Upcoming Marlboro Gun Show - Waste of Time or Worth the Trip?

Zanotti USED TO BE at the gun shows but that was years ago. Haven't seen them at a MA or NH show now in probably 7-8 years. Eastern Security (Mendon MA) has some great safes but none TTBOMK are modular.

Kind of untrue Len, Eastern sells Dakota Safes. They make a break down model. They were expecting a shipment last month.

I have been looking forward to going and it would my wife's first show.
[thumbsup]

I hope its not a sick madhouse. Do they limit the number of people that can go in per fire code?
Never heard of a fire code violation. (Crowds and aromatic ambiance, Yes) Lines outside are a result of waiting at the ticket window.

I wanted to try and find some ammo cans
Usually available, sometimes new, almost always something used.

reloading components
Depending on what you're looking for you can have success. Prices may not be the cheapest, but if you haven't been able to find it elsewhere, it's still a good thing.

I don't think there'll ever be enough snow to keep that from happening. [smile]

and maybe find a lever gun.
You might find something you like. Again don't expect a bargain.

Hope you and the missus have a great time. [grin]

If I were you I'd pass on the show...
1) I went to the manchester NH show and the lines were unbelieveable...two hour + wait and no great deals inside
... I doubt if Marlbore will be anything different.
2) At least the at the Manchester show most of the line waiting was INSIDE...if you go to the Marlboro show the waiting line will be OUTSIDE so bring something warm to wear..you'll be out side for a long time in the cold!
3) Parking will be free but it will be a LONG walk to where you park so buy light stuff
Until the crazyness and panic buying slows down, there will be no good deals at shows. Its a seller market with all the panic so no cheap prices. They have to get the most for their stuff because they can't reorder stock. What they have is all they got and they have no idea when they will get a new supply.
Talk a break and wait a while ...at least in the spring it will be warmer to wait in line!

Do you think they will have any 223/5.56 Ammo? Thats the only reason Im going

See Dave. [grin]
I'm going for the jerky and maybe some M1 carbine mags. I'm also thinking about putting a sign on my hat that says ask me about overpriced 223 ammo since I seem to be the only person in New England that has any for sale.

Dave

I'll be there all day Sunday signing people up for the spring Hopkinton "Itroduction to practical shooting" course. If you have ever wanted to try competition but felt uneasy about it, come see me.

I'd like to add that since it will be cold and a long wait in line, I'll probably be wearing my Danner Fort Lewis boots since they're warm and comfy. Anyone willing to pay $1 per round or more for 223 can feel free to find me so I can kick you in the ass or crotch free of charge. This way here you can get the full effect of being a total douchebag and walk away with the pain you deserve.

I am in line already, have a chair, tent and porta-potti, there are 100 people ahead of me [rofl]

I was thinking of going around 2 pm and hope the line is gone, or maybe first thing Sunday. The line will be impossible until at least noon or longer

I figure I will get there early Sunday. If it's too ugly, I can just head home as I live in the city.

Wait...what if I get to the line and point and yell "Look...liberals!" maybe everyone will run over to them?

I'd like to add that since it will be cold and a long wait in line, I'll probably be wearing my Danner Fort Lewis boots since they're warm and comfy. Anyone willing to pay $1 per round or more for 223 can feel free to find me so I can kick you in the ass or crotch free of charge. This way here you can get the full effect of being a total douchebag and walk away with the pain you deserve.

nice choice with the Ft. Lewis. they are the "assault weapon" of boots. [rofl]

First Defense had plenty of .223 and everything else as of this evening. Didn't check prices.

They also had two Colt Preban ARs on the shelf, plus 2 complete AR lowers in the showcase.

Stop by and help our Junior team and win a pistol or iPad!

Hi,

If you are coming to the Marlborough show this weekend, please stop by the Massachusetts Junior Pistol Team's table! We'll be raffling off the winner's choice of:

• Smith and Wesson M&P 9mm
  • Ruger SR1911 Stainless 45ACP
  • Remington 1911 w/ threaded barrel 45ACP (non MA/NY compliant)
  • North American Arms 32ACP Guardian
  • iPad 2

Tickets are $10, we are limiting it to a max of 250 tickets.

Money raised goes to fund the competition and training of our juniors -- 3 of whom just swept the state Junior Olympics air pistol and .22 pistol events! They are now heading to nationals in Georgia this summer.

Those who can't make it to the show can IM me if interested in getting tickets.

cheers,
Chuck

Last edited:
so is the line really going to be that bad tomorrow morning? was going to go at 10 with my girlfriend but not interested in having her bitch about the cold :lol:

I learned long ago to never get my hopes up at MA gun shows. Don't expect to find deals, don't expect to find what you're looking for, in fact, don't expect anything except for a little entertainment. For every "deal" there is out there, there are a dozen tables full of run-of-the-mill guns that vendors have marked up specifically for the show.

I think the internet era has killed the traditional gun show - if there's something specific you're looking for, no matter how common or rare, you can probably find it easier and for less from the comfort of your own couch.

Gun shows are for finding things you didn't know you needed and don't mind paying for.

Back
Top Bottom