• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

UK Police Shut Down Popular Gun Channel on YouTube, Branding it a 'Forum of Extremism'

Before nes gets all wtf o lay with Britain,

You tube yesterday removed brownells from utube. No notice . Nothing .just gone.
Brownell's channel was restored yesterday. Stinks that it was pulled in the first place, but at least they're back now.

There is a distinct difference between YouTube and the Authorities being able to shut down content on YouTube's network.
That could have been used to to bite YT in the backside.

The DCMA gives site operators protection against copyright infringement on their sites provided that they are not performing an editorial function. If YT can be shown to be approving / disapproving content based upon YT's own (editorial) considerations, they may lose that DCMA safe harbor.

Perfect example to use against the drive to repeal or reinterpret the Second Amendment. All of the amendments in the Bill of Rights are inextricably interwoven. Once you mess with the political consensus around individual constitutional rights, you open up Pandora's Box.

If your gun rights are dependent on the state's permission, what's to stop the state from holding them over your head to get you to do whatever they want? No "extremist" speech, consent to search and inspection of your home for gun storage compliance, etc.

Current constitutional jurisprudence prevents that kind of state action independently of 2A, but if you're reinterpreting the 2A, why not 1A and 4A?

I just read this closer. It wasn't even about what he said in the videos, it was about commenters.

"I was told that due to repeated comments from other people on the videos [police] felt that the channel was a forum of extremism and it was promoting views that were not in line with legal firearms ownership within the U.K.,"

Jesus Christ.

I’m guessing the pigs over there shutting that serf’s site wouldn’t/don’t think too highly of NES.

Probably didn't want to be setup to be killed in prison like Tommy Robinson. He likely won't survive his sentence in a majority muslim prison.

I just read this closer. It wasn't even about what he said in the videos, it was about commenters.

"I was told that due to repeated comments from other people on the videos [police] felt that the channel was a forum of extremism and it was promoting views that were not in line with legal firearms ownership within the U.K.,"

Jesus Christ.
Why stop at guns? Organize enough people to comment and you could get the needlepoint channel banned.

ETA: And it's not like .gov would never do something like this to get what it wants, eh Mr holder?

Back
Top Bottom