• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

USPSA - American Firearms School 2008 schedule

Of course, you had 13 other people in yours; I was alone in mine!---Scrivener
That's because they are frightened of you.

Respectfully,

jkelly

It was good to get out today and shoot. I had fun watching the battle wage on in open class. All you guys needed was Pete and maybe PMD to throw some money in the pot too.

I am not sure why but this is the second match in a row where my head was just not in the game and my timing was off (no beer last night either!) Even on the classifier I spun around drew my pistol and forgot what I was supposed to be doing for a second or two[thinking][crying]

Thanks for posting the scores so quickly Matt. Take some of that Nyquil and get some ZZZZ's!

Wait a minute - I think I owe Steve $1.50.

Who owes Steve the rest? [shocked]

I have that you owe Steve $12.25

My math might be wrong
I figured it out as 400 total point. total points down equals points down + penalty points.
Steve 140+ 88+87+55=370
Matt 129+70+66+56=321 $19.75
Scott 140+71+82+58=351 $12.25
Rob 151+53+71+59=334 $16.50
Mike 134+15+70+50=269 $32.75

The way we were doing was by the difference in points. So I dropped 30, Matt dropped 84, for a 54 point difference at $.25, so he paid me $13.50 last night. Scott was a 6 point difference for $1.50and you're at $21.50. [grin]

Hey, thats alot better for me.

I can't believed I tanked that stage so bad. I wish I could have blamed it on the scope coming loose or something, but think I was moving my eyes off the target before I broke the shot and the gun started following

I am not sure why but this is the second match in a row where my head was just not in the game and my timing was off (no beer last night either!) Even on the classifier I spun around drew my pistol and forgot what I was supposed to be doing for a second or two[thinking][crying]

Matt, you just want to stay in C class, and clean up at the bigger matches.[smile]

You busted me! [smile] Only problem the prize money is all the same - $0.00.

I am really not sandbagging it though. I have been less than two % points away from "B" since the sectional match last summer! I'm at 58.65 now. Every time I think I am going to have that good classifier to put me up over the break I either have some kind of a malfunction or lose my cool and blow it. Its a personal goal right now - I'll make it there soon [wink]

Matt,
Just relax and have fun at it. The couple of classifiers you need will follow suit. At that point, I think you'll be a better rounded shooter, rather than simply a "classifier shooter".

Don't look at shooting classifiers any differently than other stages. They're just short stages we tend to see often.

+1. the beginning of last year I put alot of pressure on myself to move up in class. As a result, I would end up rushing the classifier, and making stupid mistakes. You will get to B easy, you have the skill, but you need to let it happen and not force it to happen.

We have a few openings in this weekends match at American Firearms School. This always happens at the March match since so many people sign up for the entire winter series in January, and that's a lot of time for plans to change.

Call AFS at 508-695-5869 if you wish to book a confirmed slot for the match on Sunday 3/14/08.

We have a few openings in this weekends match at American Firearms School. This always happens at the March match since so many people sign up for the entire winter series in January, and that's a lot of time for plans to change.

Call AFS at 508-695-5869 if you wish to book a confirmed slot for the match on Sunday 3/14/08.

I'm actually going to make it to one of these. What time does the match start?

Thanks,
-Cuz.

Anyone can get to the range earlier to help set up. We should be firing first shots around 9 so we can turn the range over as early as possible. Chris and I get there around 7:30

Very nice job running a quick and efficient match today. Everyone helped out nicely.

Thank you to AFS for hosting another series of winter matches.

Congrats to PistolPete for a solid consistent performance and coming out with his first match win.

Well run and lots of fun. Congrats Pete and nice to meet you. I hope that some of the great shooting I got to see rubs off on me some day. [wink]

Thanks to everyone that ran this match today... hope to see you at Harvard soon.

I was just about to add to my post that it was nice to have Dave and Rich join us. They can shoot and bust balls, they fit right in!

Yeah... Rick was kind of a little extra ball busting today. He ended up doing well in production too so that hurt worse. A few times I was watching people look at us like we were freaks. I can usually block it out but I can't blame him for my brain farts today.

I must say... both of us were watching you guys shoot and just saying to ourselves "How the F do they do it so fast?... I can't even just move my eyes that quick!"

Yes, it was definitely a lot of fun today. I can't believe I waited until the last match of the year to participate. The 2008 USPSA season has officially started (for me at least). I'm hoping I'll be able to get to more than just 1 match a month this season. Good squad with lots of help made everything go smoothly. And to top it all off I shot my first clean match in a very long time!

-Cuz.

Ok Cuz and lugnut, who were you guys? I wish I knew you were there, I would have introduced myself. Great match everyone and congrats Pete. Looks like I need to work on my marksmanship a little bit.

Congrats Pete, and Steve both well deserved wins. ScottB and I had a nice competition on who could shoot the fastest while missing the most amount of targets. The dot was nothing but a distraction getting in the way while I was yanking the trigger

Thanks everyone and congrats Steve... It was a fun match and it's been a great start to the year. Now I just need to shoot faster!!!! HAHA It was nice meeting you Dave. If you hang around long enough you'll be shooting faster than all of us... Now you just need to get to the Wed. night practices at Harvard.

Pete

Guys,

Sounds like I missed a good match today. I couldn't make it down this time.

I stayed around home and practiced on the steel racks at Danvers. But I was thinking about you guys shooting the match and checked the scores at about 2:00 today when I got home from the club.

Awsome job Pete & Steve.

Pete you must have been on fire to beat Matt today!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom