UPDATE: Police RAID house of gun-toting St. Louis lawyer couple and confiscate the AR-15

He’s also previously pulled a gun on a neighbor for walking over that land. Surprised he still had his guns. Probably helped that he’s a lawyer

Another reason for off the books stuff - use your ‘non-prized’ rifle - and stash it. If it’s found, it can’t come back to you, if it isn’t retrieve it at a later date.
Stash the family heirloom guns as well. Do not make the mistake of registering any guns, regardless of what unconstitutional laws demand. Screw them! Registration leads to confiscation!

So the warrant to take property was because of the thought police? clearly no crime so why else did they take guns

Pointing a gun with your finger on the trigger at people who do not present an imminent threat to your life could be charged a number of ways. Reckless endangerment comes first to mind, followed by threatening.

Pointing a gun with your finger on the trigger at people who do not present an imminent threat to your life could be charged a number of ways. Reckless endangerment comes first to mind, followed by threatening.

The warrant noted "Unlawful use of weapon - Exhibiting". Would like to see the case law on that. It sounds almost as bad a the nonexistent 'brandishing' in MA.

Last edited:

Mr McCloskey has said he saw armed folks in the crowd.

Now, maybe that's a self-serving embellishment he made after the fact; frankly, I wouldn't doubt that. But we weren't there, so we have to give that statement of his a bit of credence, no?

I'm no fan of their gunhandling either, and I've said so many times in all forty of the threads we've had on this topic. But I disagree that the warrant had to do with their gunhandling. The warrant had to do with an overzealous anti-2A crusader of a circuit attorney, and if these two had followed the Gunsite textbook to the letter they'd still have heard a knock at their door over this.

Their gunhandling matters to NES and the 1% of the rest of the country that can confidently identify Jeff Cooper or Massad Ayoob. It matters to nobody else, least of all this circuit attorney.

The warrant noted "Unlawful use of weapon - Exhibiting". Would like to see the case law on that. It sounds almost as bad a the nonexistent 'brandishing' in MA.
Walked by 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. years ago. Saw uniformed division Secret Service agents behind the gates with MP5s and short-barrelled 870s. They were on White House property, behind the fences. Were they "brandishing"?

Could the couple go out and buy a new gun?

They are not under indictment so I think they could at least get more guns.

Really!
A1. Precisely the property of the McCloskys
A2. Precisely the fact that the gates lead to the front driveway, therefore, precisely making them “front” gates.
A1: The vehicular gate, which is normally locked,
accesses a private boulevard over half a mile long,
lined with many expensive houses.
It's as if Comm. Av. was private property from Arlington to Exeter,
and the only vehicular entrance was from Clarendon.
There are similar vehicular gates where other roads
dead-end at the property line, and many of them have leaves and trash
under the gate. They apparently stay locked except for road maintenance.
(Paving, etc).

The flanking pedestrian gates may normally be latched but unlocked,
and are for the sidewalks flanking the two halves of the boulevard
(which has a tree-covered median). Sidewalks which go past every
house on the boulevard.

A2: The gates access a boulevard and sidewalks, jointly owned
by every house on the street, and probably the houses on adjoining streets.
The private enclave is over 1000' wide, and contains two tree-lined boulevards,
an intermediate alley, and a single cross street which may be the only
connection to public roads. That's wider than the distance from
Newbury to Marlborough in Back Bay.

And those gates and the wall are jointly owned by the neighborhood -
they are not the McCloskeys' personal property.
The start of the McCloskeys' driveway is over 50 yards from the broken gate.

So, no, the mob didn't break down the McCloskeys' personal gates,
and they didn't surge on to their personal property.

Sorry if you already knew this.
It didn't seem to me you knew it.

This.

In NH, there have been people convicted of pointing a firearm at someone that wasn't threatening their life. Most recently, it happened in Manchester during a protest.

So what!

The angry trespassing mob at the McCloskey's WAS threatening their lives and threatening to burn their home.

You either haven't seen the guy's own words spoken on numerous news broadcasts or you are just being willfully ignorant about the situation.

I'd wager that since they are white upper class they got a doorbell ring with "Sir, we have a warrant. You need to let us in and show us where your AR15 is", whereas a lower class black family having a black rifle confiscated for evidence would get the swat treatment.

Really?

Almost every use of a gestapo swat team I've seen in the past ten years has been against a middle class white guy.

Lol depending on local laws them pointing the guns at those people could be legally meaningless given the circumstances. Every state is different. Finger on the trigger is certainly bad trigger discipline, but likely legally meaningless once you've pointed a gun at someone. I'm not aware of any situation in the US where "that" actually means something in legal terms.

The fact that they haven't been charged with a default array of bullshit yet speaks volumes, IMHO. It smells like "hey we are inventing shit to charge them with, pls hang on" the usual screwjob done in where moonbat judges or prosecutors are in play.

In NH, there have been people convicted of pointing a firearm at someone that wasn't threatening their life. Most recently, it happened in Manchester during a protest.

Different states have different laws. In most cases, you can't point a gun at someone unless you could legally justify shooting them, but every state is different and has so many delimiters around this... especially when dealing with property outside that may be yours and or using force in that context, etc.

I'd wager that since they are white upper class they got a doorbell ring with "Sir, we have a warrant. You need to let us in and show us where your AR15 is", whereas a lower class black family having a black rifle confiscated for evidence would get the swat treatment.

I'd wager more like "politely negotiated by their attorney" considering that most of this crap is a dog and pony show. And everyone involved knows it.

Back
Top Bottom