• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

US Navy Intercepts 1,400 Rifles in Arabian Sea

67ray

NES Member
WOW

and, ha-ha:

"The Navy also said that once the weapons and crew were removed, “U.S. naval forces determined the stateless vessel was a hazard to navigation for commercial shipping”. The smugglers’ boat was then promptly dispatched to Davy Jones’s Locker."

I’m unclear as to what gives ‘us’ the ‘right’ to board a ship in international waters, seize property and then disappear the vessel?

Because we can? We really need to start minding our own f***ing business again here pretty soon, or things aren’t going to continue to go our way. Bad actors or not, it shouldn’t be any concern to us where these guns were going unless headed for the US.

I’m unclear as to what gives ‘us’ the ‘right’ to board a ship in international waters, seize property and then disappear the vessel?

Because we can? We really need to start minding our own f***ing business again here pretty soon, or things aren’t going to continue to go our way. Bad actors or not, it shouldn’t be any concern to us where these guns were going unless headed for the US.

We're the World Police. We shouldn't be.

Convention on the Law of the Sea?

The short answer is Article 110 of the United Nations Convention on the Law of the Sea gives the US or other countries the right to board. Next, The Protocol against the Illicit Manufacturing of and Trafficking in Firearms gives them the right to seize the guns. Finally, for purposes of enforcement the United States treats stateless vessels as United States flag vessels, but I'm not sure which US law or regulation they assert gives them the right to sink it.

Note that should the owners of vessel challenge and prove by a preponderance of evidence that the seizure was in error, the US would have to compensate them. Ain't gonna happen in this sort of gun running case -- "the Secretary will disavow any knowledge of your actions."

Seized the rifles but sank the ship. Call me crazy, but I wouldn't be too surprised if these rifles end up in Chicago, NYC, etc

1641437153095.png

Who was it that said, "God is on the side of the bigger battalions? Or naval armaments.....whatever

You ask, "What gives us the right?"

I ask, "What stops us?"

Nothing, I guess!

Ahh yes, let's leave thousands upon thousands of rifles, ammunition, MRAPs, Helis and live animals in the middle east for our enemies to get a hold of, but let's show off 1400 AKs we took from some Jamoke in a boat.

Nice work boys!

Point of order - but don't blame the guys for the Afghanistan cluster f***

Fast and Furious II On the Open Seas.
Starring Merric Garland and Joe Biden.

You know since the 1st one was such a success. Got to keep those franchises alive.

Patriot Act 🤔🤔🤔

Seized the rifles but sank the ship. Call me crazy, but I wouldn't be too surprised if these rifles end up in Chicago, NYC, etc
Yup! That’s why whenever you debate ppl on gun control you ask them 2 questions:

1) Do you trust the Gov? Answer - no
2) If gun control passes who controls the guns? Answer - ………………😶

Back
Top Bottom