Upcoming Gun lot at Douglas Auctions Friday

Here's the updated catalog - pix of each item... 300+ lots
ETA-- Tons of militaria stuff

Thanks for posting their updated catalog. That makes it more interesting. Not going to go there but it's tempting. The condition of some rifles interesting to me shows some high use and/or a little storage neglect, so the value comes down to bore condition. I don't need collector grade cosmetics, but if a rifle has a sewer pipe bore it's worthless to me. Some cool stuff like those Winchester 52's, but I'd have to inspect in person. If anyone is eyeing those M1 Garands, I would not pay more than $800 tops for those. Probably they will go for more and you'd be better off ordering from CMP or something in better condition.

Ugh- what was done to that Johnson is criminal...

The one thing I'd make a serious bid on is the lot of 16ga ammo - not sure if I'll go just for that. There were a few things that peaked my interest, but nothing that said to me "You MUST go to Douglas today". Perhaps I should just put in an online bid - if I went in person, I'd get pulled in by something in that crowd of militaria that I certainly don't need.

I agree about that Johnson, not a well done sporterization.

"Don't play with your Johnson, you'll ruin it!"

The one thing I'd make a serious bid on is the lot of 16ga ammo - not sure if I'll go just for that. There were a few things that peaked my interest, but nothing that said to me "You MUST go to Douglas today". Perhaps I should just put in an online bid - if I went in person, I'd get pulled in by something in that crowd of militaria that I certainly don't need.

I agree about that Johnson, not a well done sporterization.

"Don't play with your Johnson, you'll ruin it!"
I'm sure the dude who played with that Johnson spent his later years as a blind person with hairy palms...

For anyone into militaria, some cool stuff. Also I don't want to sound negative on all the guns- some appear to be great examples of the type.

If anyones going from far away dont expect to walk out of there with anything, you get to pay tonight but you'll have to go back next week to actually get the gun. Been there, done that.

Back
Top Bottom