US ‘smart gun’ which opens with facial recognition fails during demonstration

Unless you are wearing gloves at the time...

I've never used a fingerprint sensor that worked quickly and reliably.
We have one that scans in under a second without having to touch it. Pretty reliable, I wouldn't trust my life on it

It wont fit in the size of a gun

It's gonna go the way of this POS, along with the $$$$ invested

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn08yZAC2V0

At the end Armatix didn't exist any more.

One of these was supposedly submitted for MA testing because it hit the roster.

I've never seen one of these in the wild, seems like a waste of resources- did it actually get tested or was it stamped through on merit? Can we see the proofs?

I'm not talking about learning BJJ. All I'm saying is that defensive shootings often happen within arms length such that you would be unable or unwise to bring the gun up to eye level. All the training I've had has been in that case to shoot from retention, with the gun close to my strong side. In that situation, the facial recognition sensor on the rear of the gun has no line of sight to your face and thus can't work. In other words, this gun is fatally flawed from its conception. Any gun that you can't shoot from a compromised position is a range toy not a defensive tool.
I agree with that. I was thinking if you need to retrieve an unsecured gun for example in a home invasion, and it’s not the last place you put it. Maybe the kids buried in the sandbox out back, you will need to quickly utilize some other options:
- run
- jump out a window
- muay Thai
- BJJ
- wrestling
- Louisville Slugger Series 5

The funniest part about all of this is that all these "safety" features are predicated on technology that has long since been bypassed by like 1 in 5 kids trying to unlock their parent's iphones while they're passed out on the couch after a few adult beverages.

Either of the sensors suffices to enable the gun to fire -- so as long as you can get your strong hand on the fingerprint sensor, the facial recognition camera isn't in play.

Still an over-engineered solution to a non-problem at an eye-watering price, but maybe all that is acceptable to their actual target market.
What if you cant get to it with your strong hand?

Let's stop trying to find an excuse to every scenario, this gun is plain and simple a piece of sh*t.

The finger print sensor is a piece of sh*t.
The facial recognition is a piece of sh*t.
The idea is a piece of sh*t.
The design is a piece of sh*t.

This thing will always fail, the entire idea is just stupid.

Last edited:
I agree with that. I was thinking if you need to retrieve an unsecured gun for example in a home invasion, and it’s not the last place you put it. Maybe the kids buried in the sandbox out back, you will need to quickly utilize some other options:
- run
- jump out a window
- muay Thai
- BJJ
- wrestling
- Louisville Slugger Series 5
If someone is stupid enough to let his/her kids play around with the gun because "muh facial recognition" ... that person deserves to be removed from the gene pool by the home invader.

Last edited:
A cool thing about the American experiment is that we're all free to have as many bad habits as we'd like.

At least, mostly...today.

Recalling that this is targeting the especially niche market of people who want it for the talismanic purpose of defense in a home where it can be left unlocked and still be trusted to be "child safe" they're probably not going to be wearing gloves and fighting from retention.

If someone breaks into their house and they can't get to the gun - they've already decided they're at the mercy of the invader.
I had a state trooper years ago tell me that if someone enters your home knowing you are there , they have already decided what your fate will be.
Act accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom