• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Updated: 6/21 - Winchendon "mini Appleseed" - Homework assignment!

Your interst level (answer only if you live in the area):

• Best idea since sliced bread! Yes, I'll be there!

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • I like the idea, but I wouldn't be able to attend regularly.

Votes: 12 57.1%
  • No thanks.

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Best idea since the "Tom Rielly for AG"! (i.e. not on your life!)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Cdburns,

No problem, bring your bolt action. Semi auto would make life easier, but we'll take you with whatever you've got.

I haven't dome much of this either, so don't feel intimidated by shooting with a group. As far as I know MrTwigg is the only one coming that has done appleseed before (I'll be pm'ing you btw Dennis).

Matt

Thanks Matt, but unfortunately I found out today that I will be leaving for Houston on the 21st. I look forward to any upcoming events.

Would this be something I could do with a tube-fed Marlin 22?

She'll hold 15 rounds...no mags though.

Got one of them "speed E loader" thingies ?

GNS-120.jpg

Iffin you don't, I'll let you borrow mine.

I'd love to show up for this but a 1 1/2 hour drive (after the 1 hour drive home from work) on a weeknight would be pushing it for me.

Dadio,

Welcome! Come on down. The first run at this will be Wednesday at 6pm.

I should warn everyone I won't be as organised as I'd like for the first go 'round. Life got in the way over the weekend so I didn't get down to the range to do a dry run as planned.

Tonight I'll dry fire the course of fire in my living room to check the timing and make sure we can complete it in 1.5 hours.

If you can, zero your rifle at 25m (82feet) before Wednesday.

Matt

I'll be calling Match Shot this afternoon to see if they have a sling and some mounts for my Marlin Model 60. If so, I'll see what I can do to get there tomorrow night.

Should I pull my cheapie Sears scope off it?

5/25 Update:

FYI:

I received tacit approval from the club today (well, actually from the bartender - that may sound strange, but it is the way the place runs), she was supportive and suggested the club president would be as well. I left my name and number for him to call me. I'm not expecting a problem. When we talk I'll see what I can do to get the club to officially sponsor it, not just block range time, so that membership in the club can be waived (insurance reasons).

There was some question as to whether this was officially "Appleseed" or not. I said no, but that we were following the format and that some kind souls that are actual Appleseed instructors may come out to help us out. I need to check with the Appleseed org to see what I need to do to make it "official" or if there is such a thing for the mini-shoots.

Next scheduled shoot (unofficial for now): June 4th (June 5th Rain date)

Matt

What you are doing is a "Mini" Appleseed, and therefore not an official Appleseed.

Covering much of the same material, though not always by an RWVA Instructor.

Mini's usually end up being teasers to show you what Appleseed is all about, and it's a good idea to attend a Mini if you have ANY reservations about going to the real deal.

They're also good to brush up on the basics before coming to a full Appleseed, as when you know some of it, the rest is easier to absorb, and therefore, you will get more out of it. Besides, shooting is always fun.

Hi all,

We're on for this Wednesday the 4th. Who's gonna make it? I'll be set up at 6pm.

I spoke with the club president tonight on the phone. He's real happy about this happening and it will be a club sponsered event going forward. I'll be presenting to the BOD tomorrow night for an offical stamp of approval. This means:

1) No need to be a club member to attend these shoots! Open to the public.
2) We'll collect a small fee ($2) per attendee but will follow the appleseed guidlines (free to under 18 and active service members).

My pack from Fred supposedly shipped on Thursday, so hopefully I'll have it in time for Wednesday and we'll have some redcoats and other targets.

Matt

Hi all,

We're on for this Wednesday the 4th. Who's gonna make it? I'll be set up at 6pm.

I spoke with the club president tonight on the phone. He's real happy about this happening and it will be a club sponsered event going forward. I'll be presenting to the BOD tomorrow night for an offical stamp of approval. This means:

1) No need to be a club member to attend these shoots! Open to the public.
2) We'll collect a small fee ($2) per attendee but will follow the appleseed guidlines (free to under 18 and active service members).

My pack from Fred supposedly shipped on Thursday, so hopefully I'll have it in time for Wednesday and we'll have some redcoats and other targets.

Matt

Thanks for setting this up but it's too far for me on a school night. Any chance of doing one on a weekend?

Back
Top Bottom