Upcoming Marlboro Gun Show - Waste of Time or Worth the Trip?

I honestly find I get more entertainment value for my dollar going to the shows than I do going to the movies. I like to window shop and people watch.

My first gun show was this Marlboro show last year in 2012. I got to meet many NES'rs there. It was definitely entertaining and I am definitely going again (assuming it's still on and not cancelled).

Limit is one jerky per month unless you get a special license which is longer available in MA if you are a US citizen...call me as I have a connection and will meet you out in the parking lot...code word "where's the beef?"

Keep an eye out for the unassuming little old lady....she's viscious [smile]

Last edited by a moderator:
I will probably check it out.
Never been to a gun show and would like to experience the madness before some silly bill bans them completely too.
Probably won't be buying anything though (running too low on vasoline)

Last edited:
I have to work this show. I am sure it will be a mad house. Hortons just raised their prices to dealers on WASA 10, ready, $725..........[puke]

I think I will go. My first show. I just inherited a S+W .38 revolver SPL that could be 50+ years old. I have the serial number, maybe someone there will know how old it actually is. :)

I have been looking forward to going and it would my wife's first show. I hope its not a sick madhouse. Do they limit the number of people that can go in per fire code? I wanted to try and find some ammo cans, reloading components, sign up for goal, and maybe find a lever gun.

I think I will go. My first show. I just inherited a S+W .38 revolver SPL that could be 50+ years old. I have the serial number, maybe someone there will know how old it actually is. :)

Sadly, Expect almost no one to give you a straight answer and many will offer to buy the "piece of junk" for about 20% of what it is worth. Worst place to go to get information would be a show unless you know of a specific collector setting up a table. Go on the S&W forum and ask there. Most will be selling full speed to all the panicking people.

You can call or E-mail S&W with the S/N and they can tell you the date it shipped from the factory.
Another good resource is the Standard Catalog of Smith & Wesson. http://www.amazon.com/Standard-Catalog-Smith-Wesson/dp/089689293X

As for the original question; NO. Stay home! The lines waiting to get in are huge and there is no parking. There are NO bargains to be found and this year will be even worse than previous. [wink]

I'll be there Sunday working the Hopkinton Sportsmen's booth advertising for our annual "Introduction to Practical Shooting" class.

Oh come on, don't tell me not to go, that it's not worth it.
I live very close so it's rather easy to get to and I can't wait to see the sea of humanity that is there!
haha

I'll go for sure..
I've never had to stand in that line more than 10 minutes.. I try to get there around 11.00 or so.. but i have to hike a bit to and from the car..
The sights.. the smells..
yep.. it's a gun show..

I'm lookin' for a shotgun this year..

I'm going for the jerky and maybe some M1 carbine mags. I'm also thinking about putting a sign on my hat that says ask me about overpriced 223 ammo since I seem to be the only person in New England that has any for sale.

Dave

Does anybody know if there will be any modular safes for sale there? Unfortunately, due to the physical requirements of my house, I have to go with a modular safe versus a single body. I see that Zanotti Armor makes a 52 gun tall safe that I've been eyeballing online but I haven't been able to find one in person to look at. I know that there is always some guy with safes there but I don't know who he is or what he carries.

Does anybody know if there will be any modular safes for sale there? Unfortunately, due to the physical requirements of my house, I have to go with a modular safe versus a single body. I see that Zanotti Armor makes a 52 gun tall safe that I've been eyeballing online but I haven't been able to find one in person to look at. I know that there is always some guy with safes there but I don't know who he is or what he carries.

Zanotti USED TO BE at the gun shows but that was years ago. Haven't seen them at a MA or NH show now in probably 7-8 years. Eastern Security (Mendon MA) has some great safes but none TTBOMK are modular.

Back
Top Bottom