• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Unusual concealment/carry methods

I don't have an odd method of carry....but was watching Tarantino's 'From Dusk Til Dawn' last night - I want to get the crotch gun that Sex Machine had.

for trips in the car, I throw whatever I'm carrying between the driver's seat and the middle seat (pickup truck with split bench seat).

My old man's got a holster that goes into your pants down by your junk, and has a cell phone holster on the top of it...I don't know what the holster is called, but to get at it, you just pull the cell phone holster, which brings the pistol out of your pants.

Ill toss one of the little guys in my shirt pocket once in a while, but other than that, I have my carry methods worked out so I never have any problem.

One thing to keep note of is if you use a non-traditional carry bag, be prepared to answer questions. Especially if you are using a guitar gig bag. I'm a guitarist so I can rattle crap out and make people's eyes gloss over.

A guitarist can use a gig bag, a golfer could use a golf bag, etc.

Questions from who? I use a non "gun" looking case to prevent prying eyes and questions.

Questions from who? I use a non "gun" looking case to prevent prying eyes and questions.

People love musicians. They also think they have carte blanche to stop you and chat you up. There are lots of people (drunks and retards) who 'play guitar'. If you don't know anything about it and they start bugging you, asking you what kind of guitar you have and you fumble, they may get suspicious.

I don't make an effort to advertise that I go shooting, but I also make no effort to hide it.

I just don't care.

I don't make an effort to advertise that I go shooting, but I also make no effort to hide it.

I just don't care.

I don't hide it either. I use a hard plastic case for rifles/shotguns and ammo cans for pistols/ammo. Everything else goes in my backpack.

I do put my carry piece in the door pocket while driving though. It is easy to access there and will not fly if I crash.

People love musicians. They also think they have carte blanche to stop you and chat you up. There are lots of people (drunks and retards) who 'play guitar'. If you don't know anything about it and they start bugging you, asking you what kind of guitar you have and you fumble, they may get suspicious.

Got ya

One thing to keep note of is if you use a non-traditional carry bag, be prepared to answer questions.

Good point.

My old man's got a holster that goes into your pants down by your junk, and has a cell phone holster on the top of it...I don't know what the holster is called, but to get at it, you just pull the cell phone holster, which brings the pistol out of your pants.

Sounds like a PagerPal. In another thread Pilgrim posted:

over the years I read a lot of forums where this has been discussed. Almost universally it has been described as a 'do not waste your money' item.

His post echoes my thoughts exactly.

...other than that, I have my carry methods worked out so I never have any problem.

I agree when it comes to my day to day life. But this thread has given me some interesting food for thought.

Don't forget that ankle holsters are a good choice for someone driving frequently. For a right-handed shooter, the holster is worn on the inside of the left ankle (on the leg not needed for driving (unless it's got a standard transmission)). Once in the car, you could hook the pants cuff behind the grips to make a clean and quick draw easier, as long as you remember to rearrange your cuff before you open the door.

I like the idea of attaching a paddle holster to the on-door storage area, but again, you've got to remember about it before you fling open the door.

Umm, oh I get....no wait...umm, how exactly do you do that? I mean, just where do you carry it????

Gun_Xray.jpg

Dododo.gif

Zappa, it think the cylinder latch needs to be adjusted or you may have trouble on the draw stroke...

Don't forget that ankle holsters are a good choice for someone driving frequently. For a right-handed shooter, the holster is worn on the inside of the left ankle (on the leg not needed for driving (unless it's got a standard transmission)). Once in the car, you could hook the pants cuff behind the grips to make a clean and quick draw easier, as long as you remember to rearrange your cuff before you open the door.

I like the idea of attaching a paddle holster to the on-door storage area, but again, you've got to remember about it before you fling open the door.

I don't think I can reach my left ankle while seated in the drivers seat of my car. Sure sounds like a comfy ride, though.

And yes, I've opened my door many a time with a gun hooked on it. You close it back up reeaaalll quick.

Back
Top Bottom