The squirt gun will be for me......

Dan's right...bunch of high performance sm. block Chevy parts are gathering as well.....

Matt,

Thanks for videoing the only clean stage I shot [mg]

Oh man, I'm glad I didn't go, after watching Scott get ready on that table stage, i'd have been standing around all day waiting for him to get ready.
Scott, women get dressed for their weddings faster than you load a gun and set it on a table.

scott.jpg

Not only did it take him forever to get started

He also started the stage incorrectly, as you can see from the picture

1. the gun was to be on the X
2. Hands on the knees not the table
3. You were suppose to start seated not standing [smile]

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom