Upcoming Mass Gun Control hearings...

I took off a full day of work for the rally in springfield... yes its not ideal hut its also not impossible to attend these things.

Mike

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

I couldn't make it this time but the turn out is disappointing. I took four days off to go so far and can't keep burning leave to attend.

Is everyone in Mass so intent on moving north that they can't take one day to go?

Aaron

I couldn't make it this time but the turn out is disappointing. I took four days off to go so far and can't keep burning leave to attend.

Is everyone in Mass so intent on moving north that they can't take one day to go?

Aaron

I think that it's been so long that many people are moving on to other things. This happens on both sides, but on our side, we don't have legions of people who are sitting around waiting for someone to pick them up on a bus, give them a box lunch, and will say whatever you want them to say. Well, that and we can only take so many days off.

My club is filled with retired guys - I have seen exactly three show up and one speak, that's it.

However, the grey haired anti's all drag along their 'husbands' to rant about their feelings...

Still can't get over the guy just about crying about how he fired a cops glock and 'it took no effort' to pull the trigger. Try that with the trigger on a common slaves glock, he probably couldn't muster the strength.

Aaron

Wow. 4 days off. I thank you for your sacrafice on behalf of all of us. I have only been able to take two days off.

While the other side is most certainly better organized, you wouldn't have known it in Springfield.

I can't blame anyone that moves north, south, or west form this state. I don't want to move as I really like it here. But there is only so much crap that one can take. Being treated like a criminal due to my choices in self defense and being treated with utter disdain because I go to a job everyday and pay taxes wears on you.

Last edited:
Until we start recalling officials like they did in Colorado, I dint think anything is going to change here. These people all know they will continue to get re-elected here, so they don't care about us.

Wow. 4 days off. I thank you for your sacrafice on behalf of all of us. I have only been able to take two days off.

While the other side is most certainly better organized, you wouldn't have known it in Springfield.

I can't blame anyone that moves north, south, or west form this state. I don't want to move as I really like it here. But there is only so much crap that one can take. Being treated like a criminal due to my choices in self defense and being treated with utter disdain because I go to a job everyday and pay taxes wears on you.

I think that it's been so long that many people are moving on to other things. This happens on both sides, but on our side, we don't have legions of people who are sitting around waiting for someone to pick them up on a bus, give them a box lunch, and will say whatever you want them to say. Well, that and we can only take so many days off.

I think this is unfortunetly true and that they may be counting on hearing-fatigue. Hopefully there will be a big showing in Boston.

I went yesterday, was there for about 4 hours. Some of the stuff that was said made me decide against standing up and speaking. I would have been a condescending dick to most of the anti's.
My favorite quote of the day was "Liability insurance will prevent accidental shootings"
I apologize to anyone in the last two rows that over heard half my comments and your welcome for the other half.

Today's hearing. A picture speaks a thousand words.

554987_618743798146178_1890034632_n.jpg
Well, look at those sitting way up there... Are they paying attention at all? Such is American way of politics nowadays. Almost caught up with the Chinese west of Pacific. The Chinese would make an effort to fill an auditorium, and that'd be the only difference.

There was a fellow from Western MA who identified himself as a father, disabled Navy vet and Electrical Engineer who I thought gave cohesive, impactful testimony.

Well, look at those sitting way up there... Are they paying attention at all? Such is American way of politics nowadays. Almost caught up with the Chinese west of Pacific. The Chinese would make an effort to fill an auditorium, and that'd be the only difference.
Were you there? I was only there for the last hour (I plan to testify in Boston and wanted to hear) and as far as the above picture goes, it was nearly the end of the event, and the speaker was rambling.

I was just out of the picture to the left, or you probably would have seen me checking my email. The one recommendation I can make to those planning to give testimony is to give it to yourself in front of a mirror, or even better, use something to record it.

Rep. Bruce Tarr give a seemingly unrehearsed but extremely tight and well-reasoned testimony that I am going to use as a model. Not necessarily because of what he said, but because he engaged the committee in a positive way and was persuasive in bringing them to understand his position. He was in a suit and tie, he presented himself in a friendly manner, and he was done in about two minutes.

Last edited:
I will be at Boston, have already arranged for the day off, and have already started working on written and verbal testimony based on ideas and notes from what I heard at the Worcester hearing.

Our side needs a huge showing in Boston, this will be the last hearing, and Boston is Anti-Headquarters, it will be very easy for them to load up the auditorium. They won't even have to bus anti-gunners in. You can bet that Deval will be there, and Commissioner Davis, and Rosenthal, etc.

Depending on the date I am going to try to make the Boston hearing and drag some people along.

I started with the "common ground" thing last time...

I figure I'll mention a couple "common ground" proposals. At this time, I have not heard back from the "other side" that I had sent emails to.

Issues I want to push/think we should push
1. Pull resources from "drug enforcement" and move to firearms "trafficking enforcement"
2. Be harder on repeat violent offenders.
3. Stress how there has been constant discussion of how there are armed criminals everyone in towns which tend to not let any of their residents own guns.
4. Further reduce accidents through use of programs such as eddie eagle, parental education packets, etc. We SHOULD be sure to mention how rare fatal firearm accidents truly are.

Also stress the NON common ground issues.

I also plan to list a couple "facts" with sources that refute a lot of what has been said by uninformed antis.

Mike

There are no common ground issues to be had - they are there for gun control and the problem is inner city, drug related violence.

In order to actually fix anything the legislature would need to admit the war on drugs and the war on poverty have been lost - this will never happen. They will parade around, listen, and then do what they planned to do from the start.

Rep Naughton made it very clear that no one should complain that they were not heard with the number of hearings that were held - Any guess what that means? They let us speak so that they could call sour grapes when they do what they want in the end.

We need to get very vocal and active with our local Reps and call at least one or two close Reps once a week until the committee meets to go over these bills - if you can get your Rep to meet with the committee even better. Have an anti for a Rep, call twice a week to waste their time.

Just research what Naughton did when on active duty (hint it was very 'Boston Strong')

Aaron

Last edited:
Ok, I want to keep this alive. First, its imperative that as many people as possible show up when they announce a date. I know it will be short notice, but, if we dont, we potentially lose. I really dont give a rats ass if I am there until 11pm-I WILL be heard. Have your speeches prepared-even if you gave one previously, as I and many others had. If they ask if its the same one, say yes-and, ask why the antis arent being asked the same thing, because their message has ALWAYS been the same. Its a canned speech on their end. So, dont be afraid to give a similar speech as last time. We need numbers. We arent there to change the anti minds-that will not happen.
Currently, I am working on a spreadsheet that shows who is affected by these gun laws (surprise surprise, all but one, affects ONLY current gun owners). However, I want to drill down to each bill, as most of the proposals simply already exist. However, when I went to pull each of the bills-shock of shocks, they are no longer listed, so I cannot get the meat and potatoes of the filed bills. If anyone has that info, I would greatly appreciate it.
Also, I am getting a lot of assistance from fellow NES folks here. Dont be afraid to reach out to each other. I received a VERY comprehensive guide to MA firearms laws from a fellow NESer, gratis. Which is propelling my speech :). So, start preparing now!

You still can submit written testimony. You now have no excuse! Feel free to run it by NES for proofing (STRONGLY suggested).

I have a couple pages written up for Boston, (which will also go to state rep and senator) from which I would take select arguments for verbal. Was looking for a proofreader(s) for constructive criticism. Is anyone good at that? I can PM/email you the doc.

This is what I came up with for verbal testimony. I'm wondering if the end is too combative or threatening. What have they been like up until this point?

Good morning/Afternoon

I’d like to thank the committee for allowing me the time to speak today. I come to you today as a current gun owner and staunch opponent to the gun control measures up for consideration.

Throughout the course of today, these hearings, and many debates nation wide, we hear tragic anecdotal evidence of loved ones lost to gun violence. I can offer you, as can many others, positive stories in which gun ownership stopped a crime or saved a life. On November 10th 2010, at approximately 7pm, a masked man entered my parents family business, a convenience store, armed with a machete. This man, a career criminal, and recent parolee, demanded cash from the register. My 60 year old father who works 90 hours a week to support my family, was armed with a smith and Wesson 9mm, 6906. Upon further aggression from the man, my father drew his weapon. Without firing a single shot, the man fled only to be apprehended later by the MA state police. My father was able to protect his life, and his livelihood, by using a legally owned firearm. Should bills such as H.3253 be passed into law, My father would not be able to exercise that right, and god forbid there be a repeat attempt, could find himself no longer here to enjoy his family and his life.

The bills up for consideration are in direct violation of our constitutional rights, rights which are not granted by any man or woman, they are not granted by a piece of parchment, they are granted upon birth. They are rights that are unalienable, and no one, I repeat no one can remove those rights.

I am not here to beg, plead, or grovel in opposition or for you to leave my rights alone, conversely, I am here to warn you and the legislators who wish to pass these bills that Should they pass, we, the gun owners of Massachusetts will find whatever means in our legal power to remove any legislator from office that passess them. There are consequences for every poor decision in life. I ask you to choose wisely.

Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom