• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Updated: 6/21 - Winchendon "mini Appleseed" - Homework assignment!

Your interst level (answer only if you live in the area):

• Best idea since sliced bread! Yes, I'll be there!

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • I like the idea, but I wouldn't be able to attend regularly.

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • No thanks.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Best idea since the "Tom Rielly for AG"! (i.e. not on your life!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Went the BOD tonight:

They were enthusiastic about the program and it is now officially sponsored by the club! This means it is open to non-members, but there is a $2 fee per shooter to meet requirements of the club insurance.

They also were enthusiastic about hosting a full weekend long Appleseed shoot.

Matt

The weathers not looking good for tomorrow.

Think dry thoughts! (and a tarp to keep the ground water away)

Today: Rain, mainly before 2pm. High near 63. South wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

Hopefully it will clear in time.

I have to be at Monty Tech until 5pm for my daughter's rehearsal. I may get there just at 6pm. I'll try to get as much prep'd as I can before then.

If the weather is lousy, we'll work on offhand shooting from under the covered shooting stations tonight.

I don't feel like getting too wet!

Matt

Just me and Andy_in_NH tonight, but we may have picked up another for the next go 'round! Put up a flyer and a target

Andy: It was nice to meet you! You're a hell of shot!

We shot squares most of the evening, looking at groups and calling shots (with the other on the scope giving immediate feedback to the call and shot). It was pretty helpful for me. Did a little abbreviated rapid fire (20 rounds in 2 minutes, 5 shots per target), then ended with a few mags of shooting for fun.

I'm sure we could work something. Where do you go to school? Would Crak's shoot at Harvard be easier?

Heh, I'm well out of school. I was just using the "school night" phrase to mean I have to work that day. A 1/2 day event on a weekend would be excellent though. Someone needs to teach me how to sight in my AR.

Thanks Matt.

Thanks Matt, it was nice to meet you too.

Thanks for putting on the shoot. I had a good time. I look forward to doing it again!

The fact that it didn't rain was a big plus!!!

Hopefully next time there will be some more shooters!

Heh, I'm well out of school. I was just using the "school night" phrase to mean I have to work that day. A 1/2 day event on a weekend would be excellent though. Someone needs to teach me how to sight in my AR.
Thanks Matt.

Heck, we can do that just about any weekend. Others in the area can help with that too.

Matt

We won't be there on Sunday, sorry. This is a Mini, just 6 hours on Saturday afternoon. We'll have full Appleseeds on July 4th weekend (can't remember the range just now; I'll look it up tomorrow), and also August 16-17 in Brattleboro, VT and Aug 23-24 in East Granby, CT.

Don't forget July 19 and 20 at Jericho, VT. Day two will see shooting out to 600 yards! It's a great range, beautiful location, and a great opportunity.

I was there in October last year for the Appleseed that Nickle and crak ran (and ran well, I may add).

No worries Matt, once again it was a good time!

Dennis it was nice to meet you.

I think we all learned a thing or two tonight!

Live Free, Andy

Back
Top Bottom