• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

UPDATE: Police RAID house of gun-toting St. Louis lawyer couple and confiscate the AR-15

67ray

NES Member
Search warrant? Confiscated without any charges? What circus is this?

Police RAID house of gun-toting St. Louis lawyer couple and confiscate the AR-15 brandished during confrontation with Black Lives Matter protesters outside their home

• Police searched the home of attorneys Mark and Patricia McCloskey on Friday
  • They uncovered and confiscated an AR-15 rifle that was seen in a viral video
  • The McCloskeys had turned firearms on protesters massed outside their home in a gated St. Louis community after fearing for their safety
  • No charges have been filed against the pair
By DAILY MAIL

PUBLISHED: 02:05 EDT, 11 July 2020 | UPDATED: 04:07 EDT, 11 July 2020
Police executed a search warrant and seized the rifle brandished by a St. Louis man when Black Lives Matter protesters marched through his gated community.

On Friday, authorities searched the home of lawyers Mark and Patricia McCloskey, who made headlines on June 28 when a video went viral showing them waving firearms at protesters who had massed outside their home.

The search turned up the AR-15 that had been held by Mark McCloskey, while a handgun brandished by Patricia McCloskey was already in possession of her attorney, Fox reports.

No charges have been filed against the couple. The pair's attorney, Joel Schwartz, intends to meet with St. Louis Circuit Attorney Kimberly Gardner's office next week, The Washington Examiner reports.

The McCloskeys have said that they were in fear of the protesters and were protecting their home when they were seen pointing firearms at the crowd.

'It was shocking. The gate came in. Seemingly everybody in the world came forward. I think the estimate is 300-500 people,' Mark McCloskey told Fox News on Tuesday.
They came right towards us. We were preparing to have dinner on the porch and we were literally 70 feet from the gate. 'By the time we got our guns, by the time I got my gun, the crowd was probably 30 or 40 feet from us. We thought it was the end. People were screaming everything.'

Asked what the protesters were shouting at them, Patricia McClosky added: 'That they were going to kill us, they were going to come in there, they were going to burn down the house, they were going to be living in our house after I was dead.' She said they pointed to different rooms in the house and said 'that's going to be my bedroom' before threatening to kill their dog when it barked.

Mark McClosky said he started trying to arrange private security for the house when the couple received a tip saying the protesters were planning to come back to 'get us and burn the house'.

'We had been told that the city police had been ordered to stand down, we had been told there was going to be no official help,' he said. 'Our neighborhood association put out a flyer saying if people broke in they were just going to let them. 'So we started trying to hire private security and entity after entity said they did not want to get involved.'

The situation became so bad that the couple started 'hiding' their valuables and were told by one security firm of former special forces members to 'walk away' and 'abandon' the house. Instead, the couple stayed put and said the second protest was loud but non-violent.

Link: Police raid house of St.Louis lawyer couple and confiscate AR-15

Don't worry the police won't come and take your guns...[rofl2]

Politicians say "We fully respect your 2A rights, but".

I believe Beto feels as the majority of politicians now do when he said "We are going to take away your AR-15's".

The right of self protection is gone in a time when peaceful protest are killing innocent Americans.
The police aren't coming going to help you, but have no problem coming to confiscate your firearms and arrest you!
All because of the color of their skin, while those in office condone the acts.

Last edited:
Maybe it's time for the couple to put an ad for mercenaries in the back of Soldier of Fortune magazine, like when people recruited for the Rhodesian Army.
I would be stock piling weapons from other states if I were in their shoes.

Un-f***ing-believable. This couple did what they rightfully should've. THE FRONT GATES WERE TORN DOWN. I don't think they were there to sing hallelujah.

And search warrant for what exactly?? What the f*** crime was committed?? This is absolutely insane that you can rightfully defend your life and your property, and still get hosed because of media and pressure from the antis.

The dude went on national TV several times and explained the situation and his viewpoint very clearly. Seize his firearms?? Now the public knows for a fact that he's unarmed. These judges have no idea how much danger they're putting people in.

That’s actually a ‘Stand Your Ground’ state. No legal issue with what they did, safe gun handling was no where in there minds. Of course, they were facing off agsinst 100’s of rioters - that just broke into the grounds.

How many of them have been charged with destruction of private property? Until that happens, the city & state can blow it out their ass.

The problem was their brazen and obvious disregard safe firearm handling practices. If they had come out, stood on their porch with guns at low ready, it would be fine.

Not a chance. I agree their handling skills are atrocious, but don't fool yourself into thinking they are taking way their firearms because of that.

Un-f***ing-believable. This couple did what they rightfully should've. THE FRONT GATES WERE TORN DOWN. I don't think they were there to sing hallelujah.

And search warrant for what exactly?? What the f*** crime was committed?? This is absolutely insane that you can rightfully defend your life and your property, and still get hosed because of media and pressure from the antis.

The dude went on national TV several times and explained the situation and his viewpoint very clearly. Seize his firearms?? Now the public knows for a fact that he's unarmed. These judges have no idea how much danger they're putting people in.
It doesn't matter. They are just making up new laws as they go along. Law abiding citizens are screwed, inmates are running the asylum.

Why would they need the firearm as evidence? It wasn't fired.
Every detail counts. They need the gun to prove it was not a replica, and was in operable condition. Hmm.... imagine if he anticipated this, ground down the firing pin by 1/2" or so, and claimed he did this ages ago because he didn't want to get rid of a collectible and felt unsafe with an operational AR15. Or claimed he had no ammo and it was just a bluff (they would probably gab ammo as well as evidence). Here in MA the Boston or MSP lab is used to certify an item is an operational firearm for use as evidence in prosecution. When a friend got his 1911 back from the NYPD as it was no longer needed as evidence after the arrestee with the stolen gun incurred multiple subcutaneous ballistic apretures, it came with a report from the NYPD lab confirming it was operational, and even test fired by the NYPD.

There is also the matter of the wording of the warrant. If it was for an AR15 is would be bad form searching places where an AR15, even stripped down, could not be hidden (like a medicine cabinet or inside the upper decker locations). Of course, they could always claim they were not sure the AR15 they found was the one they were looking for, so they would not have to stop upon finding it.. And, there is the open question of disarmament vs. evidence gathering.

Last edited:
The problem was their brazen and obvious disregard safe firearm handling practices. If they had come out, stood on their porch with guns at low ready, it would be fine.

LOL

And if policemen would be serious they would be busy arresting looters who have started this $htshow to begin with.
Hmmm, suddenly defunding police starts making sense! [rockon]
This episode only underlines what I have been telling you all the time: When the $htshow will start WE will be the first ones they will go after. They know us already and we are easy.

I'm not so sure. You might be right, but I think this particular "circuit attorney" was just going to keep combing the lawbooks until she found something to charge him with.

Oh. Wait. There were no charges?

Well then. That just makes everything even more obvious.

I'd wager that since they are white upper class they got a doorbell ring with "Sir, we have a warrant. You need to let us in and show us where your AR15 is", whereas a lower class black family having a black rifle confiscated for evidence would get the swat treatment.

Well....we are in a 'soft' civil war where only 1 side is fighting for now
Just f*cked up that police arent interested, private security arent interested, their own hoa isn't interested, supposedly sf guys are telling them to walk away from their own homes. Even in the third world youre able to find a hired gun to protect anyone from anyone else.

Some action needs to be taken to deter the mob. Authorities are in Chief Wiggum mode. Pressure needs to be applied to the authorities so they do a 180. Either that or you're fighting the mob and the authorities who are tacitly backed by 2/3 of the federal government and corporate America.

Back
Top Bottom