Update on the new Manchester Firing Line

I have no clue - I don't have my personal one on there either. Maybe creating the account under your screen name is the answer...Jim

Jim that's what I'll do if i need to. but what do you need us to do to be included in the giveaway? i didn't see any mention of a giveaway, nor did i see a way to make MFL a friend on the site, i think that is for people. i really know nothing about the face book site except what i saw last night.

Thanks

Jim that's what I'll do if i need to. but what do you need us to do to be included in the giveaway? i didn't see any mention of a giveaway, nor did i see a way to make MFL a friend on the site, i think that is for people. i really know nothing about the face book site except what i saw last night.

Thanks

We'll be drawing a great prize for a Facebook fan in the future, a Mass compliant one if need be :>) !

I would assume you just need to be a fan/friend on FB

I'm kinda dumb founded on the current pricing to use the range. I understand their are some extras, but just in general.

Costs
•New: $175.00 for one year
•Renewal: $130.00 for one year after
Guests
•1 guest free on member's lane
•Guest can have own lane for $10.00 per hour
•Any additional guests over the one are $10.00 per hour
Reservations
•May reserve up to 2 lanes on weekdays
•May reserve only 1 lane on weekends
•Reservations must be made at least 1 hour in advance

On top of all that you still have to pay 8 bucks each time you show up to shoot for the 1st hour.

Even after the 1st year, the price of membership, plus each time you show up to shoot you end up paying more then most other clubs in the area.

And its just that. When you join a gun club you become part of their membership and therefore you make friends, I really don't see that happing with you guys, since what you offer is really just a place to shoot, and not hang out with other gun owners to talk shop.

But I'm glad you guys are able to move and upgrade.

Gary - my response

I'm kinda dumb founded on the current pricing to use the range. I understand their are some extras, but just in general.

Costs
•New: $175.00 for one year
•Renewal: $130.00 for one year after
Guests
•1 guest free on member's lane
•Guest can have own lane for $10.00 per hour
•Any additional guests over the one are $10.00 per hour
Reservations
•May reserve up to 2 lanes on weekdays
•May reserve only 1 lane on weekends
•Reservations must be made at least 1 hour in advance

On top of all that you still have to pay 8 bucks each time you show up to shoot for the 1st hour.

Even after the 1st year, the price of membership, plus each time you show up to shoot you end up paying more then most other clubs in the area.

And its just that. When you join a gun club you become part of their membership and therefore you make friends, I really don't see that happing with you guys, since what you offer is really just a place to shoot, and not hang out with other gun owners to talk shop.

But I'm glad you guys are able to move and upgrade.

I guess it's not for you Gary.
Some people don't want to hang out all day with others/they just want to shoot. A lot of people have made friends here,and talk with people that know more about guns/reloading than I do. I learn something every day I come to work.
Club prices are rising due to taxes, improvements and other reasons.
Clubs have events that shut out others not interested in the event at hand.
Clubs have work party days that not everyone can do.
Clubs don't have 3,500.00 per month light bills, 72,000.00 in rent, 129,000.00 per year in labor, taxes on profits etc. etc. Do some math and see if that's worth eight bucks to shoot after paying the Membership fee.
Clubs don't have rental guns to try before you purchase one. Many clubs do not allow full auto, we'll have the finest rental selection in the country real soon.
Comparing us to a non-profit club is not even close to being fair.
Rain/snow/cold/98 degree days & biting insects all go away in my range. It's all in what you're looking for. Some people just want to enjoy shooting and go home.
My range rates are some of the cheapest of indoor ranges with the amount of overhead I have. I just spent 1.35m dollars in this new facility to make it a better place to shoot. I don't plan on raising prices, I'm just hoping the volume can pay the bills.

I currently have 900 Members, while clubs around me have less (with the exception of Pelham & Nashua) that are close to that. I feel we're doing something right now,but will do much better with a nicer facility.

Members also get:
1. Cheaper transfers
2. Pay less for ammunition
3. A Member only section in a new multi million dollar range
4. Can reserve range time in advance
5. A guest at no charge / guest gets membership rates on ammo too

Coming soon - A Full Time Gunsmith ( John Andrewski ) will be on board.
I'm glad you dedicted your first post to me - Enjoy NES it's free / but $20.00 (being green) will set you free [wink]

PS: I support NH Clubs , and belong to two of them. I find that shooting 500 yards at Sunset Mountain, two hundred with my handgun, and the couple of times I can get out to Londonderry F&G are the most relaxing and enjoyable days all year for me. If I had the time in my life, I'd be at Nashua & Pelham too. I don't have time to shoot at work :>(

Last edited:

Thanks

You didn't see it on there because I offered it here first. Everyone on there is already in the running. See comments below, I don't know "Jack" about facebook either....Jim

I Clicked that I like the page but I can not add as a friend either. Normally I can do this when I do a search, Just click on friend request. But not for a page appearently only for people.

It sounds great Jim! I just wish you were closer. How about opening a place in central Ma? I know it is probably not worth all the hassle but it sure would be nice.

You didn't see it on there because I offered it here first. Everyone on there is already in the running. See comments below, I don't know "Jack" about facebook either....Jim

OH OK,

I don't know Jack either, just thought i would join to get in on your great offer. never had any interest in facebook itself. as i said i can't see a way to become friends with a business/page as opposed to actual people. i saw where i can click that i like Manchester firing line, but not become friends or a fan of it. unless of course clicking "like" makes one a "fan".

OH OK,

I don't know Jack either, just thought i would join to get in on your great offer. never had any interest in facebook itself. as i said i can't see a way to become friends with a business/page as opposed to actual people. i saw where i can click that i like Manchester firing line, but not become friends or a fan of it. unless of course clicking "like" makes one a "fan".

Facebook replaced "Become a Fan" with "Like". It's the same thing.

Ok i was just on the page and saw where your wife posted to someone else who asked how to join or become a fan. she says to click the "like button" and that it used to be "become a fan" but they changed it. i did that under my NES id Major Boom Boom.

Thanks again Jim

Facebook replaced "Become a Fan" with "Like". It's the same thing.

yep i just posted the same thing. thanks

if i didn't know any better i would say facebook is involving me in racial profiling, you should see all the suggestions (for friends?) they are listing for me - all middle eastern looking (i'm no expert) names. think my name has anything to do with it...lol

Last edited:
My post was not ment to be rude, if thats how it came accross. I forgot to metion I'm interested in 24hr indoor access, because I don't really have access to go between 8am and 8pm because of my wifes job. However on a different note, I did buy my first gun there last week. Your store was my only stop, I did not look or call anyone else. :)

I guess it's not for you Gary.
Some people don't want to hang out all day with others/they just want to shoot. A lot of people have made friends here,and talk with people that know more about guns/reloading than I do. I learn something every day I come to work.
Club prices are rising due to taxes, improvements and other reasons.
Clubs have events that shut out others not interested in the event at hand.
Clubs have work party days that not everyone can do.
Clubs don't have 3,500.00 per month light bills, 72,000.00 in rent, 129,000.00 per year in labor, taxes on profits etc. etc. Do some math and see if that's worth eight bucks to shoot after paying the Membership fee.
Clubs don't have rental guns to try before you purchase one. Many clubs do not allow full auto, we'll have the finest rental selection in the country real soon.
Comparing us to a non-profit club is not even close to being fair.
Rain/snow/cold/98 degree days & biting insects all go away in my range. It's all in what you're looking for. Some people just want to enjoy shooting and go home.
My range rates are some of the cheapest of indoor ranges with the amount of overhead I have. I just spent 1.35m dollars in this new facility to make it a better place to shoot. I don't plan on raising prices, I'm just hoping the volume can pay the bills.

I currently have 900 Members, while clubs around me have less (with the exception of Pelham & Nashua) that are close to that. I feel we're doing something right now,but will do much better with a nicer facility.

Members also get:
1. Cheaper transfers
2. Pay less for ammunition
3. A Member only section in a new multi million dollar range
4. Can reserve range time in advance
5. A guest at no charge / guest gets membership rates on ammo too

Coming soon - A Full Time Gunsmith ( John Andrewski ) will be on board.
I'm glad you dedicted your first post to me - Enjoy NES it's free / but $20.00 (being green) will set you free [wink]

PS: I support NH Clubs , and belong to two of them. I find that shooting 500 yards at Sunset Mountain, two hundred with my handgun, and the couple of times I can get out to Londonderry F&G are the most relaxing and enjoyable days all year for me. If I had the time in my life, I'd be at Nashua & Pelham too. I don't have time to shoot at work :>(

I agree with everything you said here, I personally belong to NFGA and there are just some things you don't get at a not for profit range. The membership fee at MFL is also not required to use their services it just helps get a better rate. If you don't belong to NFGA you don't get to use anything at NFGA (barring a couple exceptions, public competitions and going as a guest) but at MFL you still can, but if you're a member you get better pricing. Seems for somebody that does a lot of shooting particularly pistol shooting MFL membership would be a great choice.

I think you're doing a great job and really enjoy doing business with MFL.

Jim, If you ever want to use the facilities at NFGA (well for the next 8 months or so anyway after that I think I'm changing to MVGC) let me know although I'm not qualified on the 600 yet.

For me the MFL membership is more than fair. Bring a buddy and shoot for an hour and a half for $12. Pretty much saves $36 on range time for that visit alone. Best part...on a crowded weekend, call ahead and get the next available lane when you arrive, no waiting. The staff is friendly and helpful. Can't wait to try out the new range. Thanks for the great place to shoot Jim.

Back
Top Bottom